> > Patient Reviews

Fitzsimons
1665 Aurora Ct
Aurora, CO 80045
303-493-8333
Locations and availability (2)

|  Dr Maroni's Patient Review  |  show details
by Jon R Vastine on Jul 5th, 2014

Prostate cancer diagnosed early 2010. Researched various treatments in Colorado & around USA --including DaVinci aided surgery. After multiple interviews chose Dr. Maroni for prostatectomy performed May 2010 -- discharged from hospital early morning after surgery ! His DaVinci surgery and outcome FAR EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS. Further, he provided direct access via his personnal email address and cell phone -- he answered my questions promptly -- even on a weekend ! A refreshing experience in this era of front desk "barricades" and assembly line medicine ! I'm a prostate cancer support group member and hear others tell of their cases and know how very fortunate I am to have encountered Dr. Maroni.

|  Kidney Surgery  |  show details
by Gary Blomstrom on May 30th, 2014

Kidney surgery is not pleasant but I felt I received comfort and excellent care from Dr. Maroni and his staff at the University of Colorado Hospital before, during and after my surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Maroni to anyone needing this kind of treatment.

|  Kind Caring Doctor  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2012

Very kind, knowledgeable, skilled. Follows up, called me at home to check progress. Easy to talk with and he listens. Answers all your questions. Does not act rushed. Cliff Jones who works for him is a godsend. He would call 3 times a week after I went home just to check. Constantly emails answers to questions. Response is always within the hour. Even gave his home number.

|  Great doctor, kind and understanding  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2011

Dr. Maroni is a great Dr. I can't say enough good about him. Treated for cancer with HIFU and he was very caring. Took time to answer all my questions. Remembered who I was and had staff follow up on any instructions he gave. Very skilled. Just what you want when you have a serious disease. His cancer co-ordinator, Cliff Jones, is the best. He would follow-up with calls every two days during treatment. I had the best of care from both.

|  Overblown sense of entitlement, Vulture billing dept  |  show details
May 18th, 2010

He talked a good game, but in the end didn't help my husband. Beware because his office charges huge fees for their Dr's as if they were some kind of superstars. But he didn't do anything special. You could pay less than one fifth of what he charges, for the same old treatment somewhere else. His office will set up payment plans with you and then rescind them even though you keep your word and pay as agreed, and then will threaten to ruin you if you don't pay MORE than you agreed to pay. I thought this kind of harrassment was not legal when it came to medical bills, but apparently these people don't give a flying leap about anyone and are only in it for the money. We were actually told that we were treated worse in this regard because we were the kind of people who paid our bills on time, so they knew they could wring it out of us... their collection lady read my husband all our personally identifiable information and private details over the phone, apparently to intimidate. Never mind that our information is supposed to be protected by law. If you are a CANCER patient working your tail off to pay your bills, perhaps this much intense stress and upset would be better to avoid. Our entire family is enraged over this and we are writing the regulatory agencies. Go somewhere else.

|  show details
Jan 13th, 2010

Dr. Maroni was a godsend! I thankfully am healthy and strong thanks to his expertise.I highly recommend him if anyone has a renal tumor and surgery is necessary.