Dr. Paul Stallman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

August 11th, 2016
I had a great experience with Dr. Stallman. He came highly recommended by my primary care physician, my optomologist and previous patients that I spoke with. The staff is friendly, very kind and professional and the office vibe is very positive. I needed to make a couple of schedule changes and even though they were very busy they were completely accommodating in getting me rescheduled. They made sure that I fully understood the steps I needed to take before and after the surgery. Dr Stallman was great. I never felt rushed and he made sure that he answered my questions before the surgery. He called me personally the evening of the surgery to check on me and made a point to let me know that he was available for and questions or concerns after the surgery. The overall experience at the office was comfortable and positive. They make a great team. Overall I am very happy with the results and would recommend Dr. Stallman without reservation.

November 13th, 2015
I had the areas above and beneath my eyes done by Dr. Stallman after many great recommendations by friends. From my first visit thru my surgery to the aftercare I was very pleased. It was not painful, Dr Stallman was amazing. My outcome has been positive. I'm very happy with this experience, thè staff handle your whole experience is a caring and professional manner. Thank you

September 30th, 2015
Love this office. Dr was fantastic, will refer anyone who needs eye work

July 16th, 2015
I was very satisfied with the work Dr. Stallman did for me.

June 7th, 2015
Great results !!
Dr. Stallman performed a neck lift on me that turned out perfectly. There was no pain. no nausea, minimal swelling, and I recovered within one week. I would definitely recommend Dr. Stallman to anyone who needs, or wants, a little nip and tuck around the face. Both Dr. Stallman and his staff are professional and will answer any questions you may have.

May 5th, 2015
I brought my 7 year old son in for a lazy eye lid. Being this my first born son I was so nervous. The Doctor and his staff were amazing. The places were spotless and the surgery, the procedure and follow up was FLAWLESS. The surgery was a huge sucess. Thank God for Dr Stallman.

January 11th, 2015
Lots of surgery and excellent results
Eleven months ago I had upper and lower eyelid surgery, neck and lower face lift, and a chemical peel. My recovery has been terrific -- no pain, no complications. I'm pleased with my results -- I look just like me, only better. I have confidence in Dr. Stallman. His staff is also terrific.

November 11th, 2013
No Pressure, Just Great Results
After consulting with other doctors who advised a Shock and Awe approach to my quest for a more youthful face, Dr Stallman was a refreshing and reasonable alternative. He provided me with a number of options and explained them all thoroughly. I never felt pressured and his staff is very accomodating!

October 7th, 2013
CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
I visited Dr. Stallman to discuss options for removing advanced sun damage on my face. After listening to my wishes and concerns, he determined that I would be a good candidate for (and be happiest with) the type of results achieved from the full, not fractional, CO2 laser skin resurfacing procedure. I’m 56 and had never had any prior laser treatments. Dr. Stallman thoroughly explained the procedure and the pre and post care. He also made sure I understood what to expect, realistically, from a cosmetic standpoint. This is a serious procedure that requires serious thought and I felt confident that Dr. Stallman had the experience and skill to give me the best outcome. The surgery was scheduled at the SLO surgical center, and his assistant, Allison was careful to review all the important details about recovery and post care. The procedure went smoothly and I had only minimal pain (more like a bad sunburn). The doctor closely monitored my healing, and Allison and Nicki were always available by phone whenever I had questions. As a result, I had zero complications. Dr. Stallman and his entire staff are professional, courteous and generous with their time. It’s been 3 months and I am completely healed. I am delighted with the results. My new skin looks clear and beautiful. Almost all of my old age spots are gone and my wrinkles around my eyes, lips and even the deep vertical creases in my cheeks are drastically minimized. I get a lot of “WOWs” from husband, my friends and family plus comments that I look about years younger! I am an expressive person, and I know that without Botox or fillers my facial lines will return. And that’s okay with me. I am just really happy to have been able to remove the sun-damaged skin, safely, and now understand the importance of taking better care of my new, younger looking skin. I would recommend Dr. Stallman to anyone seeking cosmetic surgery.

July 11th, 2013
Blephoraplasty with Dr. Stallman
After researching an "oculoplastic" surgeon (specializing in the eyes/face) to perform upper and lower blephoraplasty surgery I was very happy to find Dr. Stallman right in my own backyard. I literally live about a minute away, which wasn't why I chose him, but it definitely was a plus. Dr. Stallman has all the qualifications with 20 years of experience. The doctor and his staff were very nice and accommodating answering my questions and helped me to feel confident (as confident as one can feel about facial cosmetic surgery). My surgery was May 9, 2013, and I am very pleased at 2 months post op. There are many concerns about blephoraplasty surgeons taking too much fat/skin away from the eye area, leaving a hollowed appearance, or scar tissue pulling that too little skin left away from the eye, but Dr. Stallman was very conservative (he took just the right amount and I did not need any skin removed - transconjuctival procedure). In my opinion, Dr. Stallman is an expert in judgement as well as in performance. I followed all post op recovery practices and I had no problems. If you are considering blephoraplasty I can attest to Dr. Stallman being a great doctor who will give your eyes a very natural looking makeover without leaving you looking as though you had cosmetic work done. I wrote a step by step review of my total experience from research, pre-op, preparation (pre-post op care and necessities), the surgery, post op, and my total experience, feelings, and daily photos of my progression/healing stages through to about 1 1/2 months post op detailing everything you can expect from this surgery and you can read find it on the RealSelf website under my user name: LindsayD74. I name Dr. Stallman as my surgeon crediting him with everything so you can see my complete experience with Dr. Stallman and his staff. Thank you Dr. Stallman, and staff! You are all awesome, and I'll be back if I need any further facial work. Oh, and last but not least, Dr. Stallman's office accepts major credit cards (just not Discover Card - hint hint, I would have liked to use my Discover card doc!), and they offer another form of financing/credit too. NOTE: I wrote this review because I strongly encourage anyone wanting cosmetic surgery to do their research. There are a few reasons not to just jump into surgery, especially cosmetic as that is supposed to improve your appearance not ruin it. Although you may not like the answer you must be a good candidate for the surgery you want (i.e. do you have a medical condition which would significantly increase the chance of problems). Just as important, you must research who should perform your cosmetic surgery and is the doctor a specialist in that area of the body vs. just a general cosmetic surgeon. That is why I chose Dr. Stallman as he is an oculoplastic (eye specialist) surgeon with 20+ years of experience with eye procedures. In my research, I discovered three main reasons for unhappy patients: First: the patient was not a candidate for the surgery to begin with due to a medical condition causing unsatisfactory, or down right horrific results (for blephoraplasty: diabetes, hyper/hypo-thyroid, graves disease, chrones disease, etc. were some of the disqualifying conditions - mainly hyper or hypo-thyroidism). It is imperative that you discuss any cosmetic surgery you are planning with your regular physician well in advance in order to have a complete physical and any necessary blood work then discuss the results with the cosmetic surgeon to determine whether you have a condition that would disqualify you as a good candidate for surgery. Second: do your research thoroughly via online reviews, American Medical Association, and searching the doctor's name for any lawsuits or sanctions, etc., Third: be realistic. Look at your face to see whether your eyebrows were uneven to begin with, what are your features - are they symmetric or Asymmetric, because those features will stay the same. You will not look different just because you've had the "bags" under your eyes removed.

June 20th, 2013
Patient
Dr Stallman did an otstanding job repair my eye lid damage from a injury. It looks and funtions normal thank doctor!

March 28th, 2013
strong recommendation
The experience with Dr. Stallman and his staff was great ! I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking eyelid or facial plastic surgery