Dr. Jan Muizelaar Is this you?

3.3

Good experience

Posted on April 23rd, 2016

Dr. Muizelaar diagnosed my herniated disc quickly and scheduled the surgery promptly. He was easy to reach and communicate with and made sure I was well taken care of while in the hospital. I am five weeks post-opt and doing remarkably well.

No more quality of life.

Posted on April 28th, 2013

I'm not going to say much except that my life has been ruined by this surgeon. The story is too long to get into, but I have no quality of life, range on the pain scale between 7 and 10 all day, every day and choosing this NON-LICENSED doctor was the biggest mistake of my life.

Herniated disc surgery

Posted on April 10th, 2013

best surgeon ever. I would trust him with any surgery -he is world renowned.

Medical/Surgical Record

Posted on March 4th, 2012

You have a right to your surgical notes and you can ask for them at any time. I bet if you checked you'd find a student actually performed your surgery. The student writes the surgical report details and Dr. M approves them and signs electronically. But check the notes...You may be surprised! I do NOT believe Jan Paul Muizelarr performs ANY surgery. It's a bait and switch by him and UC Davis Medical Center and the Administration knows about it....He is a LIAR!!!!

Posted on October 23rd, 2011

He is a liar, a flirt and has no integrity. Stay away.

Dr, Muizelaar's saved me and kept my life normal

Posted on October 1st, 2011

I am sorry to read bad comments about Dr. Muizelaar. I had an AVM that other surgeons would not touch. My other doctors consulted with staffs at other hospitalsand for over a month, no one could be found that would undertake this surgery. One Friday afternoon I got a call from my main surgeon describing Dr. Muizelaar and gave me a phone number to call. To my surprise, Dr. Muizelaar answered the phone, he rearranged his schedule to meet me on the following Monday. He reviewed my case, looked at x-rays, cts, and answered any and all questions we had (and we had a lot). Over the course of the next few weeks, we met, talked, I was assessed, examined and surgery scheduled. I was always able to get him on the phone when I needed him to answer questions. I reviewed his credentials, qualifications and background and felt very comfortable putting my life in his hands. HE performed my surgery and followed up with me more than I ever expected. HE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR!!!

Find someone else.