Aug 22nd, 2016

Seen by Dr.Andrew for extraction on 7/18 . Had xrays which found a retained impacted wisdom tooth. Said this needed to be removed. When I contacted my dental insurance to see if service would be covered there was no note regarding this. Made another appointment for 8/22/for consult to have predetermination submitted to the DENTAL insurance and the office insisted that this claim had to be submitted to my MEDICAL insurance carrier.I was charged for copay for MEDICAL insurance - this claim was to be submitted to DENTAL carrier for predetermination only. This office double dipping and billing both insurance companies for the same service.The appointment for today was for determination of DENTAL coverage of tooth #32 and should never have involved MEDICAL insurance.Because there was no written"plan" for the extraction of #32 on 7/18 this forced additional charge for consult on 8/22. Don't expect that your service will be covered according to your dental plan. This office is shrewd and all copays must be paid at the time of service. They know all the ways to get the most $$$ from you. Don't give them your medical insurance information or you will find that you are double charged any fees they can find.

Great Oral Surgeons show details Great Oral Surgeons
by RB on Jun 9th, 2016

I have seen Dr. Schelkun as a patient and my family has used both Dr Schelkun and his partners on a number of occasions. I am a physician and I can attest that their practice is really the best for oral surgery. They are all not only Dentists but also Physicians. They all get it when it comes to patient care, surgery and being the best trained and having top notch facilities and staff. It gives me great comfort to bring my family to these surgeons. All their work has been excellent weather it was implants for me or wisdom teeth on my kids. I wish more specialty practices were more like Dr Schelkuns!

by Evan P. on Mar 18th, 2014

I had a nice experience here. The doctor made me feel at ease. I would definitely return to him if I need another extraction.

by collin on Mar 12th, 2014

Very happy with this office! Both my sons had wisdom teeth extracted here and I could not have been happier! The staff was knowledgeable, courtesy and very kind! The next day the nurses call to check on my sons, I was very impressed by this, makes you feel like they really care! Dr Schelkun explained everything to us at the consult and all went smooth. Highly recommend this office

Hands down Dr Schelkun is the best oral surgeon and practice show details Hands down Dr Schelkun is the best oral surgeon and practice
by R B on Jan 25th, 2014

Dr Schelkun is flat out the best. All the Drs are both MD's and DDS's! Their facilities are all accredited by the Joint Commission, the same one that accredits hospitals! Amazing! This guy really gets it. I am a physician and my family and I would go no where else! I am not easily impressed but this place is really impressive!

Best Oral Surgeon in the Area show details Best Oral Surgeon in the Area
by Tara B on Aug 22nd, 2013

Dr. Erik Sayles and the staff at the Fort Washington office were very professional in every aspect of my oral surgery experience. The staff was friendly and caring. They consulted with me throughout the procedure to insure that I understood what had to be done. I would highly recommend this office to anyone requiring oral surgery.

by Jamie C. on Aug 17th, 2013

I had my wisdom teeth removed and felt very prepared with the instructions and papers I was given beforehand. Very little pain or discomfort afterwards. Thank You!

Post tooth extraction problem! show details Post tooth extraction problem!
by Rita Boyst on Aug 14th, 2013

I think they should watch the patient for a longer period after tooth extractions. I left and was feeling quite lousy. I had to go to get my medications prescribed for me right after I left there. I had to drive myself and had dizziness. I think the doctor gave me another dose of the anesthetic which gave me the nausea. I hope their other patients complain about this if it happens to them. It was a little scary.

Expert treatment by caring Doctors. show details Expert treatment by caring Doctors.
by Ivan on Aug 14th, 2013

I am new to this area. My insurance company referred me to the practice. I was in a bad situation and needed a surgical extraction. Dr. Shelkun saw me quickly, made time to do the extraction on my initial visit. He and his staff were caring, he was expert, fast and took care of my problem immediately. I cannot praise this Doctor enough. He is as caring and an expert in his field. A kind gentleman who looks out for his patients. If you need oral surgery or implants you will not find anyone better.

Jul 10th, 2012

I love dentists! They're some of the few people who understand the importance of good dental care in relationship to overall health. I've never met one I didn't like and Dr. Shelkun is no exception. Although I only needed a quick exam, he took one look, explained my problem and assured me everything was going to be fine. He answered my questions accurately and eased all my concerns. Should I ever need his expertise for a real problem I would not hesitate to seek his services. The staff was friendly and the offices were bright and cheerful.

Jul 10th, 2012

I recommend Dr. Shelkun to everyone! show details I recommend Dr. Shelkun to everyone!
Aug 19th, 2010

I saw Dr. Schelkun in his Warminster Facility. I was very nervous about having to have a tooth extracted. Dr. Schelkun made the environment very relaxed and comfortable and that put me at ease. He made my experience very pleasant and I recommend him to EVERYONE!

Dr. Schelkun is a Skilled Professional show details Dr. Schelkun is a Skilled Professional
by B.J.D. on Aug 19th, 2010

I was nervous about having my wisdom teeth removed, because I hate needles, but my experience with Dr. Schelkun couldn't have gone smoother. He was a skilled professional who put me at ease throughout the procedure. I would strongly recommend him to anyone in need of wisdom tooth removal.

A Great Experience! show details A Great Experience!
Aug 2nd, 2010

I have had 2 surgeries with Dr.Schelkun and both times had a great experience. The anesthesia was so easy and I had no pain afterwards.The staff was verok y friendly and professional.I would recommend him to anyone and have referred family members and friendsto this practice.

Dr. Schelkun was amazing ! show details Dr. Schelkun was amazing !
Jul 30th, 2010

He removed 2 of my wisdon teeth quickly and without any pain whatsoever. He explained everything fully, his staff was very friendly and efficient, his facility was immaculate! I was treated with respect and kindness and he participated with my insurance which was a bonus !! I would definitely recommend Dr. Shelkun to everyone !

by Cheryl Q. on Nov 24th, 2009

Absolutely amazing -- had 4 impacted wisdom teeth, another oral surgeon said it was extremely complex, & could damage several nearby teeth. Dr. Schelkuns staff was absolutely fantastic, I was back to normal 2 days later. I even had an allergic reaction to the meds, & doctor called me back within 10 minutes. I have highly recommended Dr. & his staff to anyone & everyone I know in need of dental work.

The BEST ! show details The BEST !
Jun 22nd, 2009

I had a wisdom tooth extracted by Dr. Schelkun and he was amazing ! His skill was unbelievable and it was over before I knew it....He is the BEST !