Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Arc @ James Casey OBG
4101 James Casey St
Ste 300
South Manchaca, Austin, TX 78745
512-383-9752
Locations and availability (2)

Feb 17th, 2014

The first time Dr. Mumfrey saw me he spent time with me & truly showed compassion for my condition. It was determined I had an ovarian cyst. However, the last few times I have seen him he has not listened to me, & it seemed as if his goal was to get done as quick as possible. I told him I thought my vitamin D was low. I had been really tired. He did not retest my vitamin D. He blamed my tiredness on college. I had my internalist test my vitamin D. The results came back suboptimal. I now take 49,000 units of vitamin D per week. I have had a vaginal discharge for a year. I was always having to take meds to fight the discharge. It never went away. It was very painful. Last time I saw him I had just finished 12 days of meds & my test results came back negative. I suggested that the discharge was due to my birth control. Dr. Mumfrey "blew off" that idea. I went to a local doctor in my hometown. He took me off the birth control. I do not have a discharge anymore & my pain is disappearing.

May 24th, 2013

BEST DOCTOR EVER!!! Enough said.

|  Best Doctor In Austin  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

Dr. Mumfrey is the best doctor I have ever had. Luckily my original ob/gyn moved out of town halfway through my first pregnancy and referred me to Dr. Mumfrey's office, otherwise I never would've found he and his wife, Dr. Grimes. Mumfrey has cared for me during the births of both of my sons and throughout each pregnancy was thorough, caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, and had a sense of humor when I needed my spirits lifted. He handled the emergency delivery of my first son via c-section with the appropriate level of urgency and calm. And he was accommodating and supportive when I decided I wanted to VBAC with my second son. He is the best!! Not just a doctor, he also feels like a friend.

|  Best OB/GYN!!  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

He is the best, he is so caring and never rushes the appointment. He takes his time and you never leave his office without a question not being answered. He listens and makes you feel at ease with all the new things going on with your body and baby. When its time for the big day he is there to make it a joyful day. He is my favorite doctor by far!

|  I love Dr. Mumfrey  |  show details
by Julie C. on May 7th, 2010

DR. Mumfrey is a great doctor. He treated me like he genuinely cared about me. I know he was always extremely busy, but he always made me feel like I was his only patient. I would recommend him to any woman. You don't get any better.

Mar 11th, 2009

Dr. Mumfrey is a great doctor! He has the ability of making you feel very comfortable when you are in the appointment with him. I never felt like he was rushing to see another patient, and he always took the time to answer any questions that I had. I will recommend him to any woman I know, whether they are going for an annual exam, or because they are pregnant.