Dr. Paul Mcclain Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Mcclain?

August 4th, 2017

Disorganized and Overwelmed

Dr. McClain does not spend enough time with me and constantly leaves the exam room for one reason or another, not returning for up 15 to 20 minutes at a time - my most recent appointment, I sat in the exam room for well over an hour and I had to hunt him down to talk to me - his first words were, "Have you submitted a stool sample?“ and when I replied no, he said he was going to get me a fecal occult kit but didn’t return - a nurse came in 5 minutes later to take my shoes and socks off for a foot exam and I sat there for 30 minutes until I hunted him down and chewed him out. He does not go over the issues you come in for and has a poor bedside manner and makes love to his computer instead of talking and listening to the patient. I cannot recommend him at all.

November 5th, 2012

I am 67 years old and Dr. McClain has been my primary doctor for about 20 years. Needless to say, I think very highly of him. He accurately diagnosis my health problems and readily refers me to the appropriate specialist when necessary. Usually, if Dr. McClain is not available, I will just suffer through my ailment, if it's not too serious, until I can schedule an appointment with him instead of going to another doctor.

April 23rd, 2012

Caution

Dr. McClain is a well meaning doctor that has a hard time treating pain patients. He doesn't have the toughness or savvy to keep patients from getting addicted to narcotics. I TRUSTED him to treat my pain illnesses with narcotics in such a way that I would not become addicted. I ended up one day being told by Dr. McClain that he could not refill my prescription and that my choices were to go to accupunture or rehab. While in rehab, I found out from my chemical dependency psychiatrist that 2 more of Dr. McClain's patients were being admitted into rehab that week. He means well, but this is a dangerous doctor to go to if you don't want to unwittingly end up addicted to painkillers/narcotics.

June 24th, 2011