Some ratings provided by DrScore.
SINGLE MOST SKILLED GI/ABD SURGEON show details SINGLE MOST SKILLED GI/ABD SURGEON
by Susan G. on May 9th, 2015

I consider Dr. Nakazato to be the most skilled GI/abdominal surgeon in Tucson and, perhaps, all of Arizona. He used to head the transplant team at the UofA Medical Center, but left that for private practice. His bedside manner is warm, courteous, considerate, patient, and of course, most knowledgeable. I would very highly recommend Dr. Nakazato to anyone seeking an abdominal surgeon. He performed a Whipple Procedure on me, which is considered to be the single most complicated surgery that exists. The procedure takes about 10-12 hours the successful outcome of the surgery is highly dependent upon the skill level of the surgeon and the operative staff. I am now three years post op from the Whipple, which was performed to treat pancreatic cancer and will always be most grateful to Dr. Nakazato.

slant eye surgeon show details slant eye surgeon
Feb 24th, 2015

Very happy /w all aspects

Whipple Procedure show details Whipple Procedure
Apr 11th, 2012

A Whipple Procedure in described as the single, most difficult surgery that can be performed today. Dr. Nakazato performed this surgery on me about two months ago and I can only say he is the best. A gifted and extraordinary surgeon, he is second to none. I would trust him with any surgery and entrust any of my loved ones to his excellent and wise care! Dr. Nakazato loves to share knowledge and teach his patients and their families, yet he remains fully humble about his boundless knowledge and skills as a surgeon. He truly blessed my life and I will always be grateful to him! Susan Gorman

Tumor & Speen show details Tumor & Speen
Jan 15th, 2011

I was recently diagnosed with a tumor in my cancer. It was detected early when I had a CT for a respitory problem.Dr. Nakazato saw me in a short time after my gastroendonologist(Dr. F. Klein) recommended him.Dr. Nakazato reviewed my case and determined the tumor was resectable.The operation to resect the tumor and remove the spleen was successful.Dr. Nakazato took the time necessary to inform my wife and son of the operation.He was also very good about post operative care.His technique was excellant and I wouldcertainly recommend him.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Aug 18th, 2009

Dr Nakazato is very caring and takes the time to explain in detail the situation and diagnosis. He will answer all your questions and take as long a need be with you.

This MD walks on water! show details This MD walks on water!
by Kim E. "Tinker" Campbell on Feb 24th, 2009

I am an ICU nurse who worked with Dr. Nakazato and his patients did extremely well. I am also a patient who was turned down by other surgeons as being too difficult a surgical risk. I was in and out of the hospital with an overnight visit.

Jan 15th, 2009

Dr Nakazato is an incredibly great doc. He treated my child with the best bedside care any parent could ever want for their child. JKC