Dr. Paul Roemer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Roemer?

August 13th, 2016

He has new staff and I'm not too sure about them yet.

February 23rd, 2011

HORRIBLE DOCTOR!!!!

An appointment with DR. PAUL ROEMER today, was ABSOLUTELY THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A DOCTOR! My elderly father has been his patient for several years, and I took him there for follow up after he was released from the hospital after having suffered a stroke. We had an 11am appointment and after a pleasant and patient wait in the front waiting room, and a short visit with a congenial and helpful nurse, we got in to see the doctor at noon - the time that my father was scheduled to take an insulin shot. The doctor didn't want him to take the shot and was rude to my mother when she insisted. As she was preparing it, he very gruffly told her twice not to point the needle in his direction. (She wasn't!) It only took a moment for him to take his shot.Then Dr. Roemer was very nasty and rude when asking questions. I finally said "Please, let's not make this any more unpleasant than it needs to be." He asked me to leave the room. When I told him that I needed to be there to help my parents, he said, "I won't talk to them as long as you're here." I got up to follow him to tell him that I would wait in the waiting room.When I asked the nurse where he was, she said that he had grabbed his coat and left the building leaving my ailing father sitting dumbfounded in his office. The nurse was a temp filling in for his regular nurse who had called in sick today. She told us that he wasn't angry at us but with her and that he had been difficult to work with all day.Evidently he treats his staff as badly as he does his patients as he has gone through 3 or 4 nurses in the past year. My parents are some of the most honest, patient and kind people that you would ever care to meet. To treat them as badly as he did today is totally unconscionable, unprofessional and unwarranted. His staff issues should have never affected our visited. With all the great doctors in the DuBois area, I'm surprised that Dr. Roemer is able to maintain a practice. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone! Do yourself a favor and find another internist.

February 22nd, 2011