Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Highly Recommended show details Highly Recommended
Oct 10th, 2012

Dr Lacava has been my primary care physician for 10 years. I never feel rushed in his office. I always feel like he'll take as much time as we need to discuss any health issues, he doesn't make quick or rash decisions, and is very thorough. He has a lot contacts and has made some great recommendations about specialists that I've needed to see. I highly recommend him.

Capable but I have a major issue show details Capable but I have a major issue
Jan 23rd, 2012

I have visited Dr Lacava many times over a long enough period. I think he is capable in the sense that he knows the right thing. However, I don't think he necessarily does the right thing. I always got the sense that he was trying to always find a reason to perform more tests on me - to the extent of putting words in my mouth. A couple of times I came back and checked on internet, and realized I had neither the symptoms nor the risk factors. If the government or the insurance companies can make data available (may be they already do, I just am not aware) then I bet you would find that for a given test that he prescribes the "hit rate" is pretty low. In other words if he prescribes a test to 100 people, if the national average is 50 (people actually show a positive), Dr lacava would have a 30. That is of course assuming that on an average doctors in America do the right thing.

Excellent show details Excellent
Nov 12th, 2009

He is a nice guy. He cares about his patients and follows up on what we discussed and the program I'm on.

Very caring show details Very caring
Nov 11th, 2008

Dr. Lacava is a careful, caring physician. As a senior citizen, I amaccustomed to being given short shriftby some physicians, but this does not apply to him. He is as meticulous with meand my late husband as one could wish.

Jul 10th, 2008

very capable, very caring. kind.