Dr. Paul Kwo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 25th, 2015
One of the Top Liver Disease Specialist in the Country
Unparalleled expertise and one of the most automated, efficient and friendly offices I have seen make dealing with my chronic liver disease much more pleasant and manageable. Dr. Kwo is on the cutting edge of liver disease and digestive ailment science.

October 1st, 2013
Patient 7 years
It has been a blessing to have Dr Kwo as my doctor. I have been seen by him for seven years he has kept me stable to where I have enjoyed seeing both my children married and had the pleasure of being a grandparent. He is always ahead of the game always up to date on all treatment. Some visits are quicker than others but how ever long the visit you still get that same knowledge.

September 21st, 2013
Somewhat sadistic
Of all the many doctor's appointments I've had in my life, this was the worst. It took place 8 years ago and I remember it vividly. I had come because of pain in the area of my liver. He questioned the validity of everything I told him, refused to believe that I had had hepatits B without seeing proof, and kept repeatedly jabbing at my belly in the area of the pain with GREAT FORCE, saying, "Does this hurt? Does this hurt?" Does this hurt?" He had an intern with him that was egging him on and approving of his behavior One star would be too high to rate for his bedside manner. I would not send my dog to a doctor such as this.

August 16th, 2013
Life saver
This Doctor saved my life. I wait an hour past appointment time, and drive 5 hours to get there, but I wouldn't go anywhere else, and I think if he critiqued another Doctor as I read in another review, then that doctor probably deserved it. Rushed: on occasion. Abrupt: on occasion. What price to pay for your life? He knows what he is doing and is groundbreaking in his field. He will not give up on your life. What more could a person want? Four stars is not high enough!

November 6th, 2012
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE
THIS DOCTOR WAS RUDE AND DENIGRATING.HE TOOK DELIGHT IN MAKING ME FEEL BAD AND HUMILIATING ME.POOR PROFESIONALISM. ALSO MADE FUN OF MY PHYSICIAN WHICH IS HEAD OF ANOTHER TRANSPLANT DEPARTMENT. DO NOT GO HERE!!!

July 2nd, 2012
I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Dr. Kwo. He's on top of all the new tx and trials for hep c. Love the caseworkers (at least the ones I have had), over all the office staff is friendly and helpful. If you want the best care and up to date treatment I suggest IU :)

June 17th, 2012
HE has saved my life twice so far he is right on in my treatment i trust him with my life. in which he has saved twice already his staff could be a little better.

March 1st, 2012
The Best of the best?
Starts off as a very good doctor with sharing labs and explaining diagnosis and treatment but as time goes on communication with him is futile!He acts condescending towards patient and family!A very smart man but very little time spent with patient. Nearly seeing 200 patients day leaves him no time for a sincere professional doctor/patient relationship!The staff is rude and robotic and when you dig for answers.Also, when you seek other medical opinions you're met with a swift rebuke from the good doctor.

June 30th, 2011
Medical Record Documentation:Inaccurate reason for me seeing him (after I had seen him X2)Stated that the quality of my life had improved since I started to see him (not true).. There was no treatment other than diagnostic tests & lab)What he told me in office seemed to differ from what was written in medical records & scan report.I think he got me confused with other patients.On-lione states he sees 200 patients/dayThis is unsafe & does not leave time for accurate diagnosis & effective evaluation & treatment. Nor does it leave any time for patient questions or patient teaching.He may be extremely bright (I personally don't know) however it is not reflected in his office work with patients.

August 2nd, 2010
One of the best doctors there is for treating HCV

April 28th, 2010
BEST IN THE USA
He is known world wide & still has time for patients. Amazing man! His office staff is.....If you're looking for friendly, his office staff would benefit from a higher quality of training & why they work in health care. He is the best so I tolerate his staff.

October 22nd, 2009
Long Term Patient
Dr Kwo has saved my life once already. He continues to work hard to cure my Hep C, but I am a very difficult case. I trust him with my life. He calls me personally if I have concerns or questions on important matters.