Dr. Paul Reynolds MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Campbell, CA

July 14th, 2016
The Best Pain- Relief Profesional
Dr. Reynolds probably saved my life. This is hard for someone who doesn't live in pain to understand, but being able to go to a doctor and not have to beg for them to understand how you feel, is such a relief. He is a wonderful, compassionate, professional doctor.

July 30th, 2013
I was a patient of Dr. Reynolds for 4 years. When he left the Bay Area Pain and Wellness Center, I foolishly followed him. During the summer of 2011, I received a registered letter from him stating that he felt he could no longer treat me. When I called the office to see what the problem was I was told by his wife that he would not speak with me. She informed me that the reason I was being "fired" as a patient was because I was misusing/overusing one of my narcotics. However, I was simply following the instructions on the bottle - which I still have - and it was being refilled on a regular basis when my insurance company allowed for it. It took me 8 eight months before I found a new pain management physician. So obviously I was not addicted to pain pills. I asked Dr. Reynolds' office to send me my records, so that I could share them with my new doctor. What I read absolutely appalled me! The numerous lies in the letters he sent to my family doctor were unfathomable. I was seeing Dr. R for fibromyalgia and chronic migraine syndrome. I would see him every few months and he would give me prescriptions for numerous meds (Vicodin, benzos, sleeping pills, Fioricet just to name a few) with multiple refills. He never offered any other options for treatment and/or pain elimination other than popping pills. His letters did not adequately reflect the scripts that he gave me. He didn't trust me and had a CURE report run on me, to ensure that he was the only doctor I was receiving opiates from. He always reported that my gait was normal, but he failed to mention the time I fell flat on my face as I was leaving the building. A kind person witnessed my fall and brought the doctor and his wife out to help me. I could have sued him, but I am not litigious. My headache doctor in Philadelphia suggested that I try a new drug for Fibromyalgia called Savella, when I complained about the terrible side effects of Lyrica. Dr. Reynolds was reluctant to prescribe it for me because he knew very little about it. I thought this man could treat Fibromyalgia. That is what he states on this site! He should be up on current meds, shouldn't he? He reported that I reeked of cigarette smoke, but never did he tell me that smoking cessation would help with the fibromyalgia pain. In fact, he never mentioned my smoking to me (although his notes do not reflect that). He claims that he strongly advised me to seek out the help of a physical therapist and psychologist, but he never told me any of this! He suggested that I purchase a specific book to help me and I went to Barnes and Noble with the express purpose of buying the book. However, after the customer service agent looked it up in the system, I was informed it did not exist. He never met with me for more than 10 minutes, although some of the letters purport he spent 25 or 30 minutes with me. When he listed the medications I was taking he didn't know the difference between Thorazine and chlorpromazine. It's the same drug - chlorpromazine is the generic tablet form of Thorazine. He didn't believe that I was exercising when it was physically possible. Nor did he understand that I could still be having pain in my legs even though I was regularly exercising. I complained about sleeping issues at every visit (I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep), but he obviously didn't believe me. I told him that I needed at least 8 hours of decent sleep to avoid a migraine (anyone who knows anything about migraine knows that sleep deprivation triggers a migraine). He basically assumed that I was scamming him for drugs. But that was the only solution he was providing me with. Now that I have found a new and better pain management physician, I have learned that there are actual procedures that can be done to eliminate the frequency and severity of my migraines. In the first three weeks of his treatment, he used a refined method of occipital nerve blocks, which helped tremendously. He also suggested pulsed radiofrequency ablation. He was also the first physician to tell me that smoking cessation would help reduce the Fibromyalgia pain. He provides me with the scripts I need, but the new treatments he is implementing means I do not need to use the drugs as frequently. He also has me on a new prophylactic drug regiment. Dr. Reynolds was lazy and obviously a compulsive liar, based on the information I read in his letters. I was hurt and angry when he first dismissed me. But now I am grateful that he forced me to find a new and better physician.

January 23rd, 2013
Really like Dr Reynolds
I am new to Pain Management, and I really enjoy my time with Dr. Reynolds; we are exploring alternative options together, while at the same time he is treating my pain with traditional medication. His goals are my goals, to avoid long term opiate usage.