Overall Review

January 25th, 2016
Wonderful Pediatrician. Wouldn't send my kids anywhere else!!

July 26th, 2015
It has been a long time since my daughter has seen Dr. Rowland as she is 20 now, but in her first year as an infant she experienced some health problems and was admitted to the hospital. Dr. Rowland was her pediatrician at the time and I don't know what we would have done without him. He was my lifeline during that scary time and was always there to calm my fears and give me support. As far as I am concerned he is the best pediatrician out there and it was a very sad day when she couldn't be seen by him anymore because of her age. I could never say enough good things about Dr. Rowland and his practice.

May 14th, 2015
Best pediatrician we've experienced in the 4 states in which we have lived. Kids love him.

May 22nd, 2012
Terrible Experience!
My 1.5 year old had a high fever of 105 deg C, and his temperature did not go down with Tylenol, I was very worried and took him to the express care, and that was when I had the terrible experience with Dr. Rowland. He checked on my son and told me it was a virus infection, and told me I could give him Motrin instead of Tylenol to make him more comfortable. I somewhat remembered a nurse told me not to give infant Motrin, so I asked Dr. Rowland that, and he told me:"No, it was o.k. for baby 6 months and older." When I continued to ask him why we should not give young baby Motrin, whether there was any side effect, he started to raise his voice on me, with his hands waving in the air and said,"We just don't give young babies certain medicine, like the cold medicine, we just don't." I was totally shocked at his reaction, and explained to him that I was a scientist myself, and I always want to know why. He then calmed down somewhat and told me that, "their little bodies just can not tolerate it." Of course, later I did my own research and found out what he said was only partially true. The other reason we don't give Motrin to baby younger than 6 months is because "it's harder to tell how ill a child is if his temperature and irritability are "masked" for an extended period."As a Mom who cares about her kids, I will continue to ask doctors about possible side effect of the medicine prescribed. That's why I will definitely avoid Dr. Rowland in the future. No parents deserve to experience what I have experienced with Dr. Rowland, and there are definitely better doctors out there.

April 5th, 2011
Great overall experience

May 22nd, 2010
Wonderful Pediatrician
Dr. Rowland has been my daughter's pediatrician since she was born and he is a wonderful physician. He always spends as much time answering my questions as needed and he has a wonderful, caring beside manner with my daughter. She adores him! We are frequently in the office and never have any problems scheduling an appointment, nor do we have to wait a long time.