Dr. Paul Reilly MD Patient Reviews

December 28th, 2016
I was a patient for a year. I thought he was running racket there, with the money. I thought he was a quack, to many rules. His therapy groups were a nightmare, all he did was talk about himself. He treated you like you had the plague. When you arrived at his office you had to wait for him to open the door, so you couldn't see who left out the other door. Signed dissatisfied

January 9th, 2016
Dr. Reilly has helped my greatly with my anxiety and I would recommend him to anyone I know if they were in need of a psychiatrist. He is able to see new patients quickly. Group therapy may seem like a turn off to some people, I was leery about it at first myself, but it has proven to be very helpful. Dr. Reilly has years of experience and he knows what works. I'm glad I decided to stick with it because I feel much more confident and less anxious now.

September 17th, 2015
If you are looking for a doctor to sit with you for an hour and tell you the psychological crap that most psychiatrists overcharge for then go somewhere else. Group and Individual therapy sessions are a safe, honest environment. Dr. Riley will not sugar coat and can seem insensitive at times, but it is usually in a joking manner and not meant to be serious. Although many of his tactics are unconventional, I have had experiences with conventional therapy and know firsthand that Dr. Riley knows what he is doing and will help you if you let him.

August 26th, 2015
the best
have been his patient for over 15 yrs. he is the best.

June 9th, 2015
the humanity
Even the Best psychiatrists can misdiagnose and overprescribe. Human nature is a troubling condition. Pathways to health require personal patience and perseverance. Group therapy has assisted with getting along with others while navigating the complexities of modern life. If you're not with Dr. Reilly's program, chances are you're with a lot of other programs. Many doctors are overwhelmed and doing a much worse job. The cost effectiveness of seeing Dr. Reilly is not bothering me too much. Dr. Reilly uses very talented tools of observation when working with his patients. Group therapy is an interesting method of delaying a too hasty diagnosis, followed by a too hasty administration of meds.

May 20th, 2015
Best Psychiatrist in VA
Dr Reilly can be very unconventional, but he is caring and dedicated to providing excellent psychiatric care. When I first went to see him two years ago, I was depressed, anxious, and agoraphobic. I have a long history of suffering with the aforementioned problems, and have seen a plethora of psychiatrists and committed myself a few times in psych hospitals. I was so anxious for our first appointment, I could not drive and Dr. Reilly picked me up for my appointment. Over the past two years, my entire life has changed. I am content, on minimal medication and have improved as a person overall. Dr. Reilly can be brutally honest, but he will push you to reach your full potential. If you are looking to see a psychiatrist, you most likely suffer from similar symptoms as I have and still sometimes do. You can't expect to see a doctor and have your life fixed. It requires hard work, and Dr. Reilly creates structure and expectations to help you achieve the best you emotionally. Dr. Reilly does use regular group therapy for treatment, which is not normally conventional, but it is very effective. It's comforting seeing the same anonymous faces every week and sharing an experience and journey to improvement. It may seem like he asks a lot of you, but he is also the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. He has picked up my phone calls late at night, seen me at a moments notice, and changed my entire view on life. Please consider calling this doctor. As long as you are willing to put forth some effort, you will not regret it.

March 12th, 2014
Dr. Reilly is effective only with persons who at least acknowledge the fact that learned codependent behaviors affect every relationship. He takes you from where you are and improves your self-esteem until you are individually healthy. I came to Dr. Reilly to help my marriage of 37 years. In less than 2 months he has taken me from hopelessness to great expectations for my future.

January 28th, 2014
Dr. Reilly isn't your run-of-the-mill doctor. He's easily accessible, responsive, and bends over backwards for patients. He doesn't beat around the bush, and as a result may come off as brash at first. He's serious about helping patients getting better, not simply feeling better.

January 15th, 2014
Great therapist, if you are willing to put in your fair share.
There are so many negative reviews, which I view as very unfair to Dr. Reilly. He has saved my life. I went from being a depressed, anxious alcoholic to having more self esteem, and not drinking at all in less than a year. I am doing better in my job and my marriage. He is not a Dr. for those of you who want to be told only what you want to hear, and be treated like a child. If you want to be treated like an adult and get healthy, come see him.

January 7th, 2014
patient for a day
I would not recommend this doctor. He tends to lump everyone with every problem together for group therapy. I feel he does this for $$$$$. If one has a problem, others sith the same problem could help. I was not impressed and never went back. His office was a mess and not organized at all. COULD NOT GIVE HIM ZERO STARS.

November 28th, 2013
Very effective methods
Dr. Reilly will see you very quickly and his response time is second to none. He does group therapy which I have found to be much more effective versus individual counseling. My self esteem raised very quickly under his care and my behaviors are much more healthy. It's very difficult to find a therapist this good. It's worth the time and could truly turn your life around.

June 7th, 2013
no.. just no
I felt wrangled in like a herd of cattle and used to help other people in the circle while he just cashed in and mediated. I paid to resolve my issues, not solve everyone elses in the groups, I didnt need a healthy mother father figure ( which he would refer to himself as), i needed to get on with my life..