Surgeons
Orlando Neurosurgery
1605 W Fairbanks Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789
407-975-0200
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jan 23rd, 2014

I called the office today and must say... The office staff (Amber) is incredible rude and unprofessional. I will make sure anyone that ask, this is my response. Unbelievable that these educated physicians give so much power to their medical assistants!!!!!!

|  Management ~ Retired  |  show details
by Ann S. on Dec 15th, 2013

I have severe degenerative Osteo Artritis. My left hip has been replaced. I have three screws in my right foot. In 1998, while living in Nashville, TN., I had lumbar back surgery that left me in horrible pain and on a walker and in a wheelchair. In January 2001 Dr. Sawin was recommended as being one of the top 100 neurosurgeons for brain and spine in the country. I have been a patient of Dr. Sawin since January 2001. During a 6 hour surgery he repaired damage done by the 1998 surgery that someone else had performed, and stabilized my back as well as could be hoped for considering the severity of my disease. I see Dr. Sawin every year for follow-up on the degeneration in my spine. I travel 710 miles each way to see him. I choose to have the best physician, rather than get upset due to waiting, or possible poor manners by office staff. Dr. Sawin has always been kind, patient and informative.

Apr 9th, 2013

9 months after surgery he has still not seen me - after major disc fusion surgery only his medical assistant shows up! This doctor runs hot and cold and is not a good communicator. I am in worse pain then when I went in and now partially disabled. I wish I had listened to others who said not to go to this doctor and not to do the surgery. His staff is awfully rude and uncaring, and they only tell you what they want you to hear and are not giving you the entire story. The best place to learn about all this is from the others in the waiting room who are happy to share their stories, some are good, too many are not.

|  Great Surgeon and Worth Hanging In There  |  show details
May 4th, 2012

Heed this advice!! I left this practice because it was such a difficult experience. Yes, Dr. Sawin's bedside manner is lacking; the overall patient experience can be truly dreadful because of rude employees and employees providing answers to questions not always based in fact, etc. However, Dr. Sawin's surgical and diagnostic skills are impeccable. I opted for a second opinion and it has been my worst nightmare! My advice to all, go into the patient experience knowing it may be frustrating. If it's not frustrating, you'll be pleasantly surprised; if it is frustrating, you'll have been forewarned. I regret not having tolerance for exasperation; for exasperation led me to seek a second opinion...an opinion which just happened to be wrong. You won this one Dr. Sawin. I was the fool.

|  Discouraged  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2011

The rating below where she says they have emergency car accidents, well this office doesn't even take people who are involved with any litigation from a car accident at all, so I don't know where that came from and yes the office is very poorly run and a woman there by the name of Betty isn't good for business at all That must be where the arrogance comes from Not the best place!!

|  He's the greatest!  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

I've read some of the comments from others and can't believe they were disappointed with any service from Dr. Sawin's and his staff. First of all, you are told in advance that your surgery could be cancelled with no notice because of emergency surgeries from car accidents, etc. No, you don't see him at every appointment but many offices work that way now. There are some where you never see the doctor and only deal with the nurse practitioner. My last followup appointment he spent close to a half-hour talking with me, explaining my latest X-rays, etc. You'll get no complaints from me.

|  Dr. Sawin is Amazing  |  show details
by Sue Lambert on Sep 30th, 2010

Dr. Sawin is a Genius. His surgery is as minimally invasive as possible therefore decreasing the recovery times.He has straightened by severely scoliosed back to an extent I never dreamed possible. Add to his incredible expertise; he is kind and compassionate.

Sep 30th, 2009

While he might be a wonderful surgeon, there are other equally qualified neurosurgeons who truly have empathy and concern for their patients. Dr. Sawin's little corner of this multi-doctor practice leaves alot to be desired, which is a shame, and his own fault. If he'd only take off the blinders.

|  worst staff and he's no better  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2009

this practice is the most erragant i have every been too, cancels surgery and has no back bone to tell me why and staff says they need to talk to the doctor

|  One of the Best I have come across.  |  show details
May 14th, 2009

I personally have had 3 surgerys. He diagnosed the problem that has given me major pain for years.

Nov 1st, 2008

He's lousy! Al he does is complain about everything!