Internist
876 New Leicester Hwy
Ste 3
Asheville, NC 28806
828-683-9540
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by G. Steven Barger on Mar 25th, 2014

Dr. Chang is one of the best doctors I have ever had. His bed side manner an ability to explain what is going on with respect to my health is excelent. He is very thorough in his examination an accurate in his diagnosis. I would highly recommend him to my friends or any one in need of a doctor.

|  Poor  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2013

We are switching doctors because he moved and also because every time we went we saw his assistant not Dr, Chang. I have tried for a month to get medical records and it's one excuse after another. I would not recommend this doctor nor his staff, Wait time is long and trying to get a call back is impossible also.

|  Patient for 23 years.  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2013

Dr. Paul Chang has been my personal physician for over 23 years. He is an exceptional diagnostician. He has overseen my care with a true personal interest in my state of health. I value him as not only my caretaker-------but my friend. Appreciate the care he has provided to me over all these years.

|  Horrifying Staff  |  show details
by Ms. Kendall on Jul 5th, 2013

The staff at this doctors office is by far the worst I have ever encountered. I have never been so disgusted that I felt the need to write a review to warn other unsuspecting patients. You aren't even greeted with a smile or hello when you enter, the staff is extremely short and rude. The lady who draws blood has the personality of a dry log. The nurse was more knowledgable than the NP I encountered. I basically diagnosed myself, and prescribled my own medications, she seemed to literally have no clue what was going on. At my follow up visit, which I seriously debated on going to, they informed me that I had a diagnosis ,which had never been discussed with me, and that I had been taking medication for said diagnosis. (NEVER happened) Wow is really all I can say, I am extremely surprised this office is still in business. I wouldn't take a stray rat to this office. Save yourself the trip.

Oct 4th, 2012

I wonder if Dr. Chang is really aware of what his office staff is doing? I have sat in his waiting room, WAITING LONG PERIODS OF TIME & observed the phone ringing & going to voicemail while desk staff is socializing &/or filing their findernails &/or looking at photos, etc. AND EVERY TIME I CALL, I have to leave a message, no one EVER answers the phone. Dr. Chang is very knowledgable BUT his staffing choices are forcing me to choose a new family care physician.

|  grossly substandard  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2010

Dr. C kept me waiting for an appt 50 minutes. He was brusk, patronizing, wanting to do lots of tests, which I refused since I didn't need them, lost the medical information I gave him. His associate asked me to spell my syndrome; she had no idea what I was talking about--though I provided a synopsis of my condition. (Said didn't know where it went.) The staff is distracted, substandard, likely paid very little

by LMS on Mar 10th, 2010

A doctor who is very careing and is willing to spend time with his patients.It's a nice change to see a doctor and not feel like they are rushing you so they can see (and bill) another patient.

|  New Patients  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2009

I was told that Dr. Chang was taking new patients, I called on 9/11/09 and left a message,I was contacted by his staff on 09/14/09 and he was taking new patients,she asked me on the phone the medications that I was taking,I gave her the medications that I am currently on. She needed no more information, stated that Dr. Chang bases his decision on the medications that you take, not anything else. I never heard back, so I contacted their office today and spoke with the same person, she told me that she called and left a message that he would not be able to take me as a new patient. No one from that office called and left me a message! I do not understand how a doctor can or why he would make a decision on only the medications that you are taking. What has happen to a doctor's oath? It took almost 2 weeks to find out what"his decision" was and I had to contact them. I have heard that he is a good doctor, but the staff is not so good. I am glad that I found this out about this doctor and his staff and am now glad that I wasn't chosen to be his patient!!!!

|  Highly Qualified and Caring Physician !!!!!!!  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2008

Exceptional diagnostician-----With a caring attitude. By far-----the finest physician with whom I have ever been a patient.