Dr. Paul Mansfield MD Patient Reviews

• Surgical Oncology Houston, TX

• Good
  • Bad

February 19th, 2016
Dr. Mansfield is an excellent surgeon who also happens to be a very compassionate human being. How very fortunate for me that he was my surgeon for my PMP surgery 8 years ago at MDA. I continue to enjoy life and sing his praises. My wife Linda and I will never forget Paul Mansfield.

August 13th, 2015
MD Anderson and their patients are blessed to have such a brilliant, compassionate, and able surgeon. Go Bless Dr Mansfield.

May 14th, 2015
Perceptive, accurate diagnoses; handles difficult, lengthy surgeries with superb outcomes; friendly, confidence-generating communicator. No baloney.

March 26th, 2013
Attributes for an excellent physician
Dr. Mansfield is an expert in his field of treating appendiceal cancer and that is why we chose him for my husband's rare cancer. But his expertise does not stop there - His unique ability to communicate with patients is most impressive. Dr. Mansfield really cares about his patients. The combination of his skill and concern for his patients is most admirable. He is the yardstick for what an excellent physician should be.

May 31st, 2012
Great Dr
We would recommend Dr Paul Mansfield to anyone and everyone. He is the only Dr at MD Anderson that seemed to care about my husbands treatment and him as a person. Most all Dr's at MDA do not compare with Dr Mansfield and should take lessons from him about care, concern and bed side manner. Thank you Dr Mansfield.

November 19th, 2010
I have a very rare cancer, non-mucinous appendiceal cancer. Dr. Mansfield is one of the top dr's in the country for treating this cancer. I made an appt with him and immediately was impressed with his bedside manner, knowledge of this cancer and the institution he has been part of for many years - MD Anderson Cancer Center. Dr. Mansfield encouraged me to become knowledgeable about my cancer, does not over-promise outcomes, takes my case seriously, treats me with respect and has a humble bedside manner which was refreshing given he is one of the top drs in the country for treatment of my cancer. I trust his judgement as my research has confirmed all his recommendations. I highly recommend Dr. Mansfield to anyone looking for a surgical oncologist who specializes in rare GI cancers as part if his practice. Some ideas to get you started:-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion

September 4th, 2010
from a survivor...
After the devestating cancer diagnosis and visits with numerous physicians... God had His hand in leading me to Dr. Mansfield and MD Anderson Cancer Center. (600 miles from home).Dr Mansfield is an expert in his field, a caring physician and has a sense of humor. He is very thorough in explaining things and answering questions, and is kind and thoughtful. It was quite a long and difficult journey from diagnosis to surgery to recovery. I am so thankful for Dr Mansfield, his skills as a great surgeon, and the cancer treatment that allow me to be here today. If you are facing difficult decisions about cancer treatment and finding the right physician, there is no better place than MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston Texas. And, no better surgeon than Dr. Mansfield. I received the best of care from all levels of staff and nurses; and Dr Mansfield visited every day of my 10 week stay in hospital. I am very very thankful. -A 6yr survivor

October 10th, 2009
Extdremely caring and takes alot of time to explain things. He is a very imprssive doctorl

October 23rd, 2008
Best doctor you could ever ask for in the worst time of your life.
Dr. Mansfield took care of my husband and also took care of me as the caregiver. He put his heart into taking the best care possible. He didn't have to do that and most don't. He explained things so that you could understand what was going on and wouldn't mind answering any questions that you had. He went the extra mile to make you better. Even when things were not at their best he still looked for answers. He became our friend as well as the best doctor we could ask for. If you want someone whom I feel God truly works through then you want Dr. Mansfield. I know that God is present in his heart and in his work as well. Thank you Dr. Mansfield for all that you do.

March 18th, 2017