Cardiologist (heart)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Love him  |  show details
by Jeannie on Sep 24th, 2014

What a super doctor, always friendly and takes the time I need to understand what is happening.

|  nearly died, doctor malpractice.........  |  show details
by Lila Folkers on Aug 23rd, 2014

This doctor was suppose to monitor my levels on my Warfain medication it is normally referred to as Cumadin. I took the medication as directed by Dr. Meltzer and on Wednesday of April 30, 2014, I had a blood test run. I normally would get results within a day as I took the test at Quest Diagnostics. Well, no one from Dr. Meltzer's office called me and I got very ill. I went into the emergency room on the following Friday (May 2, 2014) and discovered that my INR levels were over the top. Was suppose to be around 2.5 but was measured at 14 and when they attempted another test of the levels, they were unable to do so because my blood was far too thin. I was told that I could have bled internally and I also had to have blood plasma transfusions and I had to have surgery to have a large abscess removed. I was in cardia intensive care for nearly an entire week and was told numerous times by more than one doctor at the hospital that if I had waited much longer, I would not have made it, living that is. The surgeon told me more than once that I was lucky to be alive. I also was prescribed amioderone and I was having extreme problems seeing. At times, I would be driving and I would have to pull over until the temporary blindness went away. I looked up all of my medication and found that the drug I was prescribed by Dr. Meltzer could cause permanent blindness. I mentioned my eye problems to Dr. Meltzer and he just passed me off and refused to listen to my concerns. It was not until I faxed to his office the contra indications about the drug causing permanent blindness that he allowed me to discontinue the medication. I had been on bio identical hormones before all of my heart issues developed, not due to lifestyle, btw but was congenital. My arteries were clear but I had an aneryism on the ascending aorta. Long story short, he disapproved of my thyroid prescriptions and my hormone therapy as he considered my doctors "Quacks" Now that I am seeing another cardiologist, I am approved to do the hormone therapy and the thyroid and since I have been back on my regular routine, I feel 100% better, I am able to work, exercise, do normal activities. None of these things were activities that I was able to do when I was taken off of the thyroid and hormones. I am almost back to normal and for almost being age 65, I think I am doing fabulous. I was close to dying due to Doctor Meltzer's negligence and I could not go out, do housework, perform duties at my office, walk the dogs or anything. I was totally and absolutely exhausted 24/7. I had always prided myself in having taken good care of myself, exercise, eating right, I don't smoke, I seldom drink ( maybe 2-4 times in an entire year) I would not be alive today if I had not taken steps to ensure my own health and welfare. Thank goodness, I got away from a doctor who refused to keep up with the times, was negligent in informing me of my blood tests, and a doctor who nearly cost me my life. btw doctor malpractice accounts for more deaths than even cancer. Go figure. very poor, should definitely not be practicing medicine How can I make these number with a minus sign in front of them?????

|  Great, Caring Doctor  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2014

Had an appointment with Dr. Meltzer yesterday, He is easy-going and friendly, really took extra time to explain my options and potential risks for each. He put me at ease and calmed my fears... great guy.

|  One of the good ones  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Meltzer for 12 years now. I am very pleased with the treatment and his comitmint to keeping my heart healthy.

|  Another good visit  |  show details
by Jeff Rhoads on Sep 11th, 2013

Have just come from a visit and check-up with Dr Meltzer. The staff at his office is always friendly and welcoming, Dr Meltzer always take plenty of time with me to discuss my treatment and to discuss the options. I am glad he is my doctor, he it the only one who has been able to keep me in a normal rythem.

|  Not helpful  |  show details
by Marcy on Apr 26th, 2013

The staff is very nice. This review is based on Dr. Meltzer's bedside manner, which is non-existent. I understand doctor's must be stern with patients, so they take their condition seriously, and change their lifestyle, etc... Dr. Meltzer gives only critique, and when asked questions he will not give you an answer. He has a cold demeanor, and it does not seem that he has a "heart" himself. My husband has atrial fibrillation, and he made it seem as though his future was dismal. As a wife, I asked many questions since I wanted my husband to be reassured that everything would be ok since his bedside manner terrified my husband. I am stunned at the previous reviews that state the visit was excellent. This is not true. We are seeing another cardiologist who does care about his patients by being compassionate. For your own well being see another doctor.

|  Exceptional  |  show details
by JL R on Mar 28th, 2013

Dr. Meltzer is friendly and careing. The office staff has been very helpful.

|  Wonderful Doc  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

I have been going to Paul Meltzer for about nine years now. I have found him to be competent, caring, and friendly. In fact the whole staff at CSOC are top notch. I have recommended Dr. Meltzer to several of my friends with complete confidence. I had been trying to get help with my A-fib for over a year, trying different Cardiologists with no results. Fortunately I found Dr. Meltzer - he was able to convert me to a normal sinus rhythm and has maintained it for nine years.

|  Worst Doctor Ever  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

I would NEVER recommend this narrow minded physician. I am in the medical field and I have worked alongside a lot of brilliant physician and I cant say I have ever run into a doctor with such little medical knowledge. Dr. Paul Meltzer ran tests on me today and he did nothing but criticizes me and gave me not one medical diagnosis and then on top of being non compassionate he actually laughed at me. I will make sure every referring doctor out in the Orange County/Los Angeles county community know not to refer any patients to this despicable man that calls himself a doctor. This doctor needs to have his medical license revoked. Do not waste a minute on this physician it will be a waste of your valuable time and money, and still have no answers. He is a cardiologist, which is a scary thought. After that experience anyone would walk away with chest pains.

|  Dr Meltzer is the worst  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

I have never been to a Dr. that was as rude as Dr. Meltzer. His office staff was great. If you have to go to this office chose another Dr. He had the worst bed side manner ever.