Dr. Paul Lacava Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Lacava?

May 23rd, 2017

My husband and I have been under Dr. Lacava's care for many years... he is a wonderful doctor!

July 21st, 2016

Very caring

Never rushes you.carefully listens and makes sure he understands what you are saying. MOST of all he gets on the phone and talks to you, most doctors think they are above that. Never too busy to discuss your test results if you call with a question. He always returns calls

July 30th, 2013

V

October 10th, 2012

Highly Recommended

Dr Lacava has been my primary care physician for 10 years. I never feel rushed in his office. I always feel like he'll take as much time as we need to discuss any health issues, he doesn't make quick or rash decisions, and is very thorough. He has a lot contacts and has made some great recommendations about specialists that I've needed to see. I highly recommend him.

January 23rd, 2012

Capable but I have a major issue

I have visited Dr Lacava many times over a long enough period. I think he is capable in the sense that he knows the right thing. However, I don't think he necessarily does the right thing. I always got the sense that he was trying to always find a reason to perform more tests on me - to the extent of putting words in my mouth. A couple of times I came back and checked on internet, and realized I had neither the symptoms nor the risk factors. If the government or the insurance companies can make data available (may be they already do, I just am not aware) then I bet you would find that for a given test that he prescribes the "hit rate" is pretty low. In other words if he prescribes a test to 100 people, if the national average is 50 (people actually show a positive), Dr lacava would have a 30. That is of course assuming that on an average doctors in America do the right thing.

November 13th, 2009

Excellent

He is a nice guy. He cares about his patients and follows up on what we discussed and the program I'm on.

November 11th, 2008

Very caring

Dr. Lacava is a careful, caring physician. As a senior citizen, I amaccustomed to being given short shriftby some physicians, but this does not apply to him. He is as meticulous with meand my late husband as one could wish.

July 10th, 2008

very capable, very caring. kind.

July 11th, 2017