Psychiatrists

1521 Higuera St
Ste F
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
805-544-1521
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Great Doc  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

Dr. Remis is an extremely trustworthy and caring Psychiatrist that goes the extra mile to help me with my challenges. I would recommend him to anyone that needs help. His staff is extremely helpful and easy to access for appointments. I feel lucky to work with Dr. Remis as a patient.

|  Dr. Paul Remis  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

Dr. Remis has changed my life in many ways. I don't know what I'd do without him. He's more than just a psychiatrist to me, he's a mentor. He has worked with me for over 6 years through the good and the bad, and he has made me a better person than what I could have become without the correct mediation. He's cautious, yet sure of himself. He's never put me in the wrong direction when it comes to medication and he puts his clients first. An incident happened a few years back I ended up in an ER room due to an overdose, and dr. Remis was there by my bedside at 1AM. I can honestly say this man has saved my life and has done so much more. He's the best there is.

|  Editorial review from Citysearch  |  show details
    by sarag170054110 at Citysearch on Jul 25th, 2012 on citysearch.com

Dr. Remis has changed my life in many ways. I don`t know what I`d do without him. He`s more than just a psychiatrist to me, he`s a mentor. He has worked with me for over 6 years through the good and the bad, and he has made me a better person than what I could have become without the correct mediation. He`s cautious, yet sure of himself. He`s never put me in the wrong direction when it comes to medication and he puts his clients first. An incident happened a few years back I ended up in an ER room due to an overdose, and dr. Remis was there by my bedside at 1AM. I can honestly say this man has saved my life and has done so much more. He`s the best there is.

Apr 30th, 2012

I would challenge anyone to find a better Doc.

|  What a phony!  |  show details
    Dec 27th, 2011

I wish I had been wiser, but I wasted 4 years trusting and confiding in this guy. I agree with everything the "worst doctor ever" reviewer said. I've had the same experiences. The first week I saw him he prescribed a $200 bottle of meds. The meds were no good for me so he demanded to keep them; essentially stealing $200. Years later he falsely accused me of stealing meds from his drawer. I had to go through the stress of defending myself for a whole week. That is, until he rembered that he actually gave those missing meds to another paitent! He is completley in the pocket of the drug company reps. He got angry when I refused certian meds he was pushing. He would regularly answer his cell phone mid-session and make me wait while he fumbled about trying to accomodate the caller (after making me wait 30 minutes in the waiting room, of course). After 4 years I can honestly say the guy still hardly knew me. He had a professional telephone receptionist when I started, but now he employs his incompetent daughters to handle all the billing and scheduling. He'll try to squeeze every dime out of you and your insurance. One week he was saying, "I think you could use more therapy". The very next week he got word from my insurance that they wanted to limit the allowable number visits for the following year. Concequently, he dropped me as a paitent like a hot potato!

|  Finally! Dr. Remis is the most intellligent doctor I have seen  |  show details
    Oct 6th, 2011

I have a rare condition that is not easily diagnosed. Dr. Remis has cared for me and let me know that he cares about my well being without mincing words. He is a straightshooter with a giant amount of compassion. He is not a cookie cutter doctor - he wants to understand me and develop and understanding of how I will best respond to treatment. Of the over 50 doctors I have seen in the past 10 years he is without question the only one that gets it and knows what he is doing and how to treat patients! His practice was an amazing find and a bright light in our community.

Apr 5th, 2011

Dr. Remis has been wonderful. He made a very accurate diagnoses and has worked with me to help me understand ways to help me realize when I am not doing well. I am on meds which has helped so much. Without doctor approval, I tried to go off the meds and all my problems came back. I went back on the meds and the problems went away. Dr. Remis has been such an amazing help for me.

|  The best kind of Doctors!  |  show details
    Mar 14th, 2011

Dr Remis and his wife Dr. Briggs have treated my family with sincere love and care. I work as a psychiatric professional and wish all the Doctors I work with were like these two. I give them both my highest recomendation!

Jan 14th, 2011

Dr. Paul Remis is a really great psychiatrist. He is the nicest, most kind person to speak to whenever you have mental issues such as depression. He is understanding and very caring. I definitely like going to see him and getting help from him.

|  Best Psychiatrist I have had  |  show details
    by PinkDiva09 at Citysearch on Jan 14th, 2011 on citysearch.com

There is much to say about Dr. Remis. He is a great psychiatrist that cares about his patients deeply and spends plenty of time with them. I am amazed at what he has done for me in the past years, and I regret not having him for one or so when I moved to another city. He is definitely the best psychiatrist I could ever have, and would definitely recommend him to anyone who needed therapy. All I can say is good about him, because he has helped me out much through my ordeal. He is a great psychiatrist that is very caring and understanding of his patients. Thank-you Dr. Remis!

Nov 25th, 2010

He is the best psychiatrist and therapist I have ever worked with. He works with me for a whole hour each night and we work on actual problems. He's very unique, in the best way. He actually seems to care about making his patients better.

Sep 25th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Remis for about ten years. I have recommended him to friends and co-workers. Dr. Remis provides good professional care with humanity. I have without a doubt a better quality of life since seeking treatment from Dr. Remis. Why see the same doctor for ten years? He is really good at his job.

|  Professional Care and Compassion  |  show details
    by lamontagnelososos at Citysearch on Sep 25th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I have been seeing Dr. Remis close to ten years. I consider myself lucky to find such good care. Dr. Remis has a true professional humanity towards his patients. I have recommended him to friends and co-workers. Therapy is helpful during a challenging period in one`s life. You have to be able to trust your doctor. Dr. Remis has helped me through some pretty tough times. What have I taken away from this experience Dr. Remis is a kind person who provides good professional care.

|  non-professional  |  show details
    by matilda on Sep 22nd, 2010

this doctor has admitted under perjury of court that he has no expertise in psychiatric conditions such as Bi-Polar, Dissociative disorder and Borderline personality disorder

Aug 30th, 2010

this doctor gives away other patients medications

Aug 20th, 2010

Dr remis is a unique and special person. He does things his own way and it is innovative and intelligent. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is confused on what is going on in their life. If only i could find out more about what is going on in his head...

|  worst doctor ever  |  show details
    by lisalangere at Citysearch on Aug 6th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Dr Remis will collect and give out unused portions of OTHER patients medications to different patients. He grossly over bills your insurance. He breaks privacy issues with anyone that he pleases..and he makes promises to patients that he never keeps.... I trusted this doctor for 8 years with my life and now I find out he was just making money off of me. He is about as bad as the men who raped me as a child when it comes to meaning what he says and saying what he means.... oh yeah.. and if your too boring in his office he falls asleep! Friends tried to get me to leave him years ago.... but.. I TRUSTED AND BELIEVED IN HIM... because I was the patient and HE was the doctor...

Mar 12th, 2009

I have seen several psychiatrists. Dr Remis is one of the most insightful, well informed psychiatrist I have yet to meet. After 15 years of suffering a dabilitating illness, Dr Remis rediagnosed my condition and I found resolve. His inquisitive, thoughtful consultations lend to real resolve and relief. He is an exceptional physician.

Jan 6th, 2009

Used Dr Remis 23 years ago and we still talk about how good he was handling our daughter's problems. Friends that know what our daughter went through and what our family endured refer us now to their friends having similar problems. They want to know who we went to and what we did because she turned out so well. The lessons we learned from Dr. Remis were invaluable. He is a one of a kind Psychiatrist. All of us are very thankful to him and lucky that he took us as patients. He is not in our part of the country now, and it is our loss.

|  Best DR. Ever  |  show details
    by Joels562 at Citysearch on Aug 6th, 2008 on citysearch.com

He is a good dude. Best DR. ever, helped me and my family for several years. I wish I could find someone just like him in Seattle

by Joels562 on Aug 6th, 2008 on citysearch.com