Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Lost Quality of Life show details Lost Quality of Life
by PK on May 21st, 2015

I went to Dr Lux in 2004 for a THR , I was very pleased with the outcome the only thing lacking was some of the office staffs better than you attitude . So when it was time for me to have a TKR I did not hesitate to go back to Dr. Lux . This experience was totally different . One of my main concerns besides the pain was how crooked my leg became , I expressed this to Dr. Lux and he promised me that he could straighten my leg out !! Not at anytime did he mention that I waited to long or that there might be a chance that he could not achieve this !!!! I went through all the physical therapy as instructed , my leg is still crooked and very noticeable to the point I am even more conscience of it after going through the long hall of the surgery which is a lot more intense than a THR . I am considering a second opinion now and I am very disappointed in the outcome , I do not feel I have quality of life back . And at the time which was in 2014 his office staff has gotten worse they treat you like second class citizens and there is no compassion . Frank Dr. Lux right hand man told me at one of my visits after the surgery that they could fix my knee but not my brain ! I discussed this with Dr. Lux and he laughed . I do not know what has happened to Dr. Lux and his staff but they are not what they once were . I struggle emotionally everyday because of this and I am so sorry I went back to him I have lost all trust and respect for him and his office . To think now that I may have to go to someone else to fix his botched up surgery makes me sick . I did read one bad review before I had my TKR and mentioned it to Dr. Lux and he responded people can write anything and there can always be a bad review it means nothing !!!! No I would not recommend him !!!!!

Jan 6th, 2015

very personal and professional

Kudos to Dr Lux & Staff show details Kudos to Dr Lux & Staff
by Joan Robinson on Jan 5th, 2015

Dr. Lux replaced my hips and did an exceptional job. He is personable, and has excellent skills. My recovery has gone well and my mobility is almost back to normal. He has a great team that is to be commended for their work too!

Feb 21st, 2013

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Lux and his stafff. I had 2 surgeries and both went very well. It is very important to listen to their instructions and do the therapy. If I ever need another knee surgery I will go back to Dr. Lux.

Dr. Lux and the Orthopedic Center are the best! show details Dr. Lux and the Orthopedic Center are the best!
Jun 26th, 2011

I hate going to the doctor but I could not live with the pain in my hip any longer! Hip replacement was the only answer and Dr. lux and his staff got me through it! I am feeling young again!!

Love my new hip show details Love my new hip
Jun 14th, 2011

Dr. Lux gave a great new metal on metal hip. I can do yoga and play golf with my husband 4 months after surgery. Wish I had done it sooner!!

Great knee result show details Great knee result
Jun 7th, 2011

I had terrible arthrtis is my knee and suffered for years. Dr. Lux did the minimally invasive total knee and I went home the next day. The therapy was tough but after 6 weeks I was playing gold and fully recovered in 12 weeks. I wish I had done it sooner!! Thanks for a great job Dr. Lux!!

by Karen on Jul 28th, 2010

overall very professional,explained overall treatment and recovery.