Dr. Paul Lerner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

August 5th, 2015
You wait, because he's one of the best.
I have been seeing him for years. I have Many different conditions. You will have to wait 30 minutes to an hour. But I tell you, on Long Island--all my doctors make me wait at least 20-30 minutes. You will be glad to know he's spending time with his patients. From what I see after all these years, he takes the next patient immediately after the last. There are 9 other doctors in his office. I was angry too when I would see patients go in before--that arrived after me. they are for other doctors. In fact that would be my only complaint. The patients for the other doctors bring their whole family along. Luckily the newly renovated office has a lot of seats. He is very knowledgeable. Knows exactly what tests you need and interprets them well. Maybe that comes off as crass to some. I would definitely recommend.

September 3rd, 2014
Dr Paul L
I like to visit Dr Paul ,He is very caring and knowledgeable doctor. He give verbal diagnosis after examination. In my opinion he has give accurate diagnosis.

July 11th, 2013
Dissapointing
After a car accident, I was referred by my Physiotherapist to Dr. Lerner to rule out concussion. I saw the doctor three times last month and on each occasion I waited a considerable amount of time to see the doctor, with the second time waiting over an hour and 15 min to do a brain-wave test with the doctor's technician. On my first appointment after waiting more than 45 min, the doctor dismissively ignored all my complaints by interrupting me and saying that most likely I don't have any problems. He said that he will order a brain MRI and an Electroencephalogram (brain-wave test) just to be sure. When I visited his office for a second time, I had to wait over an hour and 15 min to have the brain-wave test. There were three other patients waiting before me as well, who's appointments were before mine. They also complained for having to wait over an hour to see the doctor. The secretary on the front desk was on a break for about 10 min and when she came back she was less than willing to assist me and the other patients before me. After I had the brain-wave test, the next week I went to pick up the results. On my last appointment with Dr. Lerner, I waited considerably less time, as to be precise- over 30 min, but less than 45. As I entered the doctor's cabinet, I was seated and the doctor said "I told you you're all fine!" Then he gave me a sheet of MRI report written in a medical language and when I pointed at the Impression paragraph and asked him to explain to me the findings, he said: "It means what is written!" And then he read the sentence word for word and didn't explain any further. After that I asked what are the results of the brain-wave test and he said "You did an Electroencephalogram as well?" He clearly didn't even read the results before my visit. Then he looked at his computer, found the test and said again that it is all normal. I requested to obtain a copy of both results for my referring doctor and at this point Dr. Lerner said that he couldn't print them and I should try with the secretary on the front desk, however, her computer, he said, might be down and she might not be able to print them either. Luckily, she was able to print the results, but, I also needed a film of the MRI on a CD, for which I called earlier over the week to request, precisely so that it is ready for pick up when I visit the doctor. The secretary said that she hasn't obtained the CD for me and I had to call the MRI Facility and to go pick up the CD by myself. Overall, I am pleased to know that my brain is fine and all my headaches and tension come from my neck injury and not from the head. However Dr. Lerner consistently dismissed my concerns and did not explain the findings to me in an understandable way. He wasn't willing to help and when I presented him with the report of my Cervical MRI (neck MRI) he dismissed these results as well, all though two other specialists think that I have a serious condition requiring long-term treatment.

September 5th, 2012
I was referred to Dr.Lerner. I was given an appointment for 2.30 pm on 9/5. I was very dissappointed by the way i was treated by his front desk staff. In about 30 minutes there was about 4 patient that came after me who went into see Dr lerner while I was still sitting waiting for my turn while I was told I was next to see dr. lerner. Patients are favored if they know you but if you are not known then you have to sit waiting after the favored few was attended to. Better yet it is covered up by letting the patient knows that there are 3 doctors working and the other patients was there to see the other doctors. This was evidently not true becasue of the coversation I overheard sitting in the wating room they provided for their patient. I never see the Dr. Lerner . I left that office because of this unfair treatment.

June 11th, 2012
He is one of the most caring doctors I have ever been to. He is very knowledgeable and has your best interest in mind. He spends a lot of time with you and genuinely cares about you, which is a hard quality to find in a doctor nowadays.

October 25th, 2011
MARILYN YOUR RECEPTIONIST
The receptionist, Marilyn, is rude and incompetent when it comes to the tasks of her position. When asked to fax something, a standard request of any receptionist at a doctor's office, she refused because it wasn't going through. When it comes to going above and beyond for your job she not only fails she should be fired.