Internist, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs)
Video profile

2.0

The worst. show details The worst.
by John H. on Oct 25th, 2014

Can't say enough bad things about this doc. Absolutely the worst physician I have ever encountered. So arrogant and inept at the same time. Stay away.

Apr 21st, 2012

I wish that Dr. Mohabir and his loved ones will fall into the hands of doctor exactly like himself at their most critical moments of their lives, nothing more and nothing less.

ARROGANT, IGNORANT, HORRIFYING BEDSIDE MANNERS. show details ARROGANT, IGNORANT, HORRIFYING BEDSIDE MANNERS.
Dec 15th, 2011

ARROGANT, IGNORANT, HORRIFYING BEDSIDE MANNERS.

worst nightmare for my family show details worst nightmare for my family
Oct 27th, 2011

On Dr. Paul Mohabir1.Dr. Mohabir requested that the family attend an urgent meeting at the hospital at 11:30am, 4/19, concerning my father's dismal condition. However, he did not show up until 1:30pm. His unbelievable explanation was that he had a prior speaking engagement. For his convenience, my family of 5 waited for two hours to hear the announcement of dismaying news about my father.2.During stay in Critical Care, Dr. Mohabir had never come to my fathers bedside once, at any given time, for a visit. Every order was administered remotely, while my father's cardiologist, though not on Mohabirs team, came to visit my father multiple times.3.During the family meeting on 4/19, Dr. Mohabir announced that my father was sure to die. The family was in despair and in tears and asked Dr. Mohabir whether he believed in miracles. Mahabir mockingly replied he did, and said a miracle is if we take off your fathers mask and he still breathed. The family was shocked for the lack of compassion in his remark and was fearful, doubtful whether Dr.Mahobir would try his best in treating my fther. The family pleaded Mohabir to consult with my father's cardiologist for his opinion.4.My father's cardiologist had treated and known him very well for over two years as his cardiology patient. Later, after my father passed away, according to the cardiologist, Mohabir did not take advice from him in taking things slow on my father's treatment decision. The family suspected Thoracentesis, ordered by Mohabir, lead to the premature death of my father.5.Dr. Mohabirs judgment on taking 1.5 liter of fluid out of him in his feeble, fragile condition appeared to be erroneous, reckless, and fatal. Earlier in the morning of Apr.22, when my father signed the consent form, there was no Chinese translator on site to explain the risks to my father, although the medical staff in attendance should have known the risk to my father. Before the procedure, my father's nurses told the family the decision was made for the purpose of easing my father's breathing. After my father passed away, at the meeting, Mohabir claimed the procedure was done for lab test purpose. Should Mohabirs claim for infection test purpose be true, the large quantity of 1.5 liters was obviously medically unnecessary and extremely risky, considered my father's fluctuating blood pressure. Before the procedure, my father was already rid of one of three antibiotics due to his infection coming under control. The test for infection, the risky procedure of Thoracentesis therefore was non-urgent, rushed, unnecessary, but fatal decision made at the wrong time. In time sequence, the procedure destabilized my father, causing a collapse of his blood pressure and leading to his death. Mohabirs later claim that the Thorcentesis was for lab purposes, contradicting to the information the nurses delivered to the family, was irresponsible, misleading and deceiving. Mohabir neglected the risk that a great amount of fluid removal might cause significant fluid shift within my father's body, to the likely resulting hypotention. Mohabir took the risk of doing too much too soon despite the advice of his cardiologist, who counseled slow treatment based on his experience in treating my father; despite Mohabirs own teams judgment that my father should stay extremely still and stable before receiving any further aggressive treatment.B.On Dr. Norman Rizk, 1.The family was grateful that Dr. Rizk granted two meetings with the family. Yet Dr. Rizk failed to adequately prepare by not reading my father's chart/history as reflected in his major mistake in misidentifying the critical time/order/causal effects of Thoracenthesis and my father's death. With the unprofessional and uncompassionate attitude, the family, or generally patients, can hardly expect the supervising staffs capability in establishing appropriate discipline and professionalism to the hospitals doctors. We are a family of a lawyer, Ph.d, reporter, banker and engineer, well-educated, respectful and professional. Mr. Hsus passing simply reflected the facts that Stanford doctors, specifically, Dr. Mohabir and Dr. Rizk, did not perform according to their expected, reasonable level.

paul mohabir show details paul mohabir
Jun 22nd, 2011

this doctor saved my life, when i was defeated & felt i was done, he gave me the push i needed.