Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
27207 Lahser Rd
Ste 200B
Southfield, MI 48034
248-557-1900
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

|  Stay away  |  show details
by Patient on Jul 5th, 2014

Waited over an hour and think he botched my cortisone injection not once but twice. Serious issues relate to customer service when calling office If you could give zero stars I would

|  Put my trust in the wrong doctor  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2013

I needed surgery on my right shoulder because of years of arthritis. Shapiro proposed a partial shoulder replacement, saying my discomfort world be over. Surgery was 7/16/12. ER on the 19th. Infection already noticed. Blood, fluid leaking out through stitches for two weeks. A number of office and ER visits between 7/16 and 8/1, date of second surgery. Fluid and blood still leaking. 3rd surgery on 8/4. Doctor admitted it "had been a while since he had lost one as bad this". He missed suturing off the Cephalic vein in the first surgery. Didn't get all of the veins tied off or sutured until the 3rd surgery. Multiple office and ER visits, three hospitalizations in a little over 2 months, 15 total procedures/surgeries, last hospitalization lasting 6 weeks. Major sepsis infection required the implant be removed. Another doctor took over in October. He did the last 7-8 surgeries. Bone cement spacer put on my shoulder. No "cup" at the top of the joint any more. 50% permanent loss of movement. No more golf, playing catch with my grandkids, etc. Beaumont Hospital says I received appropriate care.

|  rude and doesn't listen  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2013

doctor Shapiro was short with me and it was hard to get test results and very hard to get somebody to call me back. I wish I never wasted my time.

|  QUICK AND CARELESS  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

Diagnosed with mallet finger. Splinted for 8 weeks. Experienced swelling and discomfort at injury joint throughout "helaing." UPon 8-week follow-up appointment, waited over an hour to be told, "Well, take the splint off." I did, very painful, red, burning and swollen at injured joint. Told to make repeated fists and it would be fine and wlaked out. One week later, NOT fine. Feel totally dismissed at appointment. Now on to a different doctor.

|  Grateful husband and wife !  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

We were counting our blessings the other night ...and people that have influenced or changed our lives . Mothers/ Fathers / teachers and friends came to mind. My wife Lynn raised her arm over her head and said with a big smile on her face " DOCTOR SHAPIRO !" I raised my arm and said " I AGREE !" Lynn tore her "Rotator Cuff " badly ,working out on the "Bow-Flex " ...with to much weight. It was , as Dr. Shapiro said " As bad as it could be !" After him doing surgery " IT'S AS GOOD AS IT CAN BE !" I wore my shoulder out shooting Archery ( 3 hr. a day ..Former National Indoor Champ ) I could hardly move my arm and was in pain a the time . Dr. S. replaced the worn out " cap" rather than the entire bone and cap ..and I am without pain or restrictive movement for the first time in 15 years ! We are forever grateful to him . We've recommended him to our son and a 95 yr. old friend that he helped . Jerry and Lynn Amster

|  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

Spentall the time I needed. Made sure I understood tge procedure. Suggested I would need surgery years earlier but did not push it on me. When I realized I could no longer go on with the status quo, went back and had the surger. Doing very well. I always try to get the first appointment in the morning, otherwise they do seem to back up.

|  Anger problems  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

Had to go see Dr. Paul Shapiro for a follow at his southfiled office i waited over an hour to get in to see him and another hour sitting there listening to him and his staff making jokes and laughing over some of the dumbest things then when he finally got to me he was agitated enough to yell at me! I never went back to him again very unprofessional!