Geriatric Specialist (elderly care), Psychiatrist

1715 Aaron Brenner Dr
Ste 326
Memphis, TN 38120
901-405-6440
Locations and availability (1)

|  What Dr.Hill neans to me  |  show details
by StephanieHolmes on Jan 29th, 2010

Dr.Hill has been my doctor for about 8- 9 years .He is very careing.

|  show details
Feb 12th, 2009

Dr. Paul B. Hill was my mother's doctor from 1999 to 2008 (patient's age: 66-75). After my mother began presenting serious adverse side-effect symptoms and dangerous health problems during the first few months of 2008, I put aside my agenda and began researching her psychiatric treatment history and psychotropic medications. I consulted my mother's primary-care physician and other specialists, and each of these doctors was shocked by her psychotropic medication schedule, present and past, as prescribed by Dr. Hill. Her primary-care physician was speechless, when she discovered that my mother had been on the maximum allowable dosage of Cymbalta for many months -- 180 mg per day -- and she directly expressed surprise that my mother had survived the abuse, saying that she had never seen a patient on more than 90 mg per day since Cymbalta entered the market. She added that she knew hulky football players in their 20s who would probably not be able to tolerate such dosing.My mother has literally been rescued from Dr. Hill's deadly grip, and after almost a year's detoxification, we now have her back with us.I believe that Dr. Hill suffers from his own psychiatric problems (he showed much difficulty making eye contact with me whenever I would accompany my mother on her visits) along with seriously poor judgment. I believe Dr. Hill was too easily emotionally manipulated by my mother's complaints (which took the form of desperate emotional pleas at times) and compulsively and recklessly over-prescribed my mother's medications. I also believe that Dr. Hill's abilities to obtain and analyze my mother's feedback to him and to make professional observations of her presenting state of health were dangerously lacking. Beware!