Dr. Paul Shipkin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

May 10th, 2016
He didn't listen to what I have to say at all he felt calling me bland I wouldn't recommend him to anyone he was horrible.

April 8th, 2016
????
Pure speculation I noticed the reviews say if sent for an IME he says your fine but if (assuming) a private insurance company sends you he finds something wrong. I saw him too for an IME. He said I was fine but every doctor I've seen has said I am not.

March 13th, 2016
Beware if Workers Comp. IME
Beware of this doctor if workers compensation sends you to him for an IME. He works for them and gets paid to report you are able to return to work no matter how many issues you are dealing with on a daily basis. My husband was sent to him by WC for an IME and despite him trying to return to work part time after his injuries, but had to go out again due to the severity and intensity of his traumatic brain injury and his work causing even new ones, Dr. Shipkin reported he was fully capable of returning to work full time and has no current issues. Yet he is still in therapy, sees other specialists, and tests show otherwise. Dr. Shipkin also wrote false statements in his report insisting my husband said them...I was there..he did not. What a racket they have going together.

February 27th, 2016
Dr. Shipkin helped so very much
I have never met a doctor who listens, take notes, and answers questions in the same manner Dr. Shipkin does. He is without hesitation a life savor. His soft spoken manner and analogies are truly relaxing. He goes above and beyond to help. I hope he never retires!

January 11th, 2016
Expert in his field
Dr Shipkin has been my neurologist for 20 years. I don't know what I would do without him. He returns calls, really listens, provides good advice, and his diagnosis is correct because he thinks everything out thoroughly and discusses it before coming to a conclusion. Dr Shipkin is a brilliant man. My life changed because of him! His receptionist, Maria, is wonderful. She is a kind, caring person who goes above and beyond her normal duties !! I will never leave this office.

September 17th, 2015
Insurance Fraud
Dr Shipkin works for a workers comp insurance company to dismiss claims workers make. Do not trust him he will always make the diagnosis in the insurance company's favor.

October 16th, 2013
Paul M Shipkin, MD, Independent Medical Examination
I was told by the Ins company to go see Paul M Shipkin, MD, for a Independent Medical Examination. I have to tell you this Doctor was GREAT!! A Caring, respectful doctor who was very honest about my injury and told the Ins company that I did have in fact have injuries. This Doctor is very trustworthy. We need more Doctors like Paul M Shipkin, MD. I give this Doctor (5) stars all the way!!

September 23rd, 2012
He found the problem everybody else missed, very complete.

September 6th, 2012
Excellent Doc
Exceptionally through. Thanks Doc.

October 4th, 2011
Excellent physician!
A truly caring and compassionate Dr. There is no rushing to get through history or symptoms. He takes a meticulous history and goes above and beyond to diagnose and treat, or refer if needed. I am a retired trauma nurse and have seen my share of great and not so great Dr.s and I highly recommend Dr. Shipkin.

September 30th, 2011
Dr. Shipkin is professional and kind and compassionate and always took the time to explain things to me. I suffer from severe migraines and he truly listened to me and got my migraines to a manageable level and improved my quality of life 10 fold. I would recommend him to anyone. He truly cares about the people he treats.

June 2nd, 2011
Outrageously greedy ...unprofessional and lacks integrity
My Worker's Comp defense used as an IME. Has been paid off by the insurance company to discredit me. He earned his $$ at this one. He lied throughout the whole report. He went against every other Dr. (there are at least 10) and stated I was fully recovered. My husband was in the room with me and by the time we had read his report, we were stunned to find out just how far a physician would go just to receive the hefty chunk of change that he receives for lying. I wouldn't trust him to diagnose or treat my dog. Please, steer clear of this one.