Dr. Paul Panzica MD Patient Reviews

October 13th, 2016
Amazing and caring physician

July 21st, 2016
finding a new MD
I had horrible stomach pains and he said everything looks fine and he gave me an antidepressant thinking it was in my head..... i went to a gastro Dr and had an upper and lower and found out it was colitis. I had a planters wart on my foot and he prescribed an immunotherapy cream that did nothing at all for the 2 months i tried it. i went in to a dermatologist and got it taken off in one treatment of freezing and he said that cream Dr Panzica gave me would not work on the thicker skin on your foot it more used for genital warts bc its thinner skin. I have been a patient for 5 years and needed to get in for a physical two weeks before testing for my job and they could not squeeze me in so i had to pay to go to an urgent care. My daughter had pneumonia and we didn't find out for 5 days after going in for an x-ray right after the appt and the hospital faxed the results over right after. for pediatrician Dr. Tortoriello out of Silver Cross or Dr. Jercinovic in Shorewood. I am currently looking for a new doctor for myself.

October 16th, 2012
Gets sick kids in
Dr. Paul has been my children's Dr since they were born. You might have to wait if you need certain times, but if I call in the morning I can always get my sick kids seen the same day!Great bedside manner, doesn't talk down to the kids, but makes sense to us parents too.

September 3rd, 2012
Great Doctor!!!
This doctor is amazing!!! He takes time with each and every patient and even calls back labs himself! I have never seen a doctor put in so much personal care and effort. My husband, my kids and myself will always be a patient of Dr Paul!

August 18th, 2012
Devoted and attentive
My impression was that he was willing do do anything that needed for me, but wasn't interested in wasting my time and money with unnecessary test, which he explained to me. I wouldn't normally post this review, except I see some others on here that stand in stark contrast to my experience. I have very much appreciated my time with Dr Panzica and would definitely recommend him to friends and family.

March 14th, 2012
I need a new Dr.
I am not vey fond of his "lets keep an eye on it theory " . Brushes off any and all new symtoms you tell him about . He is very forgetful ! does not take the time to consult with other Drs. / specialists that he refers me to . He sent me to a surgen to have surgery done and when I went in for my follow up Appt . He claimed he had no idea I had surgery . No follow up care and my symtoms are getting worse .
Doctor's Response

Because Dr. Panzica does not limit to referring to specialists within a certain network, but to physicians and surgeons whom he respects, they are sometimes on staff at different hospitals. Unfortunately, the only way Dr. Panzica becomes aware of any surgeries a patient has had is IF the specialist contacts him or provides him with a consult note, which does not always happen. If a patient informs us prior to the visit of whom they were seen by, we always try to contact the specialist for the specific information if the specialist has not provided it. We are extremely apologetic for the seeming lapse in care.

February 6th, 2012
Great follow-up!
Dr. Panzica spent a lot of time with me after I explained my symptoms and after bloodwork he did NOT make me come back just to hear results or have someone else call me--he phoned me personally on my results, indicated what it implied for me, instructed me what to do and gave instructions for follow-up. I am always able to get my children in same-day when sick and they love going to see "Dr. Paul"; love his new location and reliable staff!

June 1st, 2010
Nice doctor but don't reccommend for developmental disorders
Dr. Panzica is a very nice doctor and I liked him. My first son is healthy and typical in every way. Unfortunately my second son did not develope "normally" when I repeatedly bought my concerns about my second son's development to him he dismissed me and told me not to compare. The last time I saw him my son was almost 3 and I told him I was worried my son might have autism. He again told me not to worry that some boys develope slower than others besides a diagnosis of autism can not be made until a child is at least 5 years old. A couple of weeks later when Dr. Panzica was on vacation I had to take my son to another pediatrician. After observing my son during the appointment he recommended seeing a specialist at Children's Hope. Had Dr. Panzicia taken my concerns more seriously I would have sought more aggressive treatment 2 years earlier. My son has classic autism and would have benefited from early intervention had Dr. Panzica realised what was going on.

January 14th, 2009
patient and colleague
My family and I have been patients of Dr. Panzica for many years. He is excellent Doctor to have. I know this because I am a Professional Registered Nurse. He is thorough and concern. His follow-up care is astronomical, something that I rarely see. I rest assured that my family's health is in good hands.

December 17th, 2016