Dr. Paul Milling MD Patient Reviews

2.6

September 6th, 2016
Review
His bed side manner sucks. He is not very good with his people skills.

April 21st, 2016
F this guy
recommended against surgery, i had been told by a couple other doctors i would need a procedure. Staff was rude and cold. I would never return to this doctor nor would i recommend it to another.

September 14th, 2015
Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had with the doctor. If they had a zero negative rating that would be more accurate. He's extremely rude says very inappropriate things like making you feel like a liar I even heard him tell somebody that she would be better off ending her life then to go through what she claimed in her head she was going through. Personally I think his doctor should have his license pulled in his business closed.

August 27th, 2015
Excellent!
Excellent no nonsense doctor. He did a TKR on me, and in my opinion he did an excellent job. I highly recommend him.

July 1st, 2015
Don't go here
Insulting, unwilling to share information, rude, sarcastic, seemed unknowledgeable about his field, confused about medication, he needs to retire. We were truly shocked.

April 15th, 2015
health care worker
Terrible brash insensitive to patients and their needs Only dr available or never would have went

February 13th, 2014
This doctor leaves much to be desired.
I would never refer him to anyone. Not even my enemies. He wouldn't answer any of my questions which upset me greatly since I have never broken anything. There is absolutely no compassion in his bedside manner. Post op appointment was even worse. He comes in, moves my leg around harshly causing me to scream out in pain and then leaves the room. When asked for more pain meds he acts like you're crazy.... And then gives a small non refillable RX causing me to continue to call his office asking for a renewal. He is never in his office and I go days without pain meds. I'm in a living nightmare. Changing docs is a good idea if you can.

October 10th, 2013
I totally agree with the reviews that say he is not compassionate. From the minute he walked into the room it was like why are you here bothering me. I thought he might warm up but it got worse. His bedside manor is horrible. He was asking me questions about the wrong leg. When I asked his recommendation he was rude and said I can't tell you what to do. No information or things that could help in the meantime. What would make it worse and what would help. Nothing like that - I felt like he could care less about my problem. I did not like him at all and would not refer him. If fact I would discourage someone from going there.

September 10th, 2012
There is a lack of compassion when everyone in an orthopedic surgeons office definitely has a problem and is in pain. He doesnt let you ask questions which is important when you are trying to understand your injury and are about to have surgery. He acts like you are bothering him if you speak. He also doesnt provide any pain control before or after surgery. He may be an excellent surgeon but there is a lot more to it then just the surgery. Some of us have no choice due to insurance and we are stuck with him......

November 20th, 2011
Horrible bedside manners. Had to have a second surgery due to him not doing it proficiently the first time.

May 19th, 2009
Horrible Bedside Manner...a Real Jerk
I've never encountered a physician with such a lack of compassion. I recently fell and seriously dislocated and broke my ankle/leg. I was transferred to Pomerado Hospital via ambulance, where Dr. Milling was the on-call surgeon. Now for some background, for 5 years prior to this accident, I've been a chronic back pain patient, taking up to 60 milligrams a day of Oxycontin or it's derivatives (Percocet). I've gradually weaned myself off and was down to 5-10 mgs a day. Needless to say, the pain from breaking my ankle was nothing like I had ever experienced before. Talk about skyrocketing off the pain scale. Anyway, the fact that I was highly tolerable to any pain medication they gave me seemed to be lost on Dr. Milling. He treated me as though I purposely broke my bones in order to get more drugs. As I am lying in my bed, screaming in excruciating agony, begging and pleading for relief, he's grilling me and giving me the general third degree about who would possibly prescribe that to me, what for and that he "didn't approve". During this same visit, as he went to examine my leg, there was no compassion, no gentleness in his touch. Just opened my bandages like it was Christmas morning. I of course, screamed and refused to let him continue. I eventually was given a morphine pump and finally my pain became bearable. When he discharged me on the last day of my stay, I once again, tried to explain to him my low pain tolerance and high drug tolerance. He basically accused me of being a drug addict and that him prescribing more meds would just be enabling me to continue being an addict. Unbelieveable. He further suggested that "I wouldn't let him examine me" on that first day. Well no, I am not a Christmas package, I am a person. Thankfully, I have been able to see another surgeon for follow-up visits, as my husband would not let me return to Dr. Milling after the horrible treatment I received. In addition, I will never again return to Pomerado Hospital because of Dr. Milling and this experience. I will add that he is a good surgeon. My new surgeon, has said Dr. Milling's work is a "10". However, the lack of compassion and general apathy towards would lead me to advise others to find someone else, if the need arises.