Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
by Shefke on Apr 8th, 2016

Performed a difficult surgery that restored use of my hand.

Shoulder And finger show details Shoulder And finger
by HH on Nov 29th, 2015

This dr is a very good dr fun to talk to him very expert he did a very good job for my shoulder And now he did an outstanding job for my finger after was injerd So far I am happy with booth operation I do recommend this Dr Nice and smart dr Thank you dr poul

Nov 23rd, 2015

I had a horrible experience with Dr. Shapiro. I am a physician and I was shocked with his incompetence, rudeness and a failure to perform standard procedures that a like specialist would have immediately have done to make a correct diagnosis treatment He completely missed a diagnosis that left my wrist and forearm completely dysfunctional. a new doctor had repair the injury. It cost $20,000.00 to have another doctor repair the fracture. On follow up visit he was rude, condescending and completely inappropriate. In addition, he recently treated a relative of mine. He made the wrong diagnosis (AGAIN) and she saw another hand specialist THE NEXT DAY and had immediate surgery. If his incompetence had not been discovered, she would have ended up with a lifetime impairment . DO NOT SEE HIM .

dec 2014 show details dec 2014
Oct 21st, 2015

Long waiting lm not happy with my hand surgery l had trigger finger

Does not "LISTEN" to his patient show details Does not "LISTEN" to his patient
by DSD on Apr 28th, 2015

This guy is a total DIVA. He has the GOD syndrome, He knows it all and the patient and even others don't. After having rotator cuff surgery, I told him many times I heard and felt (Grinding) in my shoulder. He said it was nothing and never even took an x-ray. I went thru 8 weeks of physical therapy by his direction and even the Physical Therapist called and told him I was no where close to getting where I should be and there was something wrong. He just said He's fine. Well after this I went and got a MRI done on my shoulder and it revealed it was still torn and full of fluid. I was recommended to a BETTER DOCTOR and upon giving him my MRI and he took several x-rays he found that not only was my rotator cuff still torn but now I need a total shoulder replacement because this full of himself doctor who doesn't listen to his patients. He didn't investigate further into my complaint of the noise and grinding in my shoulder.

Worst Person I've Ever Met show details Worst Person I've Ever Met
by Robert Cummings on Apr 17th, 2015

Rude, condescending arrogant. No PT recommended after joint replacement. I'm left with chronic pain.

Save yourself the time, do not see Dr. Paul Shapiro show details Save yourself the time, do not see Dr. Paul Shapiro
Mar 13th, 2015

Never going back.

stay away show details stay away
Jan 22nd, 2015

he was a very rude did not listen to me when I told him there was still something wrong in my shoulder told me he fixed me and I needed to get over myself told me I was the first person in his entire surgeon history to tell him he didn't fix me I transferred to lansing to michael austin who is awesome but does have a long wait but well worth the wait after 2 more shoulder surgeries to repair the damage in my shoulder that dr. shapiro had missed so apparently I was glad I didn't listen to him and get over myself

I had a good experience. show details I had a good experience.
by Janice Morehead on Oct 14th, 2014

Dr. Shapiro operated on both of my shoulders a few years ago and it all went very well. Recently I had a problem with my left shoulder and he gave me a shot & had an MRI done, sent me to therapy. I'm feeling so much better. I did wait way to long this time in the waiting room.

Stay away show details Stay away
by Patient on Jul 5th, 2014

Waited over an hour and think he botched my cortisone injection not once but twice. Serious issues relate to customer service when calling office If you could give zero stars I would

rude and doesn't listen show details rude and doesn't listen
Mar 26th, 2013

doctor Shapiro was short with me and it was hard to get test results and very hard to get somebody to call me back. I wish I never wasted my time.

Jun 29th, 2012

Spentall the time I needed. Made sure I understood tge procedure. Suggested I would need surgery years earlier but did not push it on me. When I realized I could no longer go on with the status quo, went back and had the surger. Doing very well. I always try to get the first appointment in the morning, otherwise they do seem to back up.

Anger problems show details Anger problems
Sep 12th, 2011

Had to go see Dr. Paul Shapiro for a follow at his southfiled office i waited over an hour to get in to see him and another hour sitting there listening to him and his staff making jokes and laughing over some of the dumbest things then when he finally got to me he was agitated enough to yell at me! I never went back to him again very unprofessional!