Dr. Paul Norwood MD Patient Reviews

3.4
  • 30 reviews

September 1st, 2016
100% dependable
This straightforward and pleasant gentleman will listen to your concerns seriously. He is brilliant and voted the best endocrinologist in Fresno by his peers. He certainly fixed me. He is super busy but will always give you the time necessary. He enjoys people and he always makes me laugh.

November 17th, 2015
The most caring doctor I have been too. Thank you!! :o)

November 13th, 2015
my worst and best day, same day, in one office visit
Dr norwood was my dr for 5 years. Diagnosed me hypothyriodism and hypogonadism when I was 18. I moved to the central coast and continued seeing my current endocrinologist, wich is now looking at retirement and forcing me to look eleswhere, unfortunately.good doctors are hard to find. Paul c norwood comes to mind.the memory of him, my 2nd visit with him, almost 30 years ago, the worst day of my life and the best day of my life, or should I say ten minutes of my life. What norwood did was give a 18 yr old a chance at life and potentialy a long life, I am greatful. Intervention was needed.just going to the office wasnt good enough, norwood offered help but it was my choice and he knew he had to deliver it in a way that I would have no choice but to take what he was offering.norwood was kind, his words were straight forword, direct, to the point, he pulled no punches, he was honest. It is what it is, you are what you are, now what do you want to do about it? The truth hurts.even today, almost 30 yrs later, it still stings a little, but I needed it, I always wanted to thank him and I appreciate his sharp razor tongue, maybe I will one day. Reading the negative reviews, I think he is still worth the drive and most people dont like the truth and have a real problem with reality and theyre very sensitive.maybe to much copper and not enough zinc.

October 12th, 2015
Disappointed
I had seen Dr. Norwood before (2 years ago) and was happy with him until this visit. In less than 10 minutes he diagnosed me with depression. Gave me three prescriptions and told me I was in denial. I told him I was not interested and he told me to not be "chicken" to take the medicine and report back how I felt. I left and considered his diagnosis including discussing it with my therapist. Yes I have a therapist and no Dr. Norwood never asked me if I did. I think my therapist is more qualified to give this type of diagnosis than my thyroid doctor. I am not taking the prescriptions and am currently looking for a new thyroid doctor. Not sure why such an intelligent man would do what he did. I'm disappointed but have no time to focus on his behavior only on my response. I'm certain he is a qualified doctor but he is not a good fit for me. He may think this is denial I see it as logically assessing the situation - and choosing to move on.

June 4th, 2015
Greatest MD of all time
Greatest MD listens, is pleasant and will go the distance for you

March 17th, 2015
dr. Norwood may be a good doctor. In my case I was astonished to walk out with 4 prescriptions, two anti depressants, plus Ritalin and Xanax. Honestly, I told him I wasn't interested in any prescriptions,but he insisted,. My visit was for a biopsy on thyroid and I left with a diagnoisis of depression. I did not take anything he gave me and I'm fine. However I have not gotten the results of my biopsy. I went to him because he is so highly rated. Just be sure you make your own decisions when starting medication, Be educated!

March 12th, 2015
an experience i never forgot...
i was referred to dr. norwood sometime back in 2009 as a second opinion for a possible endocrine disorder. the memory of my appointment has lingered for years because, to this day, i have never had a more awful experience with a medical "professional". it has haunted me for years now & everytime i look back on it i cringe because of the blatent contempt & disrespect mr. norwood projected on me upon our meeting. i have never before come across someone so arrogant, judgmental, & condescending. please understand, this is not a melodramatic reaction simply spurred by my hurt feelings. i do my best to look objectively & fairly at any situation i come across & this has been no exception. this, from a woman who has never been described by anyone she has met as anything other than kind, courteous, & respectful. i think what sticks out most to me in my mind is the moment he walked into the exam room & laughed at me straight to my face because he could see that i had been quietly crying (on my own before he entered the room) out of fear & frustration over my symptoms. instead of understanding & empathy, i was made to feel rediculous & ridiculed for my audacity in seeking his help because he didn't consider my symptoms to be worthy of his time as a big-shot endocrinologist. my tears? according to him (after only 10 minutes of knowing me as new patient), i must be mentally ill. excuse me, what? i guess he missed the part where i told him i was scared & stressed because he was too busy laughing at me. i have tried to let it go over the years, but everytime i think of it it still makes my blood boil. i left his office no longer quietly crying, but at that point, sobbing as i couldn't comprehend the cruelty of a medical doctor to a 25-year-old girl in a vulnerable state such as that. i never returned, he offered no apologies. it's been about 6 years & i am since recovered (thanks to a couple other amazing specialists & one fantastic primary care!), but after seeing more physicians than most will ever see in their lives, this one visit still pops unwelcome into my mind every once in a blue moon. yes, it really was that appalling. i have never met someone like him & hope never to have the same misfortune again.

June 12th, 2014
Excellent doctor!
I have to admit, after reading the online reviews for Dr. Norwood, I was somewhat nervous about my appointment with him regarding thyroid issues. He asked me many questions and went over the results of all my tests with me in order to provide a diagnosis. I experienced none of the negative issues that others have reported. I even mentioned to him (truthfully) that I feel that I am overweight and he said my weight is fine. He did not bring up my sex life nor did he suggest that I need anti-depressants. I am very pleased to have been referred to Dr. Norwood, and I appreciate his 30 years of endocrinology experience. He was nothing but a gentleman and a very intelligent one at that. I am looking forward to my next appointment.

March 11th, 2014
Greatest doctor of all time
I have been Dr. Norwood's patient for over 20 years. I am 38 years of age now. He is my doctor in the real sense of the word. He is very kind, open, honest and kind. He is not afraid to make a close relationship. He is more than a doctor and I have his cell number and can call him anytime (rarely do). He is funny and we always have a laugh. He will go beyond what others do. If anyone complains about him, it is only because they can't handle the truth.

February 25th, 2014
I was referred to Dr Norwood to control my hypothyroidism while pregnant. After sitting and waiting for 2 hours, with 1 person ahead of me, he saw the person whom came after me first. He sat down, asked me 4 questions (which were all classic symptoms of hypothyroidism) and says I have postpartum depression from my son who is 15 months old. He continued to tell me how my parents are depressed and have been depressed their entire lives, because they smoke, and that I've inherited this depression. He continued to ask questions about my parents and criticize them to my face. He then dictated a letter to my OB right in front of me saying I need to be on antidepressants! I was appalled, as was my husband when I told him everything. I immediately called my OB about this and he will be finding me a new endocrinologist! This guy is a joke!!!! Do not go to him!!!!

December 29th, 2013
Dr. Norwood is quite arrogant. He thinks he knows everything and anyone who disagrees with him "is depressed". He is an endocrinologist which is apparently synonymous with psychiatrist and sex therapist. As long as you are willing to pay the money and show up for a visit, he will give you any medication you want, literally. His office staff is a joke. His "go-to" secretary is lazy and rude. When I contact the office, 90% of the time I get back office staff answering the phones. The NP in his office is the bright spot left in this office. Everything considered, I would avoid this office like the plague, unless you need a new drug doctor, then he's the man for you!

December 27th, 2013
horrible experience
I had a horrible experience similar to the other lady. After 27 years of provable diagnosed low thyroid & a multitude of hormone problems since my teens, Dr. Norwood refused to perform any physical tests on me. When I showed him pictures of my recent pregnancy of sextuplets, which I had just miscarried, he told me I was just fat & should see a psychiatrist...just like the other lady said in her review. He even went further on to say that I just "thought myself pregnant" & never really was. My husband was also very upset. Dr. Norwood suggested 2 psychiatric medicines for me but told my husband & I we should just toss a coin as he had a friend in psychiatry who did that. I then received care from a physician who gave me thyroid medication & also told me I was low progesterone, & prescribed me progesterone cream. I am fine now. This doctor is very unqualified & I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.