Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul Pontier
Dr. Paul Pontier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chesapeake, VA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pontier is affiliated with Chesapeake Regional Medical Center, Sentara Leigh Hospital and Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center. Dr. Pontier has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul Pontier has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Dr. Paul Pontier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesapeake, VA.
Dr. Jennifer Wheaton
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Internal Medicine
Chesapeake, VA 0 mi14
Dr. Naveen Akkina
Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, Sleep Medicine
Chesapeake, VA 0 mi13
Dr. Danielle Castillo
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Internal Medicine, General Practice
Chesapeake, VA 0 mi9