2.5

No more quality of life. show details No more quality of life.
by Anne Ominous on Apr 28th, 2013

I'm not going to say much except that my life has been ruined by this surgeon. The story is too long to get into, but I have no quality of life, range on the pain scale between 7 and 10 all day, every day and choosing this NON-LICENSED doctor was the biggest mistake of my life.

Herniated disc surgery show details Herniated disc surgery
Apr 9th, 2013

best surgeon ever. I would trust him with any surgery -he is world renowned.

Medical/Surgical Record show details Medical/Surgical Record
Mar 4th, 2012

You have a right to your surgical notes and you can ask for them at any time. I bet if you checked you'd find a student actually performed your surgery. The student writes the surgical report details and Dr. M approves them and signs electronically. But check the notes...You may be surprised! I do NOT believe Jan Paul Muizelarr performs ANY surgery. It's a bait and switch by him and UC Davis Medical Center and the Administration knows about it....He is a LIAR!!!!

Oct 23rd, 2011

He is a liar, a flirt and has no integrity. Stay away.

Dr, Muizelaar's saved me and kept my life normal show details Dr, Muizelaar's saved me and kept my life normal
Oct 1st, 2011

I am sorry to read bad comments about Dr. Muizelaar. I had an AVM that other surgeons would not touch. My other doctors consulted with staffs at other hospitalsand for over a month, no one could be found that would undertake this surgery. One Friday afternoon I got a call from my main surgeon describing Dr. Muizelaar and gave me a phone number to call. To my surprise, Dr. Muizelaar answered the phone, he rearranged his schedule to meet me on the following Monday. He reviewed my case, looked at x-rays, cts, and answered any and all questions we had (and we had a lot). Over the course of the next few weeks, we met, talked, I was assessed, examined and surgery scheduled. I was always able to get him on the phone when I needed him to answer questions. I reviewed his credentials, qualifications and background and felt very comfortable putting my life in his hands. HE performed my surgery and followed up with me more than I ever expected. HE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR!!!

Surgical patient show details Surgical patient
May 27th, 2011

Dr. Muizelaar is NOT licensed to practice medicine in the US. He is here on a grant from UCDavis. He lied to my husband and I and said a student would NOT perform my delicate C 4-5, 6-7 spinal fusion. He's a liar and my fusion failed..He gets loads of money by being nice at the first visit, just to get new victims into surgery...he's very good at reeling you in and then someone else performs the surgery. You are taken in the back and put under, then they have their way. Not anything like surgery at Sutter where an RN follows you throughout the surgical process. Prior to surgery to also meet the assistant surgeon, anesthesologist and the surgeon checks you again... much better outcomes too! I never agreed to having a student perform surgery, in fact I specifically stated "NO RESIDENT" and doctor Muzuilaar lied because I have insurance and was just a pig up for slaughter...He's a PIG!!!