Dr. Paul Gause MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Scottsdale, AZ

January 7th, 2016
took the time to understand the issues and very attentive

October 22nd, 2015
My back never felt better.

June 23rd, 2015
Patient
I honestly cannot say enough great things about Dr. Gause. He diagnosed my disc herniation with spinal cord compression, and got my treated immediately. He is a genuinely kind, and a highly skilled surgeon. A rare find! I would recommend him to any family or friend who needed care.

February 20th, 2015
Complaint
My complaint is with his surgery schedule employee, Heather, at The Spine Institute of Arizona. I had my appointment with Dr. Gause on 2--3-15. They said I would get a call to schedule my lumbar surgical procedure. There is no patient follow up from this office. After repeated calls to Heather I have still not been scheduled as of 2-20-15. I have had my insurance, Humana, contact her directly to advise no authorization is needed for my procedure. She has been advised that she is not to go through orthonet for my plan with Humana. Yet, I still have not been called for scheduling. I have never been treated so poorly as a patient before. Dr. Gause needs his staff to be educated! They have my insurance contact information and my primary physician to contact if they do not know how to process through my insurance company. I am still awaiting scheduling after my 7 calls to Heather and my message I left on voice mail for the doctor himself. It's a shame that patients in pain need to suffer additionally because of an incompetent staff.

August 13th, 2012
Dr Gause is ok...his office is HORRIBLE
As the title says...Dr. Gause is ok I guess. He spent a little bit of time hearing my issues and checked a few things, jumping to a few conclusions, and ultimately deciding an MRI was needed to make any accurate diagnosis. Fine...I am ok with that. However, his staff there is horrendous. No explanation of what the next steps were. No follow up. I called and left messages a few times...no callbacks. I would avoid this office at all costs...they simply don't care for their patients the way they should. Doctors and other staff were joking around with one another, totally oblivious to their patients around them. 1 star for this office because 0 wasn't available.

June 29th, 2012
I have never had a doctor spend as much time with me as Dr. Gause. He went over everything..answered all of my questions and concerns and even explained the MRI to me and showed me where my problem was and explained all the medical terms to me in laymens terms. Very kind and very caring and extremely thorough.

August 27th, 2011
Highly recommend Dr Gause
I had a lumbar laminectomy and was only in the hospital overnight. I did have recurring pain a few times early after the surgery. Dr Gause took my symptoms seriously and helped me through the recovery process. Although he had made contingent plans if the pain persisted, it did go away and has not returned. I highly recommend Dr. Gause.

October 6th, 2010
Thank you Dr. Gause!
I cannot say enough nice things about Dr. Gause, his attentiveness, caring bedside manner and his honesty and patience explaining my condition and my options to me. I was suffering low back pain for many years and I finally knew I needed to see someone about it. My PCP referred me to Dr. Gause saying "he is a wonderful physician and surgeon". Dr. Gause took the time to explain to me my condition and about the surgery I would be recieving. I couldnt believe how amazing the minimally invasive technology was. I was only in the hospital for 2 days and was back to my normal everyday activities after 2 weeks. I was truly terrified of having to get back surgery, until I met Dr. Gause. He is a very special doctor and surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone who has back pain. I would also like to say that everyone there at the Spine Institute is truly wonderful and helpful, not something you expect from a doctors office.