Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive), Hepatologist
1307 Federal St
Ste 301
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
412-359-8900
Locations and availability (10)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Long term patient  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2011

Dr. Lebovitz is a wonderful doctor who takes his time with patients and goes above and beyond to make you are taken care of. He is by far the best doctor I have ever seen.

|  A great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2011

My overall experience for Dr. Lebovitz is this man is a complete professional. Dr. Lebovitz is compassionate, well educated on the latest treatments, extremely positive, and will not rest until you are healthy. I have been a patient of over ten years and I am still impressed and shocked at his due diligence, his efforts, and his willingness to make me, and keep me, in great health. I truly believe this one man had a great impact on my life by administrating the appropriate plan to manage my health and wellbeing. I am so appreciative of Dr. Lebovitz and I believe that he had a part in the great and healthy life that I have today with my wife and two kids.

|  No help from beginning to end  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2011

Office staff rude. Very disorginized. Manager giggles- has no medical education-no experience. No follow upfrom Md or staff Don't waste your time or money espically if you have a serious problem. Not sure how this practice stays in business.

|  BAD follow-up, Tell your problems to a nurse's voice mail  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2010

Took a very sick child to him and they sounded real good on paper and during the FIRST visit, but honestly this guy doesn't care to see you after the inital visit. You know when we saw him again? After 2 more ER visits and surgery for "follow-up." My child had 2 more crisis episodes after the inital visit and after calling and talking repeatedly to an ANSWERING MACHINE ONLY, the follow-up by him and his office personnel was awful! His nurse seems to think that you memorize any handouts on medications that that give you on the inital visit. He seems very knowledgeable about gastro problems, but you can't get in to see him after that first visit unless you wait a month. Oh,and you had better hope you don't have a problem when he's getting ready to go on vacation because he won't make time to see you. Also, don't expect him to look at any other problems than his specialty because even if the problems are related to your disease, he(no I mean his nurse since you can never talk to him) will tell you to go to yet another specialist or your PC doctor. I was extremely disappointed that he was unable to work in a 2 minute visit to my child when she was in the hospital right next door to his office. No visits, no calls, no anything to indicate that they even had a mild interest that she required surgery. He is ALWAYS out of reach and God help if you have a problem after 3 PM because good luck getting anyone to respond since you can never actually talk to anyone other than their voice mail. In fact, if Nurse Pat is unavailable they refer you to yet another nurse's VOICE MAIL.I would think they could afford to hire someone to answer the phones because who wants to call a doctor when you have a major health problem and leave messages when they are actually IN the office. I had better follow-up from a female gastro doc in the ER at AGH. She called and asked what questions we had about ANYTHING. Seems like he could take a lesson in patient care from her. Somewhere along the way, he forgot that his job just isn't a business. I can't imagine why anyone would give these people a good rating!

|  a hero  |  show details
by Melanie Smith on Mar 15th, 2010

I found out in 1990 that I had crohns disease.When I started to get sick I went to the local doctors and instead of listening to me they only heard bits n pcs and after guessing my illness 3 times with 3 different meds,I only got worse and added a yeast infection to the severe pain and nausea due to antibiotics that never helped at all!!When I got so bad that I just laid on the bed and cried, my husband took me to the hospital and said we werent leaving till they figured out what was really wrong with me.A CT scan and couple hours later,wow,a blockage in the small intestines!!I was admitted to the hospital and had to spend a long 21 days there, the first 13days were on massive IVs due to the fact they couldnt even operate on me yet because I wasnt strong enough to survive surgery!After my surgery was done the doctor told my Mother that I came very close to dying.I only had 13 inches of small intestine removed that time.When I finally got out of the hospital 21 days later,follow up care was just as bad.My husband got on the internet to find a doctor who I could go to that could help me for a change.I started out at Cleveland Clinic and the doctor I had there was very good but due to an insurance change I was forced to go to Pittsburgh only to find the BEST doctor in the world and the answer to my prayers!!!I started with Dr Lebovitz and I learned more about my disease in one trip to see him than in 10 years at home.I have a long drive to get to Pittsburgh but its so worth the trip to get real help!! I found that Dr. Lebovitz is just awesome in every way,hes very good at doing every test till hes happy with all the results, hes super at making me and my family feel comfortable and takes time to talk to all of us and explain what hes doing and what the results are and what they mean also,basically I couldnt ask for a better doctor!!!!!

|  DR PAUL LEBOVITZ @ STAFF  |  show details
by PEGGY ADAMS on Mar 27th, 2009

THIS CENTER AND ITS STAFF WAS VERY ACCOMADATING, AND PROFESSIONAL. THEY EXPLAIN PROCEDURES WELL AND TAKE TIME TO TALK TO YOU. ALSO EVERYONE SEEMED HAPPY, AND ENJOYED WORKING THERE. DR LEBOVITZ ANSWERED AND EDUCATED ME WELL ON MY CONDITION. MY APPOINTMENT WAS AT 2:00, AND I HAD AN ENDOSCOPY DONE AND WAS ON MY WAY HOME IN MY CAR AT 3:00. IT WAS A HAPPY EXPERIENCE FOR ME.