Dr. Paul Herring MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 12th, 2014
Billing
Get it in writing before you are get the service. I have Tricare Prime insurance, upon my arrival a staff person for Dr Herring informed me of an additional service that was no additional cost to me. I asked the cost again, she said none replaying most insurances don't cover this Tricare Prime did. The eye exam was very automated to me sit here, move to this area, wait here. Thinking about the whole process for I fell like a car being assembled. I will be filing a grievance with Humana Military. I needed my eye exam to have the distance between pupils measure for ordering progressive lens. I called back and was told to just come in before noon. I asked was there a charge and was told no, bring your exam. Got there and they wanted money no problem, I left and won't be returning ever. I used a ruler and a person with good eyesight to obtain the measurement. Lucky for me I am retired and a bullet zooming by is highly unlikely.

August 13th, 2013
Regret surgery
Initially I was so excited about the possibility of improving my vision I don't think I investigated sufficiently. I just reacted and PAID (in advance!)...a lot! from my point of view. I was very pleased after surgery on the first of my eyes; much less so after the second. "Things" just weren't right...there seemed to be a remoteness. I was told my sight would chage/impression improve?/ over the next few months. Initially it improved slightly but now has regressed! I delayed returning because I really have difficultly explaining HOW I see and WHAT exactly I don't and kept anticipating improvement. When I finally called it appears I am BEYOND the post op phase and there will be additonal charges for any review. I will not go back. At the moment I am EXTREMELY dissatisfied with results and lack of followup. I would NOT reccomend this doctor. My uncorrected vision is better but my 'corrected' vision BEFORE surgery was much better than either my 'corrected' vision or 'uncorrected' now. Would I make the same decision in retrospect? I wouldn't have the surgery. I wasted my money and increased my frustration.

July 26th, 2013
Steals your money
What a waste of time saw me 10 minutes to tell me to see a new cornea speak its in practice who came from a well established practice when I called former practice they told me check reveiws OMG thank goodness I checked she sucks will gets 2nd option from another practice

April 10th, 2012
Excellent Doctor
Best eye doctor I've ever had in my 56 years. He also performed surgery on both of my eyes with excellent results (and this comment is over 2 years after the surgery!). He is brief and to the point, and that's the way I like it. In and out.

January 12th, 2012
He is the Best
This was the Best experience I have had with an eye Doctor. Waited less then 5 minutes in the waiting room Paul was really nice and professional. Highly recommend him

October 15th, 2011
Dr. Herring is charming but not very responsive to patient questions. Most of the exam is conducted by staff with in house training. Dr. Herring came highly recommended but I am now told by several medical people that the no longer would recommend him. I know I could not recommend Dr. Herring he ended up being a big disappointment as I had to go to another eye specialist to solve a problem I repeatedly asked Dr. Herring to solve.

December 20th, 2010
The best in the low country
After having 3 different Dr's in charleston a friend referred me to Paul. He is the best, knows his stuff, fast in and fast out.

February 16th, 2017