Dr. Paul Papierski MD Patient Reviews

• Surgery of the Hand Oakbrook Terrace, IL

February 12th, 2015
shoulder success
I was referred to Dr. Papierski because of my debilitating shoulder pain. They x-rayed my shoulder in their office, and then Dr. P examined my shoulder. He thought it was probably rotator cuff impingement and recommended physical therapy. I used their therapists and had 8 sessions of physical therapy. The pain is almost completely gone and I now have normal shoulder mobility. I am very happy with this outcome.

August 28th, 2013
Do NOT see this doctor!
I was given Dr. Papierski's name to follow-up with after a finger fracture. I was told he was located less than 10 minutes from my home. When I called to make an appointment, I was told he was only at the location closest to me one day per week and that I would have to wait 2 weeks to see him if I chose that location. So I opted for a location about 35 minutes from my home (Schaumburg area) and had to wait 3 days from the day I called to make the appointment. I got there 15 minutes early, filled out the required paperwork and then waited (with my 7 year old daughter) for almost 3 HOURS to see the doctor. When I was finally seen, the doctor did not have access to my xrays from the hospital and he simply splinted and taped up my broken finger, and did an xray with the splint on to see if it was stable. My finger was broken nearly in half through the top joint, and I also had 2 bone chips. Dr. Papierski recommended immediate physical therapy and that I keep the flimsy splint on for 6+ weeks. I never followed up with this doctor. I am on medicaid, and feel I was not properly treated due to that. I had decided to just leave the finger and let it heal on its own. I subsequently slammed it in a door and ended up back in the ER. I went to a different hospital out of fear that I would be referred back to Dr. Papierski. I was referred to another doctor who saw me the same day I called to make my initial appointment. He reviewed my hospital xrays which he had on file and suggested surgery. He offered to splint or cast it but told me that due to the severity of the injury, it would probably NOT heal without surgery. I opted for surgery and had it the very next morning. I am now one day post-op and am very pleased with the other doctor I saw (so far). This doctor and his staff have too many patients and his staff seems very unknowledgable. I would NOT recommend him to ANYONE no matter how minor the injury.

January 21st, 2013
highly skilled surgeon, cured my carpel tunnel syndrome
Dr. Papierski took the time to explain everything before my surgery, and answered all my questions. He is very compassionate and caring. I would recommend anyone suffering from carpel tunnel syndrome to see Dr. Papierski, he is an excellent doctor..

February 25th, 2009
doesnt know what hes talking about