Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist

• Currently 2.1904761904762 of 4 stars
  • Currently 1.9047619047619 of 4 stars
 |  No money no help!!!  |  show details
by Running for the door. on Jul 4th, 2014

I was a patent for years and when he started doing some new treatment not covered by insurance he dropped me saying it was part of my treatment plan. The cost was $1,800 not covered by any insurance plans. This place is ALL about the money. If you don't have cash don't get started with these people.

Apr 26th, 2014

Great doctor! He is patient and honest! I can tell that he really cares!

|  Retired CEO ENECLANN INTERNATIONAL  |  show details
by Daniek Maloney on Feb 10th, 2014

I have been all over the World and The USA and this man's boorish,money hungry behavior is only bettered by his incompetence.

Jan 24th, 2014

Wonderful doc!!! He listens and explains everything better than any other doctor I've seen!!

May 14th, 2013

This was very much, the only doctor thats wants the money for the i.m.e. reports to insurance company. Must i say more. How could anyone put money above the care of people. HE IS WORKING FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANY, THE MORE THEY PAY,THE BETTER REPORT HE GIVES THEM.

|  Find a reputable Dr.  |  show details
by Robert P. Alberts on Apr 23rd, 2013

After numerous injections still no relief. Put me on a pain medication that did give a little relief but I just ran out. I called for a refill and was told I had to be seen in office every three months. No problem I'd like to make an appointemnt. Well I was unable to make an appointment because I supposedly owed $110.00 that I never knew about. Well my question is what about all the injections either my insurance company or I paid for? Do I get a refund for all the wasted time and money because they did not work, This guys hypocratic oath is attached to dollar signs. Do yourself a favor find someone that cares about your health.

|  VERY ARROGANT DOCTOR!!!!!!  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2013

I wouldn't send my dog to Dr. Lieber he was the most arogant SOB that I have ever met in my whole life. He threw my documents on the table and kept raising his hands like he didn't even care anything about me. What's that doctor's problem??? I always thought doctors were suppose to be helpful this doctor didn't give a rats a$$ about me. He just thought I was there for pills...sorry old man he is!!! If he was the last doctor on this earth I wouldn't go see him! I would die before I would go see him. So in other words DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!!!!!!

|  money hungrey  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2012

WOULD NOT GO SEE, IF I WAS DYEING

|  FIND SOMEONE ELSE!  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2012

I was put-off by Dr. Lieber the very first time I met him. He came in the room, sat on a stool & pushed it up against the wall on the other side of the room, almost "kicking back". When we discussed my condition and he told me the treatment process, he did tell me that insurance does not cover so I would have to pay out-of-pocket. Whereas my treatments involved several injections &would probably take several treatments, I was concerned about side-effects. When I asked about this he said there weren't any unless "I miss". I asked him what happens if he misses and he very arrogantly said "I don't". After a few treatments I showed up 15 mins. early for my next appt. and was kept waiting 1hr 45 mins after my scheduled appt time. The Dr. then spent all of 5 mins with me and said he didn't know if there was any more he could do for me. I asked if there was any possibility more treatments might help & he said maybe, if you want to try. I agreed to try and he then said I would have to come back for another appt. It takes me well over 1 hr to get to this guys office, I was kept waiting almost 2 hrs & now he wants me to come back another time? WOW, really? I won't even get into the new RIDICULOUS policy his office staff told me about in reference to payments at that point. I was so angry by then that I walked out & refuse to ever go back. If you want a Dr. with compassion & someone that values your time & respects you as a person, FIND SOMEONE ELSE!

May 25th, 2012

I went there twice the first time I was unsure about his reccomendations so I went back I waited an hour. I brought all MRI's and reports stating my condition and my primary doctor told me it was bad and needed surgery. He came in cocky asked what I wanted to do I said I want to have surgery and be out of pain until then. He said I dont do surgery. I asked if he could inject my knees with cortisone because I was in unbearable pain. He said no I asked why. He said " because it's friday at 5:00 , your SOL". My appointment was at 4 I was there 15 minutes early didnt see him until 5 then he wouldn't treat me or give me anything to help with the pain. I was outraged who talks to a patient like that ? Obviously he's in it for the money and has no compassion for his patients pain. sorry I interrupted your weekend. I wouldn't take my dog to him. I was in tears and agonizing pain!

Mar 28th, 2012

Dr Lieber is great, but do not expect him to be a talker or a hand-holder! He is very skillful and knowledgeable--and I have found him to be friendly enough in his own way. I appreciate that he gets to the point and treated me as a capable adult that could understand what he told me the first time. If I asked a question, he did always answer it, sometimes rather quickly. This can be off-putting at first, but I have learned to really like him and trust him, and he is very good with those injections! I have been down this road many times in the past, and I this has been my best experience with a doctor in this field. There is a no-nonsense air about him, very confident; at the same time I did not pick up any super arrogance. It was more that he is just very, very focused on his job. But I have seen him zoom in for the human touch as well, and with some humor.

|  i.m.e.  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2011

waited to long for doctor

|  no pain relief  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2011

Dr Lieber was very nice during my first visit, a thorough exam and diagnosis,he recommended a treatment and scheduled it. He failed to tell me that it was an experimental procedure that he had never done before, I only found out when his nurse let it slip. At my second appointment I asked for more information, he had none. He could not tell me anything about the efficacy of the treatment or possible outcomes. When I decided against the treatment he became very unpleasant and rude then said if I wouldn't allow him to do the treatment then there was obviously nothing wrong with me and I could return to work, then, in a very coercive manner, he asked if I was sure I didn't want the treatment. He also lied in his reports to the insurance company. Luckily I have since found a good, ethical doctor.

|  Awesome, understanding & patient  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2010

Dr. Leiber has been my pain Dr. for over 10 years now. I understand I have a life long issue here. He helps me to manage the pain so I can go on living as normal a life as possible. I have limitations, but with Dr. Leiber's help, I'm doing pretty well considering. He's always been patient and inderstanding. He tells it like it is. If you need surgery, he tells you right up front without beating around the bush. He's awesome and so is his staff!

|  Post Operation Pain Care  |  show details
by CM on Apr 22nd, 2010

Dr. Lieber and his staff including Dr. Melissa Kaufman are doing everything possible to make my chronic pain from cervical disc surgery bearable. They are always there when I need to talk between visits. Dr. Kaufman has been my followup Doctor and her compassion is unparalleled.Ordinarily I don't even have enough time to fill out the necessary paperwork in the waiting room before I am called back.They are very good at filling out all necessary paperwork for insurance reimbursement, which might not seem important but I have had doctors that are not good with this and it can cause more roblems than the reason for your treatment. If you truly are looking for a pain management specialist, I highly recommend RAPS!

|  Find someone else who would be helpful.  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2010

His bedside manner was horrible, you would think a rehab, pain management physician would be somewhat nice and helpful. He ordered a MRI to see if my pain was caused by a disc. When it wasn't he said goodbye with nothing to help my pain. He told me to go to a Urologist to see if he knew what it was. I already was to a urologist to see if it was Kidney stones, that was neg. If you need a physician find someone else.