Dr. Paul Horchos Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Horchos?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Horchos?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 22nd, 2016

Dr Horchos is very kind and considerate He spends a significant amount of time with you and is a good listener . I highly recommend him.

March 15th, 2016

i suffer from chronic injury that has been treated to a slight degree with surgeries and Dr. Horchos has worked with me on my on going treatment ,really good doctor,strict but good,thanks to him and staff.

September 29th, 2015

Only doctor who cares to spend enough time with me. I physically feel better than ever.

August 27th, 2015

He is both extremely supportive as well as objective. If you're looking for long-term prescription management for pain, he's not your doc. Dr. Horchos has helped me address pain symptoms via exercise, acupuncture, and massage. With his help, I was able to return to my job.

April 20th, 2015

the criminalization of pain patients

This is a response to the comment below me.. not everybody who writes a negative review about a doctor, especially a pain management physician, is a drug seeker. I think that these people are just trying to live normal lives and also have families they have to take care of. If this physician has helped you recover and lived up to your standards, well good for you! You claim to have had a concussion, yet are able to work and seeing as how most concussion cases are non fatal I think that you should be thankful that you have nothing serious like cancer pain. Usually, you only end up in pain management once all other options have been tried and tested, otc meds, physical therapy. And about Northeast rehab associates.. its just another pain clinic with fraudulent doctors looking to make money off of injections just because they can make a fortune doing so. In fact, some of the physicians have a financial stake in the rehab facility itself if you take a look at their website. Pain management doctors usually make 1.5-3x of what anesthesiologists make and can rake in more than 1 million a year by doing epidural steroid injections and blocks, lining patients up like an assembly line, failing to give patients information about the technical aspect of the blocks, informed consent as to possible complications, discussion of alternatives, and failing to tell the patient about the expected outcome of such blocks. This is coming from someone who is educated and went to school for a medical degree.

March 30th, 2015

He listened to my concerns and helped my manage both my pain and concussion symptoms. I was disappointed as some of the other reviewers were because my goal was and is to keep working and earning a living; not to pill seek.

January 31st, 2015

actually the bad reviews are spot on

The most recent positive review looks like it was written by one of the nerehab staff. You say he doesn't push drugs but you are clearly wrong because I have the data that proves otherwise. You see, I don't make claims I can't prove and all anyone has to do is use the prescriber checkup tool at projects.propublica.org. I have nothing against prescribing narcotics when needed. I have even spoken with a few of Dr. Horchos' patients in person and they all say the same things about him.. spends little to no time with patients.. sides with other doctors that have caused negligence to patients he inherited from them and then verbally trashes the ones who are isolated and confined to their homes because of their pain.. he undermedicates you with a lot of different meds that don't work (now let's see, makes sense when compared to the tool at the site above spamming low dose high quantity prescriptions to get a decent profit off of medicare and insurance claims). If you've done your research like I have then you can see within the past couple of years that nerehab associates in scranton have had a huge drug bust with one of their physicians assistants being arrested and in the following years other doctors from the same clinic have had malpractice lawsuits against them. Nice huh? Before anyone questions my credibility they should take the time to consider that the last thing any patient in severe or chronic pain wants to do is come on here and bash doctors but I believe that there are things that just need to be said so others don't have to go through what we have. Its awful to see when a doctor gets paid very good money to care about their patients but still doesn't. I think these morons forget that they don't work for pain management clinics and instead they work for us the patients and we have every right to fire them.

September 1st, 2014

a doctor who cares

Dr Horchos sincerely cares about his patients and takes time to listen to your problem. He is very knowledgable and will recommend a variety of treatments to improve the condition. I have been his patient for about 11 years and he has helped to improve my medical condition by pinpointing the problem through various treatment options and medications. He has helped me to get workers compensation when I was disabled and has compassionately dealt with my injury from day one. He does not prescribe narcotics unless absolutely necessary so if people are only looking for strong medication they should look elsewhere. He is a doctor who wants to help the patient get well, not one who prescribes one drug after another.

August 6th, 2014

not a knowledgable doctor

I've been seeing dr. horchos for years. I can't comment on other doctors in the group at nerehab because I haven't seen any of them on a continuous basis but the office staff and nurses are rude. They don't seem to want to be there and it shows.The other two reviews citing horchos lack of knowledge are correct. If you have a serious medical condition that is complexed then he will keep you on as his patient without actually doing any serious research of his own into your condition to see how to best treat you, make no real effort to rehabilitate you, and then blames you when his treatment plan fails when you did everything he said for you to do. Some of us chronic pain patients aren't rich and don't make six figure salaries like this axxhole where we can financially afford to get corrective surgeries by better doctors out of state. If you can't come prepared to see your patients, have no clue how to treat them or are not willing to put the appropiate amount of time into doing research and you judge them without any kind of merit then you do not belong in the healthcare industry because you are not a doctor.

March 19th, 2013

Dont waste your money!!

This guy is a complete idiot, if you are really hurt and not looking for drugs stay away from this jerk!!! He will make you make like there's nothing wrong with you and will hurt you if its a wok related injury, its like he works for the comp people. If you are someone who's looking for drugs I hope your pathetic paths get crossed !! Once this place sticks you this moron they will not let you go with another good doctor in the group.

April 23rd, 2012

Great Doctor

He was caring and attentive. I understood my diagnosis fully. I would recommend him to anyone I meet.

December 9th, 2016