General Practitioner, Internists
Princeton Medical Group
419 N Harrison St
Princeton, NJ 08540
609-924-9300
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Highly Recommended  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2012

Dr Lacava has been my primary care physician for 10 years. I never feel rushed in his office. I always feel like he'll take as much time as we need to discuss any health issues, he doesn't make quick or rash decisions, and is very thorough. He has a lot contacts and has made some great recommendations about specialists that I've needed to see. I highly recommend him.

|  Capable but I have a major issue  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2012

I have visited Dr Lacava many times over a long enough period. I think he is capable in the sense that he knows the right thing. However, I don't think he necessarily does the right thing. I always got the sense that he was trying to always find a reason to perform more tests on me - to the extent of putting words in my mouth. A couple of times I came back and checked on internet, and realized I had neither the symptoms nor the risk factors. If the government or the insurance companies can make data available (may be they already do, I just am not aware) then I bet you would find that for a given test that he prescribes the "hit rate" is pretty low. In other words if he prescribes a test to 100 people, if the national average is 50 (people actually show a positive), Dr lacava would have a 30. That is of course assuming that on an average doctors in America do the right thing.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2009

He is a nice guy. He cares about his patients and follows up on what we discussed and the program I'm on.

|  Very caring  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2008

Dr. Lacava is a careful, caring physician. As a senior citizen, I amaccustomed to being given short shriftby some physicians, but this does not apply to him. He is as meticulous with meand my late husband as one could wish.

|  show details
Jul 10th, 2008

very capable, very caring. kind.