Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
D&L procedure follow-up review show details D&L procedure follow-up review
by John S. on Nov 7th, 2015

Dr. Mauk performed a colonoscopy on me at PEC. I met him for the first time just prior to the procedure. He was quite affable and appeared confident and competent. Staff at the PEC facility were very professional. In a brief post-procedure consult, he advised me that he had removed two polyps and I would receive a follow-up report within a week. One week passed without contact or a pathology report. Two weeks passed without contact or a pathology report. I contacted the office and was routed to Debbie Sullivan, Dr. Mauk's assistant. Ms. Sullivan stated the report had been mailed that day (coincidently?). When I asked if she could tell me what it said, she replied, "no, I could read it when I received the report." Another week passed without contact or a pathology report. I then went to the Dr's office and requested a copy of the report. I explained to the front desk personnel why I was there, waited a rather lengthy time, and was finally called by an incorrect name by Ms. Sullivan. In this patient's opinion, She was quite unfriendly and almost unwilling to provide a copy of the report. I stated to her that in my opinion, this was the epitome of bad business. The mailed report subsequently arrived. Review is on post-procedure follow-up and in office staff interaction.

Aug 14th, 2012

Great doctor and not afraid to have his patients seek a 2nd opinion

Great doctor, not-great staff. show details Great doctor, not-great staff.
May 24th, 2012

I was very happy with Dr. Mauk; very nice man, great bedside manner. To say that the staff has left much to be desired would be a gross understatement.

Oct 20th, 2011

The office was a meat market. Move the cattle in, move 'em out. I run a business and understand profit motives, but jeez. Good luck to all who enter.

intake visit show details intake visit
Jul 18th, 2011

They need a professional up front to answer the phone who actually knows what the facts are.I was nervous just going there and the experience made me put off doing the procedure until I think about it some more.I feel like the employees are busy doing all paper work and I guess the docs won't spend the money for someone with good experience who can make the patient feel confident.I called a few days later to talk to the nurse again about the drugs they will use for the procedure and let her know more info about medication I'm taking. Again,vague answers and I don't know if there will be an anesthesiologist.If the Dr. decides at procedure time then why not just say so! However,she did give good prep info for the colonoscopy. I know the doc isn't going to want to have a 5 minute conversation about drug options (I may not want them because of side effect).Am I supposed to reschedule when I'm sitting there in one of those stupid gowns? good grief-I know it's a standard procedure for them but it isn't for me.

never got in show details never got in
Jun 28th, 2011

I was reffered to Dr. Mauk by my general physician but never could get anyone to answer the phone. When they did they told me a new patient apointment was a month out and the staff was not helpful or courteous. Consider looking elsewhere before you book.

poor follow up show details poor follow up
Feb 28th, 2011

follow up after my proceedure was a form letter. conflicting instructions for contacting md

Worst Doctor show details Worst Doctor
by Andria Craig-Wife&Mother Katy, Tx on Nov 2nd, 2010

Dr. Mauk is an arrogant and insensitve person. I spent months as a patient and they "released" me because they couldn't find anything wrong with me. I was diagnosed by another gastro. Dr. John Mathias and treated within one visit!While seeing Dr. Mauk I lost 40lbs and pain in upper right quad, bile,etc......that isn't normal. Dr. Mauk and his nurse are the "RUDEST" medical UNprofessionals.