Surgeons
285 Boulevard NE
Ste 415
Atlanta, GA 30312
404-265-4400
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  Terrible Experience  |  show details
by Warren S. on Jun 4th, 2013

In 2008, I broke my neck in a bicycle fall. I was paralyzed on the right side. I was taken to Atlanta Medical Center where Dr. King was on call. I was heavily medicated and with no ability to research Dr. King. He had great credentials, so, I agreed to allow him to operate to correct a badly shattered C-5 & C-6. The surgery was complicated, I grant as he had to install a metal cage and perform a fusion of several vertebrae. During the surgery he damaged the brachial plexus nerve to my left shoulder & arm and I lost the use of every muscle except one. . He admitted this after surgery explaining that bad things sometimes happen. but later altered the record so it would look like nerves on left side were also hurt in the bike accident. I was admitted to Shepherd as a quadaplegic where my treatment was taken over by another physician. After being discharged from Shepherd I returned to Dr. King for follow-up. I had to wait for 4 hours and left without being seen. I never went back. I believe he committed malpractice and I would never recommend him to anyone.

|  Dr. King a Great Doctor!!!  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

Dr. King is a great Doctor!! Thank you for all that you have done for me!! I am doing so good after a year, Thx to YOU!!!! God Bless, Renae V. Watson

May 10th, 2011

In 2006 he operated on my mother and accidentally nicked her aorta which in turn caused severe bleeding he could not locate. We had cell saver in place because we opted to have no blood transfusions. She bled to death because of the simple mistake he admitted to. How do you accidentally nick an aorta? he couldn't find the bleed so they ran down the hall to find someone that could and the dr. who found the bleed said it was too late. I have yet to recieve some type of apology!

Oct 8th, 2010

Dr. King is the reason I am alive! He had just moved to Atlanta when I had my accident; i was in bad shape. Before I went into surgery my family gatheed to pray when the prayer was over Dr. King was standing with them praying. At that moment my mother knew I was going to be ok. I suffered from spinal cord injury at my c-1 and c5/6 plus brain trauma. Once I finally came to several day later none of us fully understood what recovery meant for me and/or would i breath walk etc on my own ever again. Dr. King got me into the shepherd center and made sure he was still my doctor that treated me. Dr. King is VERY cautious which is why I am able to do everything that other doctors thought I wouldnt be able to do. His wife is also very involved in his practice and anytime I ever have a question Monica calls me directly. I love them both and am so thankful that in an unfortunate situation they were the ones God put there to care for me! Dr. King spends time with you while you are in the hospital and spends time with you at follow up. You are seen within 15mins of your appointment time and he not only gives you a physical exam but will also discuss things you are feeling or have issues with that is causing pain etc. If you are seeking medication Dr. King is not the doctor for you- he wants you better not addicted. He is the best by far!!!!

by sonia romero on Sep 30th, 2009

He visited the patient 36 hours after the accident. My son had a skull fracture, brain bleeding, and he recommended an unnecessary surgery. Adding to that, he didn't know that he had a fractured vertebrae in the neck.