Dr. Paul Moniz DO Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Bonne Terre, MO

May 7th, 2015
Finally a Great Doctor
I am skeptic and picky when choosing a doctor. I was referred to Dr. Moniz. My first visit I was immediately impressed. They are flexible with appointments and go above and beyond what their jobs are to try to help you and work you in. If you cancel they don't charge you. They realize things come up. This office works as a team and really cares. The office staff bends over backwards to help you with insurance and educating you. They are very supportive and remember you by name. I read the previous reviews and feel they truly do not reflect this doctor or his staff. They are patient and kind. THEY ACTUALLY LISTEN. On my first visit I complained about breathing and chest pain. Within 5 minutes they were doing an EKG. I am a large person and they never judge you. They treat you with as much respect as they would a family member. They referred me to a cardiologist, set up the appointment and I was seen immediately. Dr. Moniz takes the time to really communicate with you and does necessary tests to really find the root of your problems instead of just treating your symptoms. He always greats you with a smile and believes in working with you to get to the root of your illness. He refers to good specialists when needed. I have seen him for an array of issues and I feel better than I have in years. I have lost weight, managed my stress and blood pressure, got my back pain under control, I can sleep now, I am a happier person , and I know no matter what I throw his way this doctor will do everything in his power to get me well. The fact that they have invested in having an onsite lab, sleep lab, ekg, clean office, kind staff, and convenient hours make this place #1 to me. I have been to offices that virtually do nothing. They incorporate all the factors from your medical history, family history, mental well being, physical well being, and go from body system to system to treat you. He is very thorough. His nurse calls you with lab results the same or next day of appointments and takes the time to discuss all your labs good or bad. These people really care. There is not one person that I have encountered that was not kind, thoughtful and did not do their job to the best of their ability. The woman who takes care of referrals works diligently to find good specialists quickly and helps you to make sure your insurance covers the services. I have always resented most doctors. I feel most of them see you as a number and could care less. I feel like when I go there they are all one big team on my side to help me become the strongest healthiest person I can be. They make medical care convenient. If you want a great doctor who cares with an amazing support staff who cares chose this doctor. You will be well if you listen to his wisdom and Follow his advise. they go way beyond any other doctor's office I have ever encountered.

March 23rd, 2013
Two Visits Was Enough
I saw Dr. Moniz at Midwest Healthcare, and after two visits, I'm transferring to another doctor. He seemed to be a good doctor and a nice enough man, but the entire Midwest Healthcare operation is a nightmare. On my very first visit, I was subjected to extensive drug testing which appears to be a requirement for his patients. Aside from that, he also recommended an endless list of additional blood work which ended up costing me $250 out-of-pocket. My feeling was that he's all about the money since they run their own lab facility. In addition, it's nearly impossible to get through to his office, get phone calls returned, or get refills on medications. On several occasions, wrong medications were called in. I would never recommend the practice, and as previously stated, I've transferred after two visits.

July 24th, 2012
Your Best Friend and your DR. Too!
Dr. Paul and his staff are the Best professionalsthat You can have by your side in a time of medicalneed or when you need someone to confide in. Ihave put my life in his hands for over 10 years now.My family and i could not ask for a better Physicianor a better friend. He is devoted to his craft and isa man of faith who is the best of the best to have asyour Family Physician.

February 7th, 2012
Horrible experience
my overall impression of this office was very untrained staff and very unprofessional. they also have a "lab" department, my blood was lost and my name was added to some other persons blood. i had my blood taken again by my doctors office and everything was way different. he said the first set must not have been from me at all. how dangerous is that!

May 27th, 2011
Office staff sucks
This review is for the Dr's office staff, not the Dr himself. Dr. Moniz is great IF you can get to see him. His staff double-books him, then offers you the opportunity to see the nurse practitioner instead. You can never get into his office the same day, dying of anything and you have to wait 2 weeks to get in. They're rude and hateful and seem quite proud of it. They have ALWAYS been that way, I don't know why the Dr keeps them. They are a very poor reflection on his practice. They are completely ignorant of customer service, and don't try to be helpful at all. I'm finding another doctor, so is my family.