inactive

• Neurological Surgery Huntington, WV

3.3

April 23rd, 2016
Good experience
Dr. Muizelaar diagnosed my herniated disc quickly and scheduled the surgery promptly. He was easy to reach and communicate with and made sure I was well taken care of while in the hospital. I am five weeks post-opt and doing remarkably well.

April 28th, 2013
No more quality of life.
I'm not going to say much except that my life has been ruined by this surgeon. The story is too long to get into, but I have no quality of life, range on the pain scale between 7 and 10 all day, every day and choosing this NON-LICENSED doctor was the biggest mistake of my life.

April 9th, 2013
Herniated disc surgery
best surgeon ever. I would trust him with any surgery -he is world renowned.

March 4th, 2012
Medical/Surgical Record
You have a right to your surgical notes and you can ask for them at any time. I bet if you checked you'd find a student actually performed your surgery. The student writes the surgical report details and Dr. M approves them and signs electronically. But check the notes...You may be surprised! I do NOT believe Jan Paul Muizelarr performs ANY surgery. It's a bait and switch by him and UC Davis Medical Center and the Administration knows about it....He is a LIAR!!!!

October 23rd, 2011
He is a liar, a flirt and has no integrity. Stay away.

October 1st, 2011
Dr, Muizelaar's saved me and kept my life normal
I am sorry to read bad comments about Dr. Muizelaar. I had an AVM that other surgeons would not touch. My other doctors consulted with staffs at other hospitalsand for over a month, no one could be found that would undertake this surgery. One Friday afternoon I got a call from my main surgeon describing Dr. Muizelaar and gave me a phone number to call. To my surprise, Dr. Muizelaar answered the phone, he rearranged his schedule to meet me on the following Monday. He reviewed my case, looked at x-rays, cts, and answered any and all questions we had (and we had a lot). Over the course of the next few weeks, we met, talked, I was assessed, examined and surgery scheduled. I was always able to get him on the phone when I needed him to answer questions. I reviewed his credentials, qualifications and background and felt very comfortable putting my life in his hands. HE performed my surgery and followed up with me more than I ever expected. HE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR!!!