Psychiatrist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Absolute Crook  |  show details
by Mom of son with MI on Dec 3rd, 2013

Possibly the worst psychiatrist we've encountered in our son's illness of six years' duration. Luisada was the doctor on staff at Mt. Vernon Hospital when our son was there for a week. He had zero courtesy or professional manner with my husband and me, who were there every day and introduced ourselves to him. He literally spent perhaps three minutes with our son (the one day we actually saw him at the hospital) and, despite our son's having signed a full disclosure form, refused to discuss anything with us. He prescribed any number of meds to our son, although our son said at the outset he refused medication. We therefore are paying for all the meds that were never taken. When our son left the hospital after six days "against medical advice" (because absolutely nothing was being done for him while there), there was zero follow-up, contact with, or interest on the part of Dr. Luisada, supposedly our son's doctor while at Mt. Vernon. My husband demanded that Luisada write a discharge summary, and somehow that was accomplished via the other hospital staff. The "discharge summary" is so loaded with errors and untruths, it's beyond comprehension. Even information available on the computerized Inova system, such as our son's previous hospitalizations, is botched. That this so-called doctor is allowed to treat the most vulnerable of patients in such a callous manner, then bill them outrageous sums of money for doing LESS THAN NOTHING, is truly criminal. I will always think of him as a crook. We've just received his bill, and I'm debating sending a scathing letter to -- where? Where does one go to report such behavior? I'm also concerned that this guy has the ability to block our current attempts at SSI for our son. It's such a racket. Thank you, Vitals, for at least providing a forum for people like my family. Stay away from Paul Luisada if at all possible! His cohort, Dr. Mimorani, has a better manner but is scatterbrained and unprofessional. Both are dreadful.

|  Stay away  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2013

Poor education combined with a cruel heart - this person treated me in a severely demoralizing way and It wasn't until years later when I spoke with a wonderful doctor that I could see I wasn't just a bad person. I was very sick . Please stay away from this man. Maybe we can out him out of business, so he can't hurt others who are so very vulnerable and in need of intelligent, caring treatment.

|  Horrible  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

Horrible bedside manner - gruff, uncaring, over medicates his patients, absolutely the worst doctor OF ANY KIND I have ever dealt with in my life. Notice ALL the ratings are POOR. no Concern for drug interactions, side effects, or drug interactions. clueless. I wouldn't trust him with my dog.

|  Very knowledgeable doctor  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Luisada for over 20 years, and he has helped me tremendously. He has always thoroughly explained medications and the nature of my illness to me, stressing that medication therapy is a trial and error process for each individual. He has been very careful to begin with the lightest therapy with the least possible side effects, while gradually easing me onto or off of a new medication) and has always been attentive interested in my feedback. I have found him to be a compassionate doctor and well-versed in available medications as well as the interactions with other medications. I would stress to anyone though that it is a patient's responsibility, no matter how much confidence you have in your doctor, to research your medications and conditions, and to tell your doctor if you don't feel 'right' for any reason.

|  Drug Pusher...  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2011

This doctor kept pushing heavy duty drugs on me, multiple drugs at the same time, with many serious side effects. Was unaware of dangerous drug interactions with other medications I was prescribed by my other doctors. I stopped all the drugs he had put me on over a 10 year period, and I felt better than I had in years!

|  Over medicated  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2010

Prescribed 2x the recommended dosage of Prozac for a family member plus other major medications. Patient experienced severe memory loss and blackouts resulting in 2 car accidents. Medical power of attorney holder requested information and was given no response.

|  show details
Sep 22nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

NOT RECOMMENDED, with emphasis. To ensure compliance with applicable laws, no further information will be provided here.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com