Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

BEWARE show details BEWARE
Dec 28th, 2015

The following is my opinion regarding Dr. Paul Mansonhing based upon my personal experience. This doctor is UNETHICAL. I was offered a shingles vaccine. I asked his receptionist if this would be covered by my insurance. She assured me it was. A couple of months later I was told by his receptionist (who was very rude and nasty to me on the phone) that my insurance company denied payment so I had to pay for it. When I protested that I would have never agreed to the vaccine if it wasn’t covered by my insurance she told me that it was ‘too bad’ (with a sneer), and said it was ‘my financial responsibility’. I refused to pay for it since it was a very expensive vaccine that should have been properly vetted by Dr. Mansonhing’s office. I called my insurance company and was told the reason for the denial of payment was because the vaccine WAS NOT APPROVED for people under 60 years old. The insurance agent then told me that I would have to be re-vaccinated when I turned 60 years old. Obviously Dr. Mansonhing and his rude receptionist FAILED to do their due diligence. Dr. Mansonhing decided to pass the cost of his error in judgement TO ME. I was later notified by my pharmacy that Dr. Mansonhing HAD REFUSED TO REFILL MY CRITICAL MEDICATION because of ‘a billing issue’. Apparently he was too cowardly to notify me of his passive-aggressive action in advance. When I finally spoke to Dr. Mansonhing, he berated me for not paying him and told me that I was ‘receiving all the benefits of the vaccine’. HUH? For a vaccine that was deemed by my insurance company to be medically worthless? According to his twisted logic, if he performed an unnecessary and unapproved procedure on me then I would have to pay for it. He proceeded to whine incessantly about how UNFAIR it was that he ‘wasn’t making any money on this’ and that ‘he didn’t want to be stuck paying for it’. When I told him that his receptionist informed me it was pre-approved by my insurance company, he insisted it was still my responsibility. He refused to refill my important medication out of spite unless I paid him whatever HE felt he was entitled to. I finally took the high road and agreed to pay it because his whining was pathetic. No thanks nor apology from Dr. Mansonhing, he had worked himself up into a SNIT. He did show his appreciation by adding an extra $25 to the vaccine expense on my credit card, most likely because I had the audacity to argue with him on the phone. STAY AWAY from this two-faced individual, unless you are a doormat with a lot of money. I am filing a complaint with the California Medical Association.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
Jul 30th, 2012

So glad I found Dr. Mansonhing! He takes his time with his patients and has been accurate with his diagnoses.

DR. Mansonhing show details DR. Mansonhing
Aug 27th, 2011

He lags on everything that he does. I've even confronted him about it and he even admitted it.(not very professional) Also I have gone in there many time where they have not done anything but take my money. And I could not pay one time and he charged me a late fee that was double my charge and i was no more than a week late when they said they would give me two weeks and reminder for me to pay, ha i still never got the reminder.... also when the receptionist says she'll call you back, she wont unless for money.I am switching doctors, so i can actually get some things done. I personally wouldn't recommend visiting him.

I really like this doctor... show details I really like this doctor...
Jul 3rd, 2008

I've always had great experiences with Dr. M as I call him - he is caring and thorough. Of course there's a long wait for a physical; there is with most doctors! Just plan for it, that's all. Anyway, this guy has actually spent time with me - emotionally when I needed it -- and I love his beside manner. I'm relatively healthy but I've always liked him and his office staff. Never had a problem.