Dr. Paul Collins MD Patient Reviews

• Vascular Surgery Saint Petersburg, FL

3.6

July 26th, 2016
Rude and uncaring
First I find it funny that no one has posted any possitive commets since 2013! The staff here is so unprofessional and rude to say the least. The Dr. Is very uncaring. Spends less then 5 mins with you each visit just to say well there is nothing I can do, and walks out !!! And there has been several visits to this dr. No explanation or suggestions on who to see. And his staff....wow so rude !!! Find someone else !!

July 23rd, 2016
Not a good experience
Maybe this doctor was excellent but I was treated horrifically. On my first visit, his attitude seemed caring and helpful. Second visit, took an hour to see him. When I finally got to see him, it was 2 minutes for him to coldly and callously tell me that he couldn't help me, instead of discussing my condition and taking even a moment to explain why not. Then abruptly walked out of the room leaving me to digest the situation. Maybe it is time for this doctor to retire because from some of the later comments here, it seems his attitude is not that of someone who actually cares about his patients state of mind at a tumultuous and trying time in their life. Now, I am forced to seek another doctor who can, at the very least, give me more information about my situation rather than leaving me completely in the dark.. What a waste of time and money. If you go to this doctor don't expect much empathy from him because it appears he is all wrapped up in himself.

July 9th, 2016
about 2 or three years ago I had a hernia operation by Dr Collins. I have to have the repair repaired. I was assured several months after that the bulge and burning were normal. It never abated but i got similar feedback from my primary care doctor. last year my Gastro got concerned about it, but said it could wait since I had a lot of pain for two weeks (not done laprascopically). During a recent hospitalization for a volvulus . The PA pointed to the bulge and asked, "what's that?" I was referred to a different surgeon for colon resection and he said he had to repair the repair at the same time. Therefore the resect cannot be done laparoscopically. I was not going to comment but I do not feel Dr Collins has "Mad Skills" and am very upset about the redo so soon after the original surgery.

May 9th, 2016
Dr Paul Collins uncaring
My experience with this "doctor" was vey poor the God complex and lack of listening and caring was overwhelming- he has been replaced and I suggest you do the same

December 17th, 2015
Bedside manner
Though this doctor may have mad skills, his bedside manner is horrific!!

January 8th, 2015
Dr. Collins saved my life when he repaired an abdominal aneurysm, and I am forever grateful. He's the best in the business!!

September 25th, 2013
Patients Concerns
Talking about my concerns with Dr Paul Collins was such a nice experience. I never thought doctors could be this kind and very understanding.

April 24th, 2013
Carotid Surgery
I had surgery last month to remove the plaque from my cartoid artery (carotid endarterectomy). Dr. Collins did a great job - the surgery was no big deal, and the recovery was much faster than I thought it would be. I was back on the golf course in just over a month. I am very grateful that Dr. Collins is my surgeon.

February 28th, 2013
appendicitis surgery
Today I had to meet up with Dr. Collins at his clinic in St. Petersburg to see how my wounds are after the appendicitis surgery. Doing great. Dr. Collins is an excellent surgeon.

February 7th, 2013
I’m really thankful that a friend of mine recommended Dr. Collins for my deep vein thrombosis treatment. He was really brilliant in what he’s doing. He really makes you feel that everything will be alright during the treatment.

January 25th, 2013
Appendicitis
Dr. Collins was the physician who assisted me when I had my appendix complications before. He and his hospital workforce provided outstanding care. Dr. Collins’ competence allowed my folks to feel comfortable that all aspects of care were provided appropriately.

November 21st, 2012
Dr. Collins saved me when my appendix ruptured. If he had not done the surgery immediately, I could have died that day. Thank you Dr. Collins!