A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Paul Lafia:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Paul Lafia, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Lafia graduated from University of Miami .
Dr. Lafia has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Hurley Medical Center
- Genesys Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lafia accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 22 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 14 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans