Dr. Paul Spiegl Sr Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Paul Spiegl Sr?

Frustrated and worse

Posted on January 25th, 2016

The first time I saw him I waited 5 hours, to be told he had to leave for a family emergency. I saw his PA instead who advised that I needed surgery. The day of surgery his PA walked in and said they would have to do tomorrow because Dr. Spiegel had to be somewhere. I should have cancelled...after the surgery I became worse and stiff. His PAs see you after surgery and you won't see him again. Be prepared for weekly expensive cast changes, and extensive wait times. I finally healed after one year... A surgery that should have taken 6 weeks. He has no bedside manner and is rude if you have questions. Very disappointed and still frustrated. Would not recommend. His staff is constantly networking socially and will talk about you behind your back.

exceptional surgeon

Posted on September 12th, 2015

I had ankle surgeon in 2009 Dr. Paul Speigl is nothing like the negative reviews. He called me several times after my surgery. He took his time with me ran several diagnostic test... Thank God for an honest Dr like him. I would recommend everyone to him!!!

go elsewhere

Posted on June 19th, 2014

at 1st appt, Dr. Spiegl was a no show, called out unexpectedly. Saw assistant who seemed ok. at follow up appt, had to wait over 1 hour. could see and hear Dr. Spiegl leisurely chatting with another physician while i waited. All of the staff seemed more interested in socializing than in patient care. Once i was seen by the doctor, he spent a minimal about of time with me and provided no real helpful information other than to buy his orthotics. i am still having numbness and tingling in my foot, so problem has not been addressed and i will have to go elsewhere for help.

massuese

Posted on May 28th, 2014

He's always running late. If you have a 1:00 appointment, be prepared to not get out of there until 5:00. After my surgery, i never saw the dr again. Just the PA's. Very frustrating. You'd expect to meet with the Dr post-op.

Great Doctor

Posted on January 10th, 2014

Dr. Spiegl is an excellent doctor! He takes time to explain things clearly and accurately. Great care!

Out for money only rude look elsewhere

Posted on January 5th, 2014

I went to this dr. For a injury. To start the front office staff was ok . I went into the room Which I had to sit and wait for only 1.5 hours before. He came in when he came in he was very aragent and rude. He was. In the room five mins and had a personal phone call which he took in front of me. He wanted to put me in a cast for my leg. And for me to come back every week and have changed which would cost 1200 each time. I didn't think it was a good idea and he then became very nasty. I went to another spealist who. Disagreed with him and did not put me in a cast and I healed. Well naturally I noticed that everyone in that waiting room had a cast on their leg. He must make a fortune putting everyone with a injury in a cast and charging them 1200 a week to change. He is out for the money and nothing more I'd look elsewhere for a dr .

Terrific surgeon

Posted on November 23rd, 2012

Extremely careful to be sure to create the best outcome for your foot difficulty. Have never heard any complaints about Dr. Spiegl's medical care. When asked about a good orthopedist for feet, I send the person to Dr. Spiegl.

Best ankle/foot surgeon in Atlanta!

Posted on October 15th, 2012

He is extremely careful & pays attention to detail. I've met several other patients who have been referred by doctors they're related to or told they must have foot/leg amputated but Dr. Spiegl has saved their feet. Only bad thing is bc of many complicated cases wait times can be horrendous! Great PA's, too!

Expert

Posted on August 11th, 2012

The reviews I have read do not surprise me. Most people have no idea of the schedule of a surgeon, not to mention the level of concentration it takes to perform and manage a practice. I am a patient of Dr. Spiegl for over 20 years with two surgeries, a shoulder, and ACL knee repair. One thing is for sure he will not play around, he gets to the point. I am 53 yrs old and he knew I was active so he told what he thought and I trusted him with his advice. When choosing an appointment informing the staff of my busy schedule has helped me to get faster service. I am still doing things that most people my age probably would not think about. I owe it to good practice. I like to get to the solutions with my injuries. If you want a professional then go to Dr. Spiegl.

treated very badly

Posted on August 8th, 2011

i visited dr spiegl and was called into the room and then had to wait 2.5 hours in the room. then when he came in he was very rude to me and spent 6 miniutes exactlly with me there. he looked at the x rays his office orderd like it was a piece of junk mail and did not examine me well. i went for help desperate and in need of medical care paying him good money and i do have insurance and he made me feel horrible . he is all about the money . ill never go back there again worse dr ive ever seen

Seven months experience

Posted on April 4th, 2011

Very little time spent with me. Turned over to PA who debrided too often and too aggressively. Used casting continuosly for seven months, too much in my opinion. Too lax, had more than one infection. Claims wound care but too lax.

The best!!!!

Posted on February 6th, 2011

I was reading the comments and I want to say that I have to disagree with the patient who stated Dr. Spiegl cares only about money. From my personal experience I can tell that this is not true. I had a problem with my foot and surgery was the only option for me. Unfortunately, my insurance did not cove it since it was an out of network facility. I could not afford to pay full amount and Dr Spiegl agreed to accept whatever I could pay. It was not free, but he did not chase me to get the last money dollar out of my pocket. I did and I will recommend Dr Spiegl to anyone I know.