Grateful Former Patient show details Grateful Former Patient
by ATS on Dec 17th, 2015

While it has been a few year since I was a patient of Dr. Luisada's, I would go to him without hesitation if I or family member ever needed help again. I have referred families I work with to him and suggested a friend take her seriously mentally ill son to him. I realize it's a small sample, but the five people I know personally who have gone to him for themselves or their child have nothing but good things to say about their experience with Dr. Luisada. I appreciate that not everyone would find a doctor to their liking; however, the negative reviews describe someone so completely the opposite of the compassionate, patient professional I knew that I find it incredible.

Very Good Experience with Dr. Luisada show details Very Good Experience with Dr. Luisada
by Arthur Roach on Nov 10th, 2015

Because of their retirements and re-locations, I have seen a number of psychiatrists over the years. Dr. Luisada is certainly the best. Imagine a doctor's appointment that starts on time! He asks insightful questions and listens to your responses. Not once did I have a feeling that he was in a hurry. Because of my diabetes, I have a long list of meds. He was familiar with everything on the list and offered insights on how the diabetes meds might be affecting my mental health as well. I was indeed grateful that his first response was NOT to over-prescribe. Several years ago I was a zombie until I qualified for a 6-month study at NIMH, where the list was reduced to one med, with the prognosis that one would be added in a couple years, which happened. Dr. Luisada is in that school of proceeding with "informed caution." His practice is understandably full, but you would be well-served to be his patient.

by tls on Oct 19th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Luisada for 4 years. He has been a savior to me! At a very bad time in my life, I had to trust him with my health and life and he got me through it and gave my the tools for future circumstances.

Good therapist show details Good therapist
by Max M. on May 5th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Luisada as an outpatient for five years. He established a treatment plan for me that has worked well over time. I am proceeding with my life. I believe he is a principled and trustworthy person.

Have no doubts! show details Have no doubts!
Jan 9th, 2015

Dr. Luisada is kind, well-qualified and an excellent listener. He has found the perfect meds to make a real difference in my life. Several have tried; he hit the spot(s). I trust him and I value his opinion

Avoid if possible show details Avoid if possible
by Laura Silva on Dec 10th, 2014

I was admitted to Mount Vernon Hospital and he was my doctor there. The only good thing about him was that he showed up, apparently some doctors did not, but I still did not like this doctor at all. Even my husband said he felt like he was treating me like just a number not a human being. It is very true, he also over drugged me. The staff was marvelous but he should be kicked out.

Stay away show details Stay away
Aug 28th, 2013

Poor education combined with a cruel heart - this person treated me in a severely demoralizing way and It wasn't until years later when I spoke with a wonderful doctor that I could see I wasn't just a bad person. I was very sick . Please stay away from this man. Maybe we can out him out of business, so he can't hurt others who are so very vulnerable and in need of intelligent, caring treatment.

Horrible show details Horrible
Sep 18th, 2012

Horrible bedside manner - gruff, uncaring, over medicates his patients, absolutely the worst doctor OF ANY KIND I have ever dealt with in my life. Notice ALL the ratings are POOR. no Concern for drug interactions, side effects, or drug interactions. clueless. I wouldn't trust him with my dog.

Very knowledgeable doctor show details Very knowledgeable doctor
Aug 4th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Luisada for over 20 years, and he has helped me tremendously. He has always thoroughly explained medications and the nature of my illness to me, stressing that medication therapy is a trial and error process for each individual. He has been very careful to begin with the lightest therapy with the least possible side effects, while gradually easing me onto or off of a new medication) and has always been attentive interested in my feedback. I have found him to be a compassionate doctor and well-versed in available medications as well as the interactions with other medications. I would stress to anyone though that it is a patient's responsibility, no matter how much confidence you have in your doctor, to research your medications and conditions, and to tell your doctor if you don't feel 'right' for any reason.

Drug Pusher... show details Drug Pusher...
Apr 22nd, 2011

This doctor kept pushing heavy duty drugs on me, multiple drugs at the same time, with many serious side effects. Was unaware of dangerous drug interactions with other medications I was prescribed by my other doctors. I stopped all the drugs he had put me on over a 10 year period, and I felt better than I had in years!

Over medicated show details Over medicated
Apr 21st, 2010

Prescribed 2x the recommended dosage of Prozac for a family member plus other major medications. Patient experienced severe memory loss and blackouts resulting in 2 car accidents. Medical power of attorney holder requested information and was given no response.