Dr. Paul Sawin MD Patient Reviews

March 26th, 2017
Very cold arrogant

September 6th, 2016
Excellent Doctor and care
I've seen Dr. Sawin over the past 15 years for 4different surgeries. He always takes his time to explain each procedure and what the expected outcome will be. I have no qualms about having any surgery he recommends. My first surgery was thoracic (T10-12); the Jewett Clinic sent me to Dr. Sawin because they "wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole"! I knew right then if the Jewett Clinic recommended him he had to be good, he's not good....he's fantastic!

July 17th, 2016
Dr. Sawin operated on me almost 2 yrs ago. I definitely recommend him to anyone needing any type of spine surgery. Some people are good at what they do because they study and work hard, others are great at what they do because they have a natural ability and love for what they do and that is Dr. Sawin

June 30th, 2016
Grateful patient
Dr. Sawin is extraordinarily competent as a spinal surgeon having performed on me a very complex multi-level lumbar stabilization emergency surgery. He is extremely patient taking his time explaining the condition, surgical procedure, short and long term recovery benchmarks. He does not sugarcoat the details and gives the patient reasonable expectations for outcome. But beyond the technical ability, he is the most compassionate and sincere human being I have ever met in the medical profession. He gives you his full attention, answers all questions and has a genuine concern for you as a person, not just as a patient. Nancy his efficient patient coordinator is helpful and efficient.

May 19th, 2016
Great Communicator - All involved
exceptional in explaining problem & really concerned He Dr. Sawin is the best communicator I have ever had in over 50 years dealing with medical staff.

May 13th, 2016
Great doctor but staff could use a course in customer service 101.

November 24th, 2015
THINK TWICE...
My experienced took place in 2013 - Overall pretty bad from the begining. Staff very rude and very poorly run office to the point of disbelief. My success in my surgery once again is beyond disbelief came in told I need emergency surgery to have a decompression/fusion on my cervical spine. Exhibiting no signs of weakness or pain. Granted my X-ray told another story. Needless to say didn't want to take a chance and was told my surgery would be 95% successful. Dr. Sawin Bedside Manner has room for improvement. Needless to say was told he was highly regarded for this very complicated surgery yet referred as a precautionary surgery. How am I doing today almost 3 years later. Let me put it tyhis way I live in 24/7 in chronic pain mainly head & neck pain. When I rarely had a headache and now the pressure/pain is literally inhumane. I have done everything under the sun to find relief even ask Dr. Sawin to see me again which he agreed to do. To basically waste my time and drive to feel very dimissed he done all he could the rest is not his problem or concern where he gave me a list of other doctors over FL who are most likely his golfing buddies. The point I want to make is think twice in seeing this surgeon. And the not so flattering reviews you are reading are dead on with I too experienced for a year. No one should have to go through the insanity of that office and their staff and the doctors. And get away with it. I truly wish I thought twice and I wish I filed a law suit on them. My life has changed dramically from being very active to now exhausted w/ living with chronic pain, I should of had these symptoms before my surgery not after.

November 18th, 2015
Tried to get an apt at this doctor and the lady in charge of getting records is the nastiest b…. on the planet. She basically screamed at me and curse me out saying that she didn’t get my records when Orlando Orthopedic confirmed they sent it twice. They list a fax number on the web so I told her to go there and check and she refused. I wonder sometimes if some people are raised by animals or something… If this is how the receiving staff treat patients I’d rather find another doc regardless. Are you serious???!

February 26th, 2015
Completely Rude and Insensitive Staff
Twice now I have called Dr. Sawins office with very poor results. The first time I had to call back after my call went unreturned. I had a couple of questions. When Dr. Sawin's PA finally called back she was rude and abrupt and acted like I was putting her out just of call me back after over 5 days. The entire conversation ( my questions ) required less than 2 minutes but apparently I was interrupting someone. The second call went completely un-returned. Instead I got an email 5 days later in which not only did the writer have no idea what question I had asked they provided no useful information. I believe that Dr, Sawin is probably one of the best Neuro surgeons in the US but you can't get past his staff so I'm looking for another Dr.

October 22nd, 2014
Very difficult experience
I had a cervical discectomy by Dr. Sawin in 2003 and was very satisfied with him and his staff. By 2014, everything has changed. The staff is rude and totally unsympathetic and abrupt. You cannot even schedule an appointment until all tests from other doctors are sent in, MRI's etc. and your other doctors recommend surgery. Then, you can make an appointment only if the tests show that you require surgery. I must say, I was able to get the surgery in one week which was remarkable. However, during the whole experience, beginning to end, I saw Dr. Sawin for 10 minutes, five before surgery and five after. I had two lumbar fusions and three laminectomies. My pain was NEVER under control during my five days post-op. Dr. Sawin's nurse coordinator saw me in the hospital, and when I called her for help, she was unavailable. I was in excruciating pain for most of my hospitalization. I saw only the nurse practitioner post-op and after experiencing even worse pain five months after surgery, I still could not get an appointment with Dr. Sawin in a reasonable amount of time. (I am from out of town). I am now having additional surgery in my home state because although the area of the surgery has healed, my pain is now above that area and might possibly have been addressed at the surgery. Dr. Sawin's practice is like an assembly line. I will say that the PA Brad, who I saw once, was excellent. I know that Dr. Sawin is an excellent surgeon, but he is absent for pre-op and post-op care and his staff members are totally unacceptable. I lose respect for him because he doesn't seem to care at all about changing anything in his practice, and I would never consider going there again. Spinal surgery is brutal, thus a patient needs considerate care from all staff members and you will never receive it at this practice.

January 23rd, 2014
I called the office today and must say... The office staff (Amber) is incredible rude and unprofessional. I will make sure anyone that ask, this is my response. Unbelievable that these educated physicians give so much power to their medical assistants!!!!!!

April 9th, 2013
9 months after surgery he has still not seen me - after major disc fusion surgery only his medical assistant shows up! This doctor runs hot and cold and is not a good communicator. I am in worse pain then when I went in and now partially disabled. I wish I had listened to others who said not to go to this doctor and not to do the surgery. His staff is awfully rude and uncaring, and they only tell you what they want you to hear and are not giving you the entire story. The best place to learn about all this is from the others in the waiting room who are happy to share their stories, some are good, too many are not.