Dr. Paul Hurd MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

December 31st, 2014
He's lost his touch.....
My husband saw Dr. Hurd in the past for a seizure disorder and we felt he did a fairly good job, good enough to go back when he began having additional issues. Sad to say that we were sent away with a "diagnosis" but no treatment, just a statement that he would have to deal with the symptoms as they worsened over time. When I looked treatments up online and spoke to colleagues (I am an RN) I found that this was completely untrue, there are treatments for what he diagnosed that could potentially help my husband out. I'm sad that Dr. Hurd is so willing to send a patient who is struggling with an issue with a diagnosis but nothing to make it better, not even a double check on the seizures to make sure they are in check (absence seizures). Apparently Dr. Hurd has decided that it isn't about the patient- it's only about the money, too bad he was a good neurologist in the past.

July 23rd, 2014
Totally unprofessional
Office staff rude-first impression not great. Once I met the doctor, the obnoxious staff started to actually look good. Dr. Hurd is so arrogant. He never looks you in the eyes, has zero charm or bedside manner, and acts like he is bored to death. They never return calls and assistant gave incompetent diagnosis over the phone. This man should not be in practice.

February 20th, 2014
Pompous
Dr. Hurd has an "I already know what your problem is" kind of attitude. You will be just another number to him. He spends a lot of time criticising how other doctors practice, when he really should be concerned with how he and his staff are treating their own patients. Lets just say, he really likes himself. NOT A FAN of this guy.

January 13th, 2014
excellent
I've been a patient of Dr. Hurd's for over 25 years. In my estimation, he is an excellent neurologist, with an abundance of common sense.

October 25th, 2012
Good doctor
Good doctor. Be careful not to need anything from Staff on Friday since they close at noon. This includes medication.

August 22nd, 2012
Run away as fast as you can!
This man should NOT be a physician! I went to him to discuss movement problems with a possible diagnosis of Parkinson's, but with so many non-Parkinson's symptoms was seeking a professional opinion as to what other problem this might be. He belittled me for asking if the diagnosis could be wrong, prescribed a medication I told him I had already tried and could not tolerate. He got extremely annoyed when I called after a week of being sick from the severe side effects of the meds he prescribed that I told him did not work for me before and basically said to find another Dr...BEST ADVICE he could have given me. He is the most arrogant,obnoxious Dr. I have ever been to, with an office staff to match! Go anywhere but here!

February 17th, 2012
Disinterested, incompetent and rude staff
Dr. Hurd is Ok, not great and not bad. The staff is quite another experience all together. They just don't care. Dr. Hurd ordered MRI after aver a week and several follow ups by me (to their answering service) I called the MRI provider and had them contact the office. Then, because my insurance company was a little slow in paying them they are refusing to see me unless I pay them in full at time of service even though my insurance provides for copay only. I even called insurance company and found out their check was in process but Dr. Hurd's business office didn't care and basically called me a liar and even refused to call insurance company to confirm the payment. Who, in their right mind would want to trust their care to such awfull people?

January 26th, 2012
I was seeing somebody else for severe migraines who was actually helping me, at the request of my friend, I went yo Dr. Hurd for a second opinion, because he had helped one of her other friends msny years ago. Although I was perfectly happy with the other Neurologist my friend convinced me to see Dr. Hurd. I usually take no stock in these internet opinions, because you never know who is writing them or why, so I ignored the fact that there was not one nice thing about this guy anywhere.Sufficed to say it's all pretty accurate. Dr. Hurd convinced Mr thst my previous Neurologist was so off base, spent half my first appointment bad mouthing him, even my primary care physician. He changed all my meds, basically unable to continue my Botox, I have taken such a step backward

May 10th, 2011
Frustrating Experience
Found it impossible to speak to human and took four messages before anyone called back. Doctor visit was okay - requested staff make apt. for additional test - this was on Thurs. Today is Tues. and have not heard from anyone about anything. Also tried to call and once again got only answering machine. I did not leave a message - I will find another doctor.

June 25th, 2010
OH MY!!!! treated like
The visit started out great, until I met Dr. Hurd. He was highly recommended for my migraines by a coworker, my old Neurologist moved his office too far away, After Dr. Hurd belittled my old neurologist, he belittled me, then went on to prescribe the same regimen as the old guy. I'm sorry but, I think I should feel better coming out, not worse. he really is unpleasant, rude an conceited to a point of embarrassment.