Dr. Paul Kimmell MD Patient Reviews

July 1st, 2016
Easy-going and affable, Dr. Kimmell is thorough and professional, but makes it seem like you're just having a conversation with a friend.

February 4th, 2016
Not a Good Advocate for his clients
Although Paul Kimmell is a nice guy in a conversation, after 6+ months of "counseling" when I was looking for a psychiatrist, he left a sour taste. He doesnt even have record keeping and needs the patient the tell him his prescriptions! Very argumentative with no basis, and abandons you when real therapy is required... basically through ineptitude and lack of concern. No office staff, never a diagnosis, and poor bedside manner. Spend your money with someone who is concerned with more than the office visit charge.

November 21st, 2013
Good visit
I was very nervous going to a psychiatrist for the first time Dr. Kimmell is very polite, professional and honestly I was very comfortable talking with him at our appointment. I canceled and must have rescheduled an appointment a good few times and he was very flexible. He took his time talking with me and I felt he understood my concerns and what I am going through.

July 8th, 2013
Client
Dr. Paul is a wonderful and very caring doctor. He really takes the time to listen to and understand clients before considering medications or other therapies. He also does talk therapy and behavioral therapy even though he is an MD --- which is extremely hard to find and exactly what many people want/need. I would highly recommend him to anyone that truly wants help for their mental health needs.

July 18th, 2012
Caring and patient. Very helpful

April 25th, 2012
I think he is great! Depends on what you need
I see Dr Kimmell for therapy as well as med-checks. It costs the same and is so much more helpful than just getting med-checks quarterly. He is compassionate, patient, and very in tune with my emotions and what I need at any given time. I never had a problem with him returning my phone calls. I like that he gives advice and helps me draw my own conclusions. He is not pushy or judgmental.

December 27th, 2011
Unprofessional in his conduct.

November 1st, 2011
STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS
Didn't return repeated phone call left on both his office phone and emergency line, even though they were of an urgent nature.This was so negligent I am reporting him to the Georgia Medical Board. Also, haughty and arrogant. The worst experience I have ever had with a physician.

February 15th, 2011
Kind and Compassionate
Very supportive of myself and my husband during a crisis.

November 2nd, 2010
Dr. Kimmell is great!

September 24th, 2010
Fantastic
I've been going to Dr. Kimmell for quite sometime and he is outstanding, caring, compassionate. Dr. Kimmell listens and offers encouragement and advise when appropriate. I would high recommend.

December 9th, 2009
Keep Looking
If you're looking for a good,caring professional doctor and have come across Dr. Paul Kimmell: Keep Looking. Kimmell rarely returns phone calls, even if you say they are urgent. He is especially lazy about calls concerning medication. He lacks any basic understanding of the serious nature of depression and gives the most superficial and insulting advice. The worst part about my few meetings with him was how incredibly cold and distracted he was. He will use up your time telling irrelevant personal stories about himself and interrupt you to talk more about himself.I agree with the reviewer who advised people to "stay away at all costs!" Keep looking.