Dr. Paul Mackoul MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 10th, 2017
Stellar experience
Dr. MacKoul was recommended to me by my coworker. Her recovery was 5 days, and she had been suffering with a painful fibroid. I needed a hysterectomy but my doctor told me she was going to do an open procedure. I went to Dr. MacKoul for a second opinion and he was confident he could do it laparoscopically. I went in on Wednesday and was back at work the next week. It's been 6 weeks and my scars are barely visible. I have to look hard for the one at my belly button.

June 10th, 2017
Experienced Doctor and Amazing Surgery Center
I had a laparoscopic partial hysterectomy at Innovations Surgery Center with Dr. MacKoul a week ago and feel absolutely amazing. The fact that he is able to do this surgery as minimally invasive reduced my pain, time off my feet and put me at less risk for complications. Within the first two days I was back on my feet and able to make short trips. I traveled from Dallas to the surgery center and every part of my trip was seamless from scheduling to surgery. Dr. MacKoul took the time to answer all of my questions on the phone before my surgery and in the pre-op room as well. His staff is caring and really puts you at ease. Cannot recommend him enough!

May 23rd, 2017
Intelligent, direct, and very responsive
For years dr's allowed me to suffer with endometriosis. It became a consuming issue in my life. One visit to Dr. Mackoul and it became obvious the previous treatments options were a Band-Aid to a bigger issue. Within 3 weeks, my life changed forever.....

April 20th, 2017
Very satisfied patient
I saw Drs. MacKoul and Danalyants a few years ago and still remember how pleasant the entire experience was. They removed some ovarian cysts and the surgery went just as they explained. I was very nervous about the procedure and was reassured by both doctors.

December 15th, 2016
An Amazing Surgeon
Dr. MacKoul is an exceptionally skilled, kind and caring doctor! My procedure at Innovations Surgery Center in Rockville, MD, was virtually pain-free. The recovery was so quick, I was amazed! Thumbs up!!!

September 17th, 2016
Choose a Surgical Expert!
Dr. MacKoul is a phenomenal surgeon. I dealt with fibroids for over 15 years and Dr. MacKoul relieved me of this condition in a 1.5-hour, minimally-invasive surgery. The recovery was very fast; I was driving in 5 days. I cannot say enough about the professionalism of the staff and all who were involved in my care. I initially attempted to manage my situation through naturopathic means, so I was very healthy, but my body could not figure out how to get rid of fibroids that ultimately weighed over 9 pounds. I can say two things about my experience: 1) If you are suffering from enlarged fibroids and doctors in your area don’t seem confident in what to do with you, seek out Dr. MacKoul. You will not be an anomaly to him. 2) Do your best to maintain your health – diet, sleep, exercise, supplements, etc. – as healthy lifestyle choices will help you recover optimally post-surgery. Dr. MacKoul’s surgical skill has given me a new lease on life. My experience has been life-changing. I wish you well.

July 10th, 2016
I highly recommend Dr. Paul Mackoul and the Center for Inn., GYN Center. I had a very large fibroid tumor (over 25cm) and was able to fly home to Los Angeles, CA., 2 days after my surgery. I have not had to take any pain medication. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Mackoul and his amazing staff for giving me my life back. Highly, highly recommend them!

June 13th, 2016
Exceptional care
Dr. Paul MacKoul and the surgical team at GYN were simply amazing. Beyond their expertise in handling sensitive medical conditions for women, they treat patients with care and respect. An unfortunate rarity in today's healthcare system. They are compassionate and empathetic to the multitude of unique conditions they treat. Guiding patients through the physical and emotional stages while helping navigate and ease the administrative issues. I am forever grateful for their care.

April 20th, 2016
Great Experience
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Mackoul and the staff at the Center for Innovative GYN Care. I had a very large, pedunculated fibroid (11 cm) located on the outside of my uterus. The fibroid started out small when first diagnosed years ago and my then OB/GYN suggested watchful waiting. While I had no pain or bleeding with this type of fibroid, I did, however, over this past year, notice that I was having some symptoms that included bloating, the appearance of a lump when laying down, and frequent urination. I heard about Dr. Mackoul while listening to WTOP on the way to work one morning. I contacted the Center and was able to get a consult appointment at the Annapolis office. Because I am 47 years old, and do not plan to have children, a hysterectomy was recommended, but leaving my one ovary. I was very nervous, but Dr. Mackoul was very reassuring and explained to me everything I needed to know. I had surgery at Holy Cross Hospital. I came home that evening and took a pain pill to help me sleep that night. When I woke up the next morning, I couldn't believe how good I felt. I only used Motrin for the next two days and returned to work six days later. You cannot even tell where my incisions were! All I can say is my experience from beginning to end has been top notch. For women that are told they need invasive surgery, you MUST make an appointment with Dr. Mackoul. You will not regret it. He is amazing.

March 8th, 2016
Great recovery, better than expected!
I found Dr. MacKoul via internet search and needed to schedule a last minute surgery asap. I was able to schedule a visit in Reston quickly for a consultation, then was able to quickly schedule my surgery. I was told I could only remove fibroid via vertical incision – abdominal myomectomy. Dr. MacKoul clearly explained that there was another option and answered all of my questions. He told me my recovery would be anywhere between 7 to 14 days and he was right. Recovery better than expected. I was able to have a day surgery and go home after. Recovery room staff attended to all my needs. My recovery has been great. Also I liked that someone called to check up on me twice during my recovery. Everything was better than expected!

March 2nd, 2016
OUTSTANDING
Very thorough. I loved how quickly I was seen and treated. I always felt like everyone was interested in my well-being and comfort. Dr. Mackoul and the nurses were outstanding! It was a lovely, peaceful atmosphere - very calming.

February 24th, 2016
Fastest recovery I've ever had!
I had a 19 pound fibroid, but was able to have a laparoscopic procedure! Just a few tiny incisions that I can now barely see. And two weeks of recovery... I was driving in a week!