Overall Review

January 29th, 2015
Dr Paul Smith and Bangor OBGYN
We have been disappointed with Bangor OB. Although each doctor and nurse on their own is pleasant to deal with, we saw different staff on almost every visit, rarely seeing or talking directly to Dr Smith. We found ourselves being scheduled for extra visits and weekly ultrasounds with no explanation and everyone we asked just shaking their heads unsure of why. We expressed to one person early on that we preferred to do things as naturally as possible, but later found ourselves being pressured to induce. When I pressed back on my wifes behalf Dr Smith looked right at me and asked me how many years OB experience I had. All I was doing was asking why he wanted to induce at 38 weeks and was scheduling an appointment without asking for our input or letting my wife and I discuss it. We will not return to Bangor OB in the future.

October 12th, 2012
Great Doctor!
Dr. Smith is the most caring doctor I have ever worked with. He helped me solve my problems quickly and really made me feel as though he cares about me and my concerns. The nurses are wonderful as well.

August 13th, 2012
Mrs.Tammy Trask
I was new to the state of maine when I first became a patient of Dr.Smiths.I was very impressed with the quality of care I received .The staff was always very courteous and accomidating as were the other Drs.in the practice.mith to anyone.

April 21st, 2012
very disapointed
my partner was drug tested without informed consent from a urine specimen. of course she came back negative, but it cost us hundreds of dollars because our insurance wouldn't pick up the whole bill for the multiple drugs they tested for. Very disapointed taking advantage new to be parents. Also he called my partners VAGINA a woo hoo, what kind of MD does that? Also he routinley delivers breached babies according to his staff. Dont go to this bozo