Dr. Paul Summers MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 9th, 2016
Patient, kind, brilliant
Some of Doctor Summers' patients mistake his shy manner for a poor bedside manner. He may not be as outgoing as other doctors, but he is patient and truly cares about helping those in his care. I have been passed along by countless doctors because they are 'unable' to help. When I first met Dr. Summers, he told me he wouldn't give up on me if I didn't give up on him. He has made significant progress and is still working to find a way to ease the pain and frustration I've been living with for 15 years. So, if you want a kind, qualified doctor, Summers is your guy. If you are looking for charisma, you most likely don't need Summers' expertise.

June 1st, 2013
Horrible experience
I can easily say that this is the worst doctor that I have ever been to. If I could give him no stars at all I would. He kept treating me for something I didn't have. I kept suffering for weeks and weeks. He didn't take me serious and didn't listen. He was staring right out when talking (or should I say mumbeling). Nothing made sense. I was lucky to find someone else that was able to help me. I am now being treated for something totally different. I am finally feeling better.

December 2nd, 2012
Uncaring
I am not impressed with doctor one bit! The only thing he did right was to diagnose my problem. Afterwards, he seemed to forget me and we had to go through the same diagnostic procedure every time. I was interested in a solution, not just a diagnosis. He mumbles when he talks and seems preoccupied with other things. I started to see another doctor in the same clinic, (Madsen). I had written a letter explaining my entire history and frustration with Dr. Summers. I could not get the surgery needed because he wouldn't allow it. I am always told, "Dr. Summers doesn't recommend this". I believe this is because he is offended by the letter and is taking it out on me that I stood up for myself.

February 7th, 2012
Always promptWonderful and friendly staffCalls me immediately himselef with my lab resultsSpends enough time for me to feel heardI am confident he is more knowledgable than most in his are of gynecology and my personal issueI see him often and these are my consistent experiences

December 19th, 2011
Highly Reccomend
Dr. Summers is an amazingly competent Doctor. He literally saved my daughter's life. I don't care so much about personality (although we like him very much) as we do about competency and he is probably the best doctor we have ever seen. A year ago, my daughter was barely able to function normally and today she is completely healthy and enjoying life.

May 25th, 2011
A bit awkward but professional. Gave good advice.

January 18th, 2011
Would NOT reccommend
I've had great experiences with other OB/GYNs before, but that was not the case with Dr. Summers. His bedside manner made me feel uncomfortable, and he wasn't helpful when answering questions.I don't doubt his competency, but his approach and style did not suit my preferences when trying to find someone to care for me and my (second) baby-to-be.

December 25th, 2010
He is very nice and very professional!

December 21st, 2010
Highly Recommended
It is great to finally go to a Doctor that doesn't just want to prescribe medications without fully knowing what is wrong with me. Thank you Dr. Summers for taking the time to correctly diagnose my problem and getting me back on the road to recovery!

October 26th, 2010
I thought he did alright while I was pregnant for a couple months, but then I miscarried and it was like he had never dealt with one in his life. I have had 4 miscarriages in the past and I know what my body responds to and he wouldn't listen and would tell me stats but not even a word of condolence. Didn't check on me after I had a d/c. Not recommended if looking for a caring doctor.

September 12th, 2010
I do NOT recommend this physician. His miss diagnoisis caused me a year of pain. He is not qualified to treat yeast infections. Because of his treatment of topical steroids, I now have neuralgia.

April 8th, 2010
Long wait time at Centerville
I am pretty easy going about expecting a little wait time at the doctors office. I went to my first pregnancy app. to Dr. Summers office and will not go back. I waited for twenty five minutes until a nurse took me back to a room to be weighed and asked a few questions. She then told me Dr. Summer would be in shortly. I waited for one hour in that room! I even asked the nurses what was going on twice and the assured me he wold be in in a minute. After Dr. Summer talked with be briefly which is understandable at a first prenatal visit he said to change out of my clothes so he could do a pap smear. After he left I changed promptly expecting him to come back soon and waited for an additional twenty minutes! I proceeded to tell the nurses that I might just get dressed an go home but they said again he would be right with me. My complaints are mostly about my wait, and I felt like no one really cared in the office. The nurses were prompt but not so friendly. Also I felt uncomfortable around Dr. Summers. I had a female obgyn with my first child so that could have been it. Overall I left the office feeling like i wont go back and did not enjoy my first prenatal visit! I must add that my visit was at the Centerville branch.