Dr. Paul Nitz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 12th, 2016
I tore my ACL in 2008. Dr. Nitz gave me a quick and accurate diagnosis. A handout was provided with specific surgical detail and rehab prognosis to read. We discussed which type of graft would work best for my age and activity level. After getting a ACL repaired with my hamstring my rehab was long but went well. I was able to return back to my active lifestyle without any further issues. Thank you Dr. Nitz

October 12th, 2016
What can you not say about him he is the BEST !!!!

November 4th, 2015
Good surgeon, below average communicator
Dr. Nitz was highly recommended to me. I knew I had shoulder issues that would likely necessitate surgery. After a brief appointment, Dr. Nitz recommended an arthroscopic procedure to "get in there and check things out." I was told I could return to work after a couple days and would experience minimal limitations. During the procedure, Dr. Nitz made extensive repairs to my shoulder. I did not receive any modified instructions, so I returned to work a few days later. It wasn't until my first rehab appointment a week later that I was told I should not have returned to work or driving due to the extent of the repairs. I was also told I could not lift anything more than 10 lbs for 6 months (unfortunate because I had a newborn at the time) or do simple activities like mowing or push-ups for 6 months - 1 year. Dr. Nitz successfully stabilized my shoulder. The rehab process was very long (~5 months) and arduous. Due to the extent of the repairs, my range of motion was reduced. In retrospect, I believe Dr. Nitz is an excellent surgeon. I suspect he is quicker to operate than others. I absolutely should not have agreed to surgery before having more information. I should have demanded a MRI or further testing, so Dr. Nitz and I both had an idea of the extent of the damage and necessary repair. I do think he is a below average communicator. I intentionally scheduled as many post-op appointments as possible with his PA. My appointments with him lasted less than 3 minutes on average in spite of complications. Bottom line: I think Dr. Nitz is a capable surgeon, but I will not be a repeat patient.

October 14th, 2013
Great, straight forward, honest, I'll do my job; then you do your re-hab
Dr Nitz knows when he can "do the job" and when to refer an individual to another doctor. Along with a number of other friends, ie Kitz supporters, I'd state that he is a premier orthopedic surgeon. If you read a review that degrades his skills, then I suggest that the patient did not or would not follow proper re-ha procedures. He has a great bedside manner, particularly if you are interested in your own well being. If you are there to seek excessive hand holding and time wasting, not necessary compassion, then go see your pastor. His job is to do his job well, not listen to your miscellaneous complaints! As I write this review, I am scheduling an appointment for a shoulder procedure. There is no question in my mind that Dr. Nitz will not perform his job well, enjoy a couple of explanations about the procedure and fully tell me as he told my wife..........plan on suffering through the beginning of the re-hab, there will be pain. The faster you work to over come the pain and stretch the muscles, the more quickly you will recover. He is not in charge of issues in his personal life, nor hospital scheduling. He is a human being, doing his job very well. Idiots complain about excellent service. Why? They do not understand their own short comings.

March 5th, 2013
I had surgery on my shoulder back in 2008. The physical therapy was rough, but that's to be expected. After 6 months of rehab I had full movement and 3 months later I was back to normal. I can understand some people's concerns about his demeanor. But I think it's for the best, sympathy isn't going to treat your problem. On a side note I think he was in the military. I would highly recommend Dr. Nitz. If I ever need a surgeon in the future it will be him.

February 12th, 2013
Lack of caring and follow through
I have a muscle tear in my left shoulder. on a scale of 1 through 10,Dr.Nitz said it was between a 7 and 8, and that I would get in in 10 days to 2 weeks for surgery. that turned into 10 weeks. time line is doable but when I call and say I am in bad pain( and can no longer get a cortisone shot) I am toldI oh well" take some strength tylenol extra strength tylenol

October 4th, 2011
PRAISE for Dr. Nitz
Totally satisfied with all phases of treatment from this doctor. Perhaps he may appear a little stern at times and some people apparently can't accept that but he does have your outcome in mind and that takes discipline to get you there. His care along with the therapy he recommends has made the healing of my rotor cuff surgery so successful that I have been dismissed from future office visits after 4 months. God bless this fine surgeon!

September 27th, 2011
I had been seeing Dr Nitz for several years and this last time I went in was the worst I had ever been treated in my life. I have had two surgeries done on my right knee for various problems and I'm still having problems from the last surgery. When I went into the office 6 mos after the last surgery for severe swelling, pain, and grinding of the knee I got blown off. I was told that it was better than before and to get over it. Dr Nitz didn't listen or answer any of my concerns or questions. I was very dissatisfied with his level of care and immediately got a second opinion. I was also charged an excessive amount to have my records sent to another doctor. I was told the only way I wouldn't be charged is if Dr Nitz sent me to this doctor. I will never be back!