Family Practitioner, Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
3100 Cross Creek Pkwy
Ste 200
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
248-377-8000
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Mrs.  |  show details
by Maria I Gardner on Nov 14th, 2013

Well more then a review it is my story and I'm stiking to it. Even though I showed up to Dr. Siatczynski's office in 1995 for the first time with a really, really bad knee, after all the questions and x rays, he suggested for me to have some therapy first to see it that could work, that made me feel confortable because most doctors just want to do surgery right away; unfortunatelly after few months that didn't work and I had a 3 hour long reconstruction surgery of my left knee, in the recovery room he told me that my knee was in really bad shape, that he was very close to give me a knee replacement but I was to young for that, that we will watch it closely and hope that what he had done will last. Well it lasted 16 years with no problems or pain what so ever. 2 years ago I started to have problems again and OF COURSE I went back to him, he gave me a cortisone injection that lasted another year, then another one that lasted 6 months, until we got to the point that no medication was helping and I finally had the knee replaced. BIG SUCCESS, it has been 5 months since the surgery including a manipulation due to scar tissue and I feel great. Yes the therapy was painful but the results are INCREDIBLE, it is wonderful to be able to walk without pain and be able to do every thing that I was doing before the surgery, I thought I was going to have some restrictions and I was ok with it, but I don't have any, I'm able to play with my 4 year old grandaughter that keept on asking me when was my knee going to be better that we can play, so it is not just better it is great. Thank you Dr. Siatczynski from the bottom of my heart. Maria Gardner

|  DON'T LET HIM OPERATE ON YOU.  |  show details
by Marie L. on Apr 9th, 2013

DO NOT HAVE DR. SCIATZYNSKI OPERATE ON YOU. It has been 7 months and I’m still not working because of his false promises.( I could not bend, kneel, squat, lift, and do stairs reciprocally, because I had bad results from Dr. Sciatzynski's surgery.) He told me he would get me back to work in 1 month. I am 36 years old and athletic, with no significant past history. Meaning, I have no health problems that would complicate my healing. He put cadaver tissue for my ACL and stitched my meniscus. Then told me not to put weight on my leg for 4 weeks. My physical therapist and I knew something was wrong after a month, because I only bent my knee 64 degrees. (It irritated me to see that Sciatzynski only EYEBALLED my range of motion, instead of using a goniometer--a measuring tool. What kind of so called orthopedic surgeon would do that?!?) With a successful surgery, I should be bending my knee at least 90 degrees after a month. I did physical therapy 3x/week. And when I told the doctor about my concern, he was not worried and said it would come later. When 3 months came and I still could not bend to 90 degrees, he blamed my physical therapy. I am the second person I know, who Sciatzynski had bad short term results. The other guy who recommended him to me had bad results, did not know it because he had no medical background. ( He had a sedentary desk job and was able to go back to work because his job was not physical.) He got 90 degrees after 4 months! He SHOULD BE bending it at 140 degrees by that time! I am a physical therapist, so I know. I had to have my knee REDONE by a better surgeon to fix it. I’m doing much better now. You want a good surgeon for ACL? Go to Michigan Orthopedic Institute. The sports doctors there have worked with the Red Wings, Lions, and Tigers. The wait is long, but it is worth it. If I went there in the first place, I would’ve been working right now. My mistake is not asking more detailed results about short term recovery from his past patients. I'm providing you detail from his past 2 failed surgeries from his 2 past clients that are young and active. I don’t want what happened to me, to happen to you. Good luck.

|  Horrible Misdiagnosis!  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2012

Seen by Dr. Siatczynski twice for a shoulder injury. After 2 cortisone injections and a basic ultrasound, he felt NO need to do an MRI to rule out tendon/ligament damage. He insisted in a very arrogant manner that I could either "live with the pain and impaired range of motion" or he could perform arthroscopic surgery to shave down a "bone spur" that in his opinion, was causing tendonitis. After obtaining a second opinion from another Orthopedic surgeon whose first indication was to order an MRI, it was determined within 5 minutes that the ligaments had completely torn away from the bone and that open surgery was needed to repair the damage. Thank goodness I went for the second opinion instead of taking the word of an arrogant, indifferent doctor who would have potentially made the situation worse! If you have an injury, please avoid this doctor!!!

|  my life....ruined  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

"nothing is wrong with your knee, you are a woman." "go to physical therapy, this will help" My knee got much worse during therapy. I ended up on cruthes for years. Had to get a wheel chair. Wanted my exrays for visit to another doctor, they couldn't find them. They also lost the original prescription for the physical therapy which was for weight bearing therapy. Doctor number 2 was appauled by the condition of my knee and did an immediate surgery. A piece of bone that was lodged in my knee joint had worn the cartliage down to something that looked like spagetti.He said I would not walk on that leg agian. Too young for a knee replacement. Still was on crutches,Doctor number three. Nothing can be done. I will order a wheel chair for you and get an order for a handicap tag.Doctor Number 4 There is nothing that can be done. You will not walk again. Don't go to anyone else because if they try to correct the knee, it will make it worse.Doctor number 5. Doctor was visibly angry. Asked who was responsible for this and I told him about all of the doctors and what they had said. He threw down the enormous brace I had to wear on my leg to help with pain. He looked at all the drugs I had to take to get through the days with the pain I had. This was about 5 years I had had to deal with this. This doctor said he could fix my knee. I felt like I was dreaming...But after an osteotomy, lots of therapy to help me learn how to walk again, I was walking.Dr. Siatczynski missed something very important and destroyed my life.Please, do not go to him.

|  show details
May 8th, 2012

The Doctor ask me if the pain was bad in december and I was there in may why are you here today? I was still in pain every day and last week I was in bad pain for my shoulder. said he would give me a injection but your a diabetic and that will make your sugar level go high. so I have to deal with the pain I am In.he made me feel like I was wasting his time.he was not a freindly doctor,to snootie for me.

|  show details
Feb 2nd, 2011

Paul Siatczynski is among the best Orthopaedic practitioners in the field. I have extended nerve damage in a knee, but Dr. S. worked for years with me in the mid-90s and I have not found a better, more personable physician anywhere I've lived or since I was his patient. If I ever need orthopaedic attention again, it would be worth the trip back to Michigan be under this doctor's care.