Dr. Paul Sternenberg III MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 23rd, 2017
May be fine for routine injuries
Tore my scapho-lunate (hand) ligament, which was eventually correctly diagnosed by one of their PAs. He told me it was OK to attend to it after the Fire Season was over. Came back then & after an initial surgery, Sternenberg said it had been too long and was no longer repairable as is true with all s-l tears; that my options were to 1) have 4 bones in my hand removed, 2) fix my wrist in 1 position forever or 3) eventually have un-endurable pain to the point where I'd beg for 1) or 2). I chose "none of the above", went online, did research, did a self-referral to a U of W doc, who fixed it using a tendon. The fix was truly miraculous with full use of my wrist & hand. Happened to see Dr. S a couple months later & suggested he go through the training which U of W offers, to be able to do that repair. He said he HAD done that (long ago). I was so surprised, that he was down the hall before I had time to confront him about having given me only disabling options. I have no idea WHY he had never offered it. I'm a retired scientist, who's very well-informed medically. The only reason I can think of, for his behavior is that either he didn't want to bother with something out-of-the-ordinary, and didn't want to refer me to someone else, or the pay wouldn't have been as good as the other (disabling-for-me) options. I wonder how many other patients with this injury didn't question the treatment options and are now not able to use one hand well.

February 14th, 2013
Horrible first experience with this office!!!!!
I had an appt for my son, which took 2 months to get....My son has a broken wrist and that is the soonest they could take him. I was 20 minutes late for my appt. I had got lost and got behind a slow driver coming from Grants Pass. They said the Dr. was running late and was leaving early and would not be able to see my son. I said he has been in pain and it has taken 2 months to get this appt and if he is running behind I'm sure we would have been sitting here for 20 minutes if we had been on time. She said someone would call me. They didn't even rebook his appt at that time. She said we wouldnt have to wait 2 more months. I said when we come we better not have to wait at all!!! If there was another Dr. I would certainly go to him but this is the ONLY wrist Dr. and he is a half hour away. The only other close one is 2 and a half hours away. I have had to wait on Dr's. for an hour before.. There is nothing we can do as patients when we have to wait but if we are late AT ALL to our appt they have the right to refuse our appt. This is sooo unfair. Needless to say I am extremely unhappy with this whole situation and very sad for my son.

February 8th, 2017